Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could of picked any actor out of Hollywood to do the level of work that Sutherland is doing, it was star appeal. You're delusional if you think otherwise. Kojima just wanted a known name attached to his project. Hayter is known, but obviously not to the level of Sutherland. I honestly think he's borrowing the idea off of Quantic Dream, and we know how well that game did.

His voice is nothing special though.

:exactly:

His voice is nothing special though.

Thats your opinion. I personally think his voice is perfect for Snake, and it is definitely distinct enough because when the Phantom Pain gameplay was shown everyone knew he was voicing Ishmael.

Hayter’s voice is still special, but not in a good way.

His MGS1 voice was perfect, it is shame he can’t still do it.

They could of picked any actor out of Hollywood to do the level of work that Sutherland is doing, it was star appeal. You're delusional if you think otherwise. Kojima just wanted a known name attached to his project. Hayter is known, but obviously not to the level of Sutherland. I honestly think he's borrowing the idea off of Quantic Dream, and we know how well that game did.

:exactly:

That is a possibility, or Kojima could have realized, like many of us, that Hayter has been getting worse and worse. I can’t see with the new route this franchise is Hayter doing a good enough job.

That is a possibility, or Kojima could have realized, like many of us, that Hayter has been getting worse and worse. I can’t see with the new route this franchise is Hayter doing a good enough job.

I'm pretty sure Hayter's voice change is either his own choice, or it could of come from Zimmerman. And like many of us? You're the only one I've seen on here to truly complain about it. I honestly don't know why you even continued with the series this long if you didn't like Hayter this much.

Thats your opinion. I personally think his voice is perfect for Snake, and it is definitely distinct enough because when the Phantom Pain gameplay was shown everyone knew he was voicing Ishmael.

Hayter’s voice is still special, but not in a good way.

His MGS1 voice was perfect, it is shame he can’t still do it.

Damn right right it's my opinion I haven't heard anything that sounds good so far as far as Hayter goes he wasn't given a chance to do nothing he was let go .

How I feel about the current discussion (or what pturtle seems to be bringing out)

stash-1-50eb7e930f472.gif

I seriously agree with Solidus and krec. I don't hate Sutherland but he doesn't interest me in the slightest with his voice for Boss. Though I think I saw Sutherland in a live ad for some beer once...

I'm pretty sure Hayter's voice change is either his own choice, or it could of come from Zimmerman. And like many of us? You're the only one I've seen on here to truly complain about it. I honestly don't know why you even continued with the series this long if you didn't like Hayter this much.

There are a fair amount of people who understand what I’m saying. Hayter has been subpar, especially in MGS PW. Whether it was his choice or not. I don’t hate Hayter, but I feel some worship him like he’s a religion or something.

I have to agree that MGS4 and PW's voice were bad, but it was probably Kojima who told Hayter to play it that way, now, if Hayter can go back to MGS1 voice at will, that I don't know, but I can see how a voice like Snake in MGS4 could damage Hayter's throat, being a voice actor, you'd think he would have training on how to do Snake's voice without making any damage.

And as far as Kiefer, star appeal was not the reason, he's a C-lister at best, I didn't care for him before MGSV, it was his acting abilities alone what made Kojima pick him, yeah, he could have chosen anyone, just like any director could choose any actor for any role, but even if it was someone else, complaints would've been the same.

There are a fair amount of people who understand what I’m saying. Hayter has been subpar, especially in MGS PW. Whether it was his choice or not. I don’t hate Hayter, but I feel some worship him like he’s a religion or something.

He's not a religion, he's the guy that's been playing him for 15 years.

Is this why you made those hideosutherland accounts, to vent? :lol

I have to agree that MGS4 and PW's voice were bad, but it was probably Kojima who told Hayter to play it that way, now, if Hayter can go back to MGS1 voice at will, that I don't know, but I can see how a voice like Snake in MGS4 could damage Hayter's throat, being a voice actor, you'd think he would have training on how to do Snake's voice without making any damage.

And as far as Kiefer, star appeal was not the reason, he's a C-lister at best, I didn't care for him before MGSV, it was his acting abilities alone what made Kojima pick him, yeah, he could have chosen anyone, just like any director could choose any actor for any role, but even if it was someone else, complaints would've been the same.

He plays this guy in every role prior to Bauer.

:exactly::goodpost:

159.gif

I see wisdom in your words

Last edited:
And did Hayter have a wider range? No.

Yeah, "he can only play creeps" I know, BB is supposed to be a vile person, shooting kids and yadda yadda, that'd make Kiefer perfect for the role, from your perspective.

Now, there are a lot of actors and actresses out there that play themselves, that's not always a problem, and so far it's certainly not in this case.

You know, I would of had a problem no matter who became a scab for Hayter's role, but to go and say that someone like Sutherland can do a better job... why exactly?

And why does he need a wider range? It's not like he's ****ing singing :lol

and did hayter have a wider range? No.

Yeah, "he can only play creeps" i know, bb is supposed to be a vile person, shooting kids and yadda yadda, that'd make kiefer perfect for the role, from your perspective.

now, there are a lot of actors and actresses out there that play themselves, that's not always a problem, and so far it's certainly not in this case.

keptyuweetinghungh was terrible. I don't want to play this and constantly be thinking of Kiefer Sutherland, or Bauer. He needs to shield his voice for it to work, and obviously that isn't happening.

Back