Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But he doesn't have to do it all the time then again Hayter doesn't do it for a living he's a screen writer.

I believe Hayter said the voice was damaging his throat, especially MGS4, but don’t quote me on that.

But he doesn't have to do it all the time then again Hayter doesn't do it for a living he's a screen writer.

All I'm saying is, Batman's voice sounds far less demanding, and it's practically natural for Conroy, that's why Conroy has been able to do it for so long and switching from Young Bats to seasoned Bats at wish.

He never said it was damaging he said MGS1 voice was a strain to do because of the slight rasp

PW and beyond are actually easier because it's easier to go full rasp than maintain a level - ask Christian Bale

Kept you waiting line by Kief actually made me laugh, they couldn't even think of a new line or name for him so the just cheaped out.

Putting Kief up against Hayter with his own slogans was never a good idea. Kojibro fuels the fire between Hayter and Kief

Nicely said, Frank. Especially the last point, about Kiefer using the slogan that was made famous by Hayter. +1 rep for the clarification on Hayter's voice.

Last edited:
He never said it was damaging he said MGS1 voice was a strain to do because of the slight rasp

PW and beyond are actually easier because it's easier to go full rasp than maintain a level - ask Christian Bale

Kept you waiting line by Kief actually made me laugh, they couldn't even think of a new line or name for him so the just cheaped out.

Putting Kief up against Hayter with his own slogans was never a good idea. Kojibro fuels the fire between Hayter and Kief

2wgredh.gif

Hayter can actually still do a more reserved VA ala MGS1. It's just that he doesn't, which I would blame Zinmerman Voice director for.

Listen to his voice in Republique. Guys still got it!

:exactly: I'm with everyone else on what you said Frank:goodpost:

Yea I remember him saying in some interview with some girl that the mgs1 voice was harder to do.

I think a lot more people are coming around and are excited to hear what Kiefer can do in the role.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Hayter has gotten worse with every game, and then gets replaced. I just can't get over PW and how bad he was in it.

Yea I remember him saying in some interview with some girl that the mgs1 voice was harder to do.

I think a lot more people are coming around and are excited to hear what Kiefer can do in the role.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Hayter has gotten worse with every game, and then gets replaced. I just can't get over PW and how bad he was in it.

Kiefer might be all right but he's not bringing nothing new he sounds like Kiefer as least Hayter sounds different will be hard for alot of us to get use to this.

The way I see it is Kief might not be bad, but he won't be great either.

The facial features etc aspect is the biggest thing he'll contribute to the game. He doesn't have enough of a guff soldier type voice that fits with this type of role, especially for the main protagonist in MGS.

Now he just blends in like everybody else or sounds like jack Bauer.

The way I see it is Kief might not be bad, but he won't be great either.

The facial features etc aspect is the biggest thing he'll contribute to the game. He doesn't have enough of a guff soldier type voice that fits with this type of role, especially for the main protagonist in MGS.

Now he just blends in like everybody else or sounds like jack Bauer.

So a soldier type voice is only when someone sounds like they have throat cancer, especially in PW? In all my years of living, I have never met anyone with a similar voice to Hayter’s version of Snake. Now Kiefer on the other hand, has a distinct voice, but also a realistic sounding voice. Kiefer wasn’t brought on to play Snake so he can change his voice, they picked him for his voice.

I’m really not being a “Kojibro” either. If a Metal Gear remake happens, and Hayter can’t do a young Solid anymore, then I would want him recast. If would be crazy to want him back and he makes Solid sound that old.

I really like David Hayter and his MGS/2/3 voice was great and for 4 his voice was suitable for being old, but in PW and the digital novels it was ridiculous. He literally sounds like a robot when he says 'Survival' after choosing a fatigue outfit on PW

So a soldier type voice is only when someone sounds like they have throat cancer, especially in PW? In all my years of living, I have never met anyone with a similar voice to Hayter’s version of Snake. Now Kiefer on the other hand, has a distinct voice, but also a realistic sounding voice. Kiefer wasn’t brought on to play Snake so he can change his voice, they picked him for his voice.

I’m really not being a “Kojibro” either. If a Metal Gear remake happens, and Hayter can’t do a young Solid anymore, then I would want him recast. If would be crazy to want him back and he makes Solid sound that old.

I really like David Hayter and his MGS/2/3 voice was great and for 4 his voice was suitable for being old, but in PW and the digital novels it was ridiculous. He literally sounds like a robot when he says 'Survival' after choosing a fatigue outfit on PW
Oh dear god I thought that was intentional. Yeah I think that's the best point about Hayter's voice in the later games.

Kojima chose Kiefer to motion capture Big Boss's facial expressions (and I guess also for Hollywood star appeal). His voice was never mentioned as one of the reasons.

Agreed man. Solidus thinking that Kiefer wasn’t chosen for his voice also is delusional. They could have just got a mime, it would have been cheaper.

Back