Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I would of had a problem no matter who became a scab for Hayter's role, but to go and say that someone like Sutherland can do a better job... why exactly?

And why does he need a wider range? It's not like he's ****ing singing :lol

Maybe in actual acting yea but voice work no way he bringing nothing new that we haven't seen.

keptyuweetinghungh was terrible. I don't want to play this and constantly be thinking of Kiefer Sutherland, or Bauer.
It wasn't, it was delivered very naturally, and after seeing some 24 videos, I don't hear Bauer in BB.

You know, I would of had a problem no matter who became a scab for Hayter's role, but to go and say that someone like Sutherland can do a better job... why exactly?

And why does he need a wider range? It's not like he's ****ing singing :lol

Well, I'm not saying he'd do a better job than Hayter altogether, just different, but he can definitely do a better job than Hayter in MGS4 and PW, for obvious reasons, the same way I believe Hayter himself can do a better job than MGS4 and PW.

A wider acting range, then what's your complaint about Kiefer playing the same dude if it's not necessary?

Maybe in actual acting yea but voice work no way he bringing nothing new that we haven't seen.

Either was Hayter. The guy was getting worse and worse. Kiefer’s voice is great for the role, and he will be able to act out a lot of Big Boss’ emotions. I will admit I doubt Kiefer can beat the MGS1 voice, but he would have to start coughing every time he speaks to be worse than Hayter in PW.

Troy Baker said the acting part is far more important than the voice itself. I believe that. Movie actors can do a great voice work most of the time, I don't know if its the same the other way around

It wasn't, it was delivered very naturally, and after seeing some 24 videos, I don't hear Bauer in BB.

I've never seen 24, his voice sounds new to me

Well, I'm not saying he'd do a better job than Hayter altogether, just different, but he can definitely do a better job than Hayter in MGS4 and PW, for obvious reasons, the same way I believe Hayter himself can do a better job than MGS4 and PW.

A wider acting range, then what's your complaint about Kiefer playing the same dude if it's not necessary?

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture

Well then I guess I'll turn blame to Kojima, for still piggybacking that ****ing line.

Either was Hayter. The guy was getting worse and worse. Kiefer’s voice is great for the role, and he will be able to act out a lot of Big Boss’ emotions. I will admit I doubt Kiefer can beat the MGS1 voice, but he would have to start coughing every time he speaks to be worse than Hayter in PW.

Alright I need a flat out answer. If Hayter was told to pull back on his voice (which wouldn't make sense considering Big Boss is older now and has been smoking cigars for like 30 years probably) what exactly can Sutherland do that Hayter can't? You guys keep hammering this nail down, with nothing really to show for it.

Well then I guess I'll turn blame to Kojima, for still piggybacking that ****ing line.

Alright I need a flat out answer. If Hayter was told to pull back on his voice (which wouldn't make sense considering Big Boss is older now and has been smoking cigars for like 30 years probably) what exactly can Sutherland do that Hayter can't? You guys keep hammering this nail down, with nothing really to show for it.

I am happy Big Boss has a different actor first of all. So whether Hayter could still do his younger voice wouldn’t mean anything to me. Big Boss and Solid need to be separated, and Kojima screwed that up in mgs3.

If he could still do that voice which I highly doubt, then I would love for him to play Solid again in future installments.

I am happy Big Boss has a different actor first of all. So whether Hayter could still do his younger voice wouldn’t mean anything to me. Big Boss and Solid need to be separated, and Kojima screwed that up in mgs3.

If he could still do that voice which I highly doubt, then I would love for him to play Solid again in future installments.

The first of many mistakes on Big Boss.

There is nothing to show that Keifer will do far worse than Hayter, what he can do that Hayter can't its implied in the vid they released months ago. The thing is we haven't seen that, I'll wait until the game and then I'll make my mind, I don't know anything about Kiefer's work, and I don't care about it. I'll just wait until I'll play the game and see for myself

I am happy Big Boss has a different actor first of all. So whether Hayter could still do his younger voice wouldn’t mean anything to me. Big Boss and Solid need to be separated

:exactly:

There is nothing to show that Keifer will do far worse than Hayter, what he can do that Hayter can't its implied in the vid they released months ago. The thing is we haven't seen that, I'll wait until the game and then I'll make my mind, I don't know anything about Kiefer's work, and I don't care about it. I'll just wait until I'll play the game and see for myself

Which is?

The first of many mistakes on Big Boss.

And him removing Hayter and hiring Kiefer was fixing that mistake. How he went about getting rid of Hayter might be wrong, but I don’t know the man personally so I’m not losing sleep over it.

Nothing to show for it? That's what I've been doing all the time, I see you're trying to go for the usual "You hate Hayter" "If you didn't like Hayter, why did you even play MGS", which is not the case at all, and while I have Hayter on a voice acting/videogame pedestal, there's a lot more to MGS than Hayter.

That's precisely the point, Big Boss is old, so that'd mean Hayter would've needed to do that same PW voice, and I tell you, between Kiefer and PW Hayter, I'd pick Kiefer.

But if it was young or middle aged Snake, between Hayter and Kiefer, I'd pick Hayter any day of the week, which I why I'd love Hayter to come back for the remakes if he can do the voice.

Do I think there are people that would've done a much better job than Kiefer? Of course, Troy Baker himself would have been a better choice, and he's also a screen actor, Joel's facial motion was all Baker wasn't he?

Nothing to show for it? That's what I've been doing all the time, I see you're trying to go for the usual "You hate Hayter" "If you didn't like Hayter, why did you even play MGS", which is not the case at all, and while I have Hayter on a voice acting/videogame pedestal, there's a lot more to MGS than Hayter.

That's precisely the point, Big Boss is old, so that'd mean Hayter would've needed to do that same PW voice, and I tell you, between Kiefer and PW Hayter, I'd pick Kiefer.

But if it was young or middle aged Snake, between Hayter and Kiefer, I'd pick Hayter any day of the week, which I why I'd love Hayter to come back for the remakes if he can do the voice.

Do I think there are people that would've done a much better job than Kiefer? Of course, Troy Baker himself would have been a better choice, and he's also a screen actor, Joel's facial motion was all Baker wasn't he?

We can agree on that, he's 10x what Sutherland is. I can tolerate him as Ocelot I guess, but they completely ****ed up what Ocelot's face was.

Honestly I do think Hayter was meh in MGs4, and PW but I figured he tried to make both Snakes sound older, or show that smoking took its effect on the characters' voices. I don't think it's that easy to do with how Snake seems (again I heard this, I don't know if it's true) to strain his voice, unlike say, Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed where Roger Craig Smith was able to make Ezio sound like a young teenager, young/middle aged adult and then old man no problem. I do want to know if Hayter can still do young Snake honestly, I really am curious.

Also I'm so glad no one has brought up the "it would make no sense if Hayter voiced both Snakes in a cutscene in MGSV!!! NONE AT ALL!! ZOMG!!" argument, it's totally stupid and shows how retarded humanity can be.

He can do wonders, and sound completely different... he would ve been a much better choice imho :lecture

We can agree on that, he's 10x what Sutherland is. I can tolerate him as Ocelot I guess, but they completely ****ed up what Ocelot's face was.

And he DOES sing! :lol

Yup, I'm not feeling Ocelot's face, at 1st I didn't care, but the more I looked at it, the less I liked it, it's like Ocelot got a face lift on a clandestine Mexican clinic :lol

Back