Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brb gotta beat it again....

2dc95c5.jpg

His voice is nothing special though.

I agree, krec. And again, the ignore function proves to be a fail, because I can still see the quotes from an attention-starved reptile who loves to mention my name on occasion.

Kiefer was chosen primarily for his star appeal, and to provide motion captures for Big Boss's face - period :lol. Noting was ever mentioned about his voice being distinct in any way. According to Kojima, Big Boss will be talking less in MGS V, and expressing more with his facial features (which is where Kiefer's role comes into play).

I have to say, I think some of you guys are putting way too much faith in Kojima, in that you actually believe that he cares about his western audience. The botched localization of MGS 2 is proof enough of the contrary. And in addition, David Hayter mentioned, that during his tenure in working with MGS, he rarely ever communicated with Kojima. I even remember back in 2008, that there were two separate midnight launches for MGS; David Hayter and the rest of the English cast were in LA, and Kojima was in Times Square. It's like the Great Lord Koji didn't even want to be associated with them. His behavior so far, has lead me to believe that he has probably never even listened to the English voice works in his own games.

I actually meant a guff soldier voice that was In like with what the game already had, sorry I thought I made that clear at the end

Kief was never chosen for the voice it's for his acting skills and why are people saying MGS1 was hayters only good voice, 2 and 3 were fine, 4 for old snake too although pushing it

I actually meant a guff soldier voice that was In like with what the game already had, sorry I thought I made that clear at the end

Kief was never chosen for the voice it's for his acting skills and why are people saying MGS1 was hayters only good voice, 2 and 3 were fine, 4 for old snake too although pushing it

Who said that was his only good voice? I just stated that his voice has gotten worse with every game. PW could have worked great for a TRUTH commercial.

I like to think of the Solid games and the Big Boss games as seperate entities, for me Hayter is the main character of the Solid saga and I always disliked Hayter for Big Boss, he doesn't suit the character at all imo.

Hayter as Solid :drool
Hayter as Boss :dunno

Either was Hayter. The guy was getting worse and worse. Kiefer’s voice is great for the role, and he will be able to act out a lot of Big Boss’ emotions. I will admit I doubt Kiefer can beat the MGS1 voice, but he would have to start coughing every time he speaks to be worse than Hayter in PW.

well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-gif-the-dude-lebowski.gif

I like to think of the Solid games and the Big Boss games as seperate entities, for me Hayter is the main character of the Solid saga and I always disliked Hayter for Big Boss, he doesn't suit the character at all imo.

:goodpost: :exactly:

For me... the problem begins if Solid is back and Hayter is not his voice :panic: .. but its to early to worry about that I think. A different voice of Big Boss was a great choice

I couldn’t agree with you more.

Of course it is man. Believe me I have no problem if you think he has been consistently great every game, but people seem to have a problem with me thinking he hasn’t.

No people have a problem you think Kiefer is so great .where in the videos does he sound as great as your making him out to be?

:goodpost: :exactly:

For me... the problem begins if Solid is back and Hayter is not his voice :panic: .. but its to early to worry about that I think. A different voice of Big Boss was a great choice

But they already screwed that up why change now because of facial capture?

Back