Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, David Hayter was not replaced because Kojima found his voice work inferior. For those of you who keep emphasizing that it was the reason, show me proof. Link an article where Kojima said that he was dissatisfied Hayter's voice.

But Kojima is continuing with the Akio for Big Boss but ousted Hayter.

It seems that Kojima thinks that Akio Ōtsuka can still do his job and Hayter doesn't, either that... or Kojima has something against Hayter :dunno (which I doubt) there aren't many possible explanations for this.

I don't know if Kojima actually said why he wanted to keep Akio Ōtsuka as Big Boss

Because Hayter is the man without a face.

2hn1gur.jpg

Can he use his face? :dunno

Akio Ōtsuka is an actual voice actor, look at the list of **** he's done for anime, movies and videogames, I highly doubt he uses the same voice for every single character, so it's safe to assume Akio Ōtsuka has a waaaay wider acting range than Hayter.

Interviews with Hayter state otherwise.

I'm not surprised, Kojima is a massive troll

Akio Ōtsuka is an actual voice actor, look at the list of **** he's done for anime, movies and videogames, I highly doubt he uses the same voice for every single character, so it's safe to assume Akio Ōtsuka has a waaaay wider acting range than Hayter.

Yup that :exactly:

Akio Ōtsuka is an actual voice actor, loot at the list of **** he's done for anime, movies and videogames, I highly doubt he uses the same voice for every single character, so it's safe to assume Akio Ōtsuka has a waaaay wider acting range than Hayter.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. He actually sounded the same in his voice work for Black Jack.

Hayter and Akio Ōtsuka are different people, and I doubt their performance is at the same level. They are different actors. It seems that Kojima thinks that Akio Ōtsuka can still do his job

:exactly: :goodpost:

There is absolutely no reason he should be replaced other than Hayter fans wanting to be treated fair.

He's not Nolan North good. He'll probably sound the same because he'll probably be told to do it the same way.

Everyone stop for a second and actually imagine Phantom Pain Big Boss talking as David Hayter... it's actually weird as hell to imagine.

It would be horrible, and while I haven’t played the game yet, I don’t think it would fit the tone of the game.

I'd just like to know, what are some of you guys arguing about? I mean, you guys keep trying to make a rather absurd point that Hayter was replaced because his voice work was inferior. There's no evidence to support that in any of Kojima's interviews.

Hayter was not given a reason for why he was booted.

That sounds ridiculous to me. Hayter has such a cartoon voice which absolutely suits Solid as a hero, but not Big Boss which is told to be a legendary leader and a brutal man, it ruins the tone.

A Solid game without Hayter is anothee story, I'd be mega pissed

Couldn't agree more :lol

BTW I just found this:

“This time, the facial performance that is being done by the English voice actor is what is driving the animation, what is driving the character. And actually, Otsuka-san, who is the Japanese voice, will be dubbing into that. So his facial expressions will not be in the game, so it’s just his voice. It’s like what he’s done up to this point. So that’s more or less the reason why this casting decision was made.

I know some people may have reservations, whenever things change, people are always a little nervous. But I think if you just wait and see how things turn out, I think you’ll be very happy with the performance. I think it’s really cool and we can’t wait to show you more.”

Last edited:
Back