Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds ridiculous to me. Hayter has such a cartoon voice which absolutely suits Solid as a hero, but not Big Boss which is told to be a legendary leader and a brutal man, it ruins the tone.

A Solid game without Hayter is another story, I'd be mega pissed.

His legend has been destroyed.

3539hfb.jpg

I'd just like to know, what are some of you guys arguing about? I mean, you guys keep trying to make a rather absurd point that Hayter was replaced because his voice work was inferior. There's no evidence to support that in any of Kojima's interviews.

Hayter was not given a reason for why he was booted.

Absurd why? Is it Hyperbole time? :lol

I didn't say his voice is inferior, well in MGS4 and PW it was but it's unknown if Hayter can get back to MGS1 voice.
The reason behind the change was to get something different of a voice, more fitting, apparently Akio Ōtsuka can pull it off, Hayter can't.

I didn't say he's voice is inferior, well in MGS4 and PW it was but it's unknown if Hayter can get back to MGS1 voice.
The reason behind the change was to get something different of a voice, more fitting, apparently Akio Ōtsuka can pull it off, Hayter can't.

:exactly:

That and because Keifer will be doing the animation (I don't know why Kiefer is so 'talented' for just moving his face but oh well...), Ōtsuka will be doing the same as always, just voice acting

To be fair, all Japanese mid age male voices from everything, anime, movies and games, sound the same to me :lol except for Goku, they might as well be Snake.

On another note, why the hell does Big Boss have so many names and why the hell do they still call him Snake? He's Big Boss. And on that note further, why Naked? Does he have a twin Clothed Snake and then later a triplet that's Topless Snake?

I didn't say he's voice is inferior, well in MGS4 and PW it was but it's unknown if Hayter can get back to MGS1 voice.

Like I said before, Kojima has never cared for the English voice work in any of his games. MGS 1 suffered from immense localization issues, and it was absolutely horrific with MGS 2 - where it was largely ignored by both Kojima and Konami.

Kojima probably has a crush on The Kief and that's why he likes his face so much. He's so odd, I wouldn't even put it past him.

Like I said before, Kojima has never cared for the English voice work in any of his games. MGS 1 suffered from immense localization issues, and it was absolutely horrific with MGS 2 - where it was largely ignored by both Kojima and Konami.

Kojima probably has a crush on The Kief and that's why he likes his face so much. He's so odd, I wouldn't even put it past him.

I can't argue with that, that's probably true.

Jack, Are you asking why he was called Naked Snake?

:lol yeah btw Punished Snake is a little weird, and not necessary, he should be called Big Boss once and for all :gah:

In the credits of MGS3 he's all 'Call me Big Boss.' And that was like.. damn, that's bad ***. Then oh wait... he's Snake again (MPO), then again (PW)... and again (GZ).... and again (TPP)

In the credits of MGS3 he's all 'Call me Big Boss.' And that was like.. damn, that's bad ***. Then oh wait... he's Snake again (MPO), then again (PW)... and again (GZ).... and again (TPP)

:exactly:

I think it was on PW when he got mad at the Boss and said " **** this ****, call me Big Boss!"

No more Snakes please... the next will be "Hypocritical Snake"

I can picture Hayter doing MGSV boss, not that video Plissken linked since it's a younger Snake, but I can see it. Also I hate how Big Boss is constantly changing names. He FINALLY accepted the name at the end of PW, and now he changed it for no reason...seriously, what's the point? People are gonna know it's still him with none of his sons born yet.
Very, another continuity that I guess Kojima okay violating. What I despise even more is when a long running franchise switches actors out with almost every game. RE1 RECV REmake RE5 all have different Weskers :yuck
Kinda worth it because D.C. Douglas is amazing as Wesker...though they should have gotten him earlier.
I agree, krec. And again, the ignore function proves to be a fail, because I can still see the quotes from an attention-starved reptile who loves to mention my name on occasion.

Kiefer was chosen primarily for his star appeal, and to provide motion captures for Big Boss's face - period :lol. Noting was ever mentioned about his voice being distinct in any way. According to Kojima, Big Boss will be talking less in MGS V, and expressing more with his facial features (which is where Kiefer's role comes into play).

I have to say, I think some of you guys are putting way too much faith in Kojima, in that you actually believe that he cares about his western audience. The botched localization of MGS 2 is proof enough of the contrary. And in addition, David Hayter mentioned, that during his tenure in working with MGS, he rarely ever communicated with Kojima. I even remember back in 2008, that there were two separate midnight launches for MGS; David Hayter and the rest of the English cast were in LA, and Kojima was in Times Square. It's like the Great Lord Koji didn't even want to be associated with them. His behavior so far, has lead me to believe that he has probably never even listened to the English voice works in his own games.
I know Kojima specifically stated that he wanted Kiefer to "have a more subdued performance expressed through subtle facial movements and tone of voice rather than words". So Solidus is completely correct, no going around it. He wants Kiefer's tone - nothing about his actual voice or talent. If you say otherwise, you're definitely either a Kojibro, a serious kiefer fanboy, or both.
He's not Nolan North good. He'll probably sound the same because he'll probably be told to do it the same way.
Desmond Miles, Nathan Drake, and Prince of Persia (2008) sound almost exactly the same and if nothing else, their personalities, mannerisms and everything are basically the same. :lol his Penguin voice is distinctly different but you can tell it's North. Also, even some of the guards who I believe Nolan voices sound very much like Drake. Which is hilarious.

I can picture Hayter doing MGSV boss, not that video Plissken linked since it's a younger Snake, but I can see it. Also I hate how Big Boss is constantly changing names. He FINALLY accepted the name at the end of PW, and now he changed it for no reason...seriously, what's the point? People are gonna know it's still him with none of his sons born yet.Kinda worth it because D.C. Douglas is amazing as Wesker...though they should have gotten him earlier.I know Kojima specifically stated that he wanted Kiefer to "have a more subdued performance expressed through subtle facial movements and tone of voice rather than words". So Solidus is completely correct, no going around it. He wants Kiefer's tone - nothing about his actual voice or talent. If you say otherwise, you're definitely either a Kojibro, a serious kiefer fanboy, or both.Desmond Miles, Nathan Drake, and Prince of Persia (2008) sound almost exactly the same and if nothing else, their personalities, mannerisms and everything are basically the same. :lol his Penguin voice is distinctly different but you can tell it's North. Also, even some of the guards who I believe Nolan voices sound very much like Drake. Which is hilarious.

Listen to him as David in TLOU.

Back