Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't ground zeroes come with a tutorial that teaches you how to manage or expand your base and army or whatever? Like peace walker?

two hours of the main mission .. without the side missions..

and with the exclusive content for Xbox and PS .. i guess we will get more gameplay

Are you guys going to play regardless? :lol

I don't have a next gen console. I have a 360. $30 to possibly $50 - for 2 hours of play.

I’ll play it just not at launch i’ll wait for reviews and then i’ll rent it though Gamefly.

Are you guys going to play regardless? :lol

I don't have a next gen console. I have a 360. $30 to possibly $50 - for 2 hours of play.

I will, like I said before I have payed for 60 dollar games that were horrible and wasted my
Money.

I'll certainly get
More than 2 hours out of it. The side missions, challenges, and the platinum means I will be playing this for a little while. I care more about it being good than the length of the game to be honest. All together this sounds like a 5 hour game, and that's what I expected since the beginning.

I will, like I said before I have payed for 60 dollar games that were horrible and wasted my
Money.

I'll certainly get
More than 2 hours out of it. The side missions, challenges, and the platinum means I will be playing this for a little while. I care more about it being good than the length of the game to be honest. All together this sounds like a 5 hour game, and that's what I expected since the beginning.

Then again most games are 5-8 hours so this is nothing new just no multiplayer or anything.

Money.

I'll certainly get

I played really crappy games during this gen, I'm ready for anything :lol

I've watched the demo a couple of times, considering what we've seen rescuing chico and Paz shouldn't take longer that 20 or 30 minutes tops. There must be a few things we haven't seen of the main mission.

BTW I'll make my own challenges. Silly things like playing on the hardest mode and run around without using any weapons, just CQC to see how much time I can play without triggering the alert. One way or another I know I'll have fun with this, how I'll feel after finishing it ... well that depends on things I don't know yet, how much time it will take to finish the whole game... the replayability... :dunno I'll try to be open minded about this

I played really crappy games during this gen, I'm ready for anything :lol

I've watched the demo a couple of times, considering what we've seen rescuing chico and Paz shouldn't take longer that 20 or 30 minutes tops. There must be a few things we haven't seen of the main mission.

BTW I'll make my own challenges. Silly things like playing on the hardest mode and run around without using any weapons, just CQC to see how much time I can play without triggering the alert. One way or another I know I'll have fun with this, how I'll feel after finishing it ... well that depends on things I don't know yet, how much time it will take to finish the whole game... the replayability... :dunno I'll try to be open minded about this

Thats the spirit :lol

Yea I bought a lot of crappy games as well. In all honestly after a month this game will be about 20 dollars for next gen copies all over amazon.

can someone explain Kojima's reply to the Twitter ppl from his account ?

something about Multiplayer? im not familiar with MGS Multiplayer "online" how it works ?

Straight from Kojima's Twitter:

"Dear my Twitter friends, Please read:"

BfwIk-OCIAA1mWA.jpg:large

Seems like a last minute damage control PR statement. P/s Kojima: Hire an English speaking PR officer, not Google Translate.

Dear my Twitter friends :lol

I just remembered, I payed $20 for PW and I put over 100 hours of gameplay into it.

So if it's quality over quantity, GZ better be dazzling cause PW was so damn fun to play.

https://kotaku.com/hideo-kojima-explains-why-mgs-zeroes-is-so-damn-short-1517044277

I think this explains it.

I think everything we do and how we finish out missions are compared to others, like time finished, accuracy and all that crap.

I'm fine with a 2 hour game, just look at Gone Home, that was a $20 dollar game (at launch) with you basically running around in a point-and-click adventure for a pitiful 2 hours. Somehow that turned out to be one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had in a game. And strangely enough, there were plenty of sites now comparing Ground Zeroes to Gone Home (wha?).

But unlike MGSV, Gone Home wasn't overhyped and it ended up as a sleeper hit and it was also an indie game with a development team without much resources to spare. Kojima is a 30 year old industry veteran with all the money in the world and he shouldn't be justifying his game by what is essentially unnecessary padding.

Make no mistake, the FOX engine and the development costs of MGSV is without a doubt, astronomical. It just seems like at the end of the day, they'll do whatever it takes to recoup that cost, and like the recently announced Hot Toys Whiplash Mark II figure that has a price tag of $400, they're just experimenting it on consumers to see just how much is too much.

I'm fine with a 2 hour game, just look at Gone Home, that was a $20 dollar game (at launch) with you basically running around in a point-and-click adventure for a pitiful 2 hours. Somehow that turned out to be one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had in a game. And strangely enough, there were plenty of sites now comparing Ground Zeroes to Gone Home (wha?).

But unlike MGSV, Gone Home wasn't overhyped and it ended up as a sleeper hit and it was also an indie game with a development team without much resources to spare. Kojima is a 30 year old industry veteran with all the money in the world and he shouldn't be justifying his game by what is essentially unnecessary padding.

Make no mistake, the FOX engine and the development costs of MGSV is without a doubt, astronomical. It just seems like at the end of the day, they'll do whatever it takes to recoup that cost, and like the recently announced Hot Toys Whiplash Mark II figure that has a price tag of $400, they're just experimenting it on consumers to see just how much is too much.

I agree, no doubt, but from a business standpoint it’s pretty smart what they’re doing. They will make okay money with this, especially with the limited amount of games on store shelves right now for Ps4/XONE gamers. Even if they marked the price at 100 dollars, nobody is forcing us to buy the game. Also it will be extremely cheap probably less than a month.

Straight from Kojima's Twitter:

"Dear my Twitter friends, Please read:"

BfwIk-OCIAA1mWA.jpg:large

Seems like a last minute damage control PR statement. P/s Kojima: Hire an English speaking PR officer, not Google Translate.

There's only so much enjoyment that I can get from a 2 hour (or 5 minute?) game without it becoming boring. Kojima's Twitter message is evidenced of how out-of-touch he is with gamers that he needs to resort to damage control like that.

In retrospect, I remember when the MGS 2 demo was offered for free with a purchase of Zone of The Enders - and it also featured a large portion of the Tanker Chapter. So, it's no surprise that the big question that we're asking ourselves now, is whether $30 is justifiable for GZ - when, for all intents and purposes, it's really just a "demo" for MGS V. After all, for just $20 more you can pick up the MGS Legacy Collection which features EVERY Metal Gear game ever created by Kojima. Smart move Konami... :slap

I agree, no doubt, but from a business standpoint it’s pretty smart what they’re doing. They will make okay money with this, especially with the limited amount of games on store shelves right now for Ps4/XONE gamers. Even if they marked the price at 100 dollars, nobody is forcing us to buy the game. Also it will be extremely cheap probably less than a month.

I think it's left to be seen how many people will actually purchase GZ at full price. If the sales are poor, it'll definitely force some price drops - and hopefully, it'll also discourage Kojima from pulling something like this ever again.

Yea, thats why I said "okay sells". To be honest I can see it doing alright mainly because there is barely anything decent to play on the next gen systems. Also for current gen or should I say last gen consoles, digital download is only 20 dollars. That's not a terrible price for this. So I can see it being successful. I kind of hope it isn't though, I can see this becoming a trend.

Konami should reward the loyalty of their consumers, especially MGS fans. God knows how much I've spent over the series since 1998, and the same could be said about all of you folks. This should have been 10 bucks max, even though that's not feasible from a revenue standpoint, and that the FOX engine HAS to make money, Konami IS aware that they'll make profit in time.

FFX/X-2 HD comes out about the same time, and I'll gladly pay for the Collectors Edition that includes an artbook and a 6 hour blu ray soundtrack, which happens to be some of the most beautiful soundtracks I've ever heard in my life.

For some reason, I foresee GZ becoming free as TPP draws closer to release. In the meantime, I still have MGS2, 4 and PW to platinum. :lol

Konami should reward the loyalty of their consumers, especially MGS fans. God knows how much I've spent over the series since 1998, and the same could be said about all of you folks. This should have been 10 bucks max, even though that's not feasible from a revenue standpoint, and that the FOX engine HAS to make money, Konami IS aware that they'll make profit in time.

FFX/X-2 HD comes out about the same time, and I'll gladly pay for the Collectors Edition that includes an artbook and a 6 hour blu ray soundtrack, which happens to be some of the most beautiful soundtracks I've ever heard in my life.

For some reason, I foresee GZ becoming free as TPP draws closer to release. In the meantime, I still have MGS2, 4 and PW to platinum. :lol

:exactly::goodpost:

I think i will do the same. There will be enough to see of GZ through everyone else for me to warrant waiting i think.

I'd like to play it and no doubt friends will be it and i can play it at theirs :lol I can definitely see it being thrown in near the release of TPP for free or very little extra. They'll probably even do a special edition with both, just to piss off everyone who ordered GZ for $30

Also Ryan when does FFX/X-2 HD come out? can't wait to see that in it's glory. FFX was a very beautiful game to look at and Nobuo Uematsu has never failed to deliver

:exactly::goodpost:

I think i will do the same. There will be enough to see of GZ through everyone else for me to warrant waiting i think.

I'd like to play it and no doubt friends will be it and i can play it at theirs :lol I can definitely see it being thrown in near the release of TPP for free or very little extra. They'll probably even do a special edition with both, just to piss off everyone who ordered GZ for $30

Also Ryan when does FFX/X-2 HD come out? can't wait to see that in it's glory. FFX was a very beautiful game to look at and Nobuo Uematsu has never failed to deliver

If you could just borrow it, then why not? You just gave me the idea, thanks! :lol

I just noticed that FFX/X-2 HD comes out (gulp) the same day as GZ (March 18). Guess who's got my money? :lol

From what I've heard, the 6 hour soundtrack has every single track in the game, that alone is more to warrant a premium price.

Back