Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally, his MGS2 longer hair makes him look a bit more like Plissken yeah. Thats what I mean, that image with a few changes could be Plissken alright

With his stubble and longer hair, with an eye patch he'd be the spitting image of him. When you really look at the series as a whole, Kojima really stole so many of his ideas from EFNY and EFLA.

I'm going to a con in my town in June and I found out John Carpenter is going to be there. I'm going to wear a EFNY shirt and get him to sign maybe a poster and get a photo with him :lol

Really? that must've been a nice surprise :lol I like most of his movies, I loved "In the mouth of Madness" though most people didn't.

Damn... how awesome would be to get this signed by him:
preview-snake-Size.jpg

I'm going to a con in my town in June and I found out John Carpenter is going to be there. I'm going to wear a EFNY shirt and get him to sign maybe a poster and get a photo with him :lol

Lol nice I usually go every year the lines are crazy.

Game Informer said its less than two hours for main story, go **** yourself Kojima. Just cancel this and add it to TPP.

https://kotaku.com/metal-gear-solid..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

That seals the deal for me. No way am I gonna get a PS4 just for this as I've initially thought.

Awesome! That art looks awfully familiar though, which reminds me of one of my favorite artwork in the entire MGS series hanging on my wall:

9gi8.jpg

Ugh... two hours? I knew GZ was going to be short, but not THAT short. I can't wait for the "speed runs" on YouTube - when the experienced MGS players start beating this thing in under 30 minutes :slap.

New info from Game Informer.

The details:

Metal Gear Solid: GZ is set in 1975, while The Phantom Pain is set in 1984.
In true MGS fashion, infiltrating Camp Omega can be achieved in a number of ways.
Snake's binoculars can be used to tag enemies, allowing users to see them on their mini-map. The feature can be turned off in the options menu.
Guard AI patterns are "wider and [more] unpredictable" than in previous games.
Players can fire weapons from both a first and third person perspective.
Line of sight shooting is well polished, with the playtester able to shoot between the wires in a barbed wire fence.
Inventory management is done via the d-pad - earlier inventory system is gone.
All found weapons can be used.
When escaping foes, an onscreen numerical indicator is no longer used. Instead, a directional indicator similar to Far Cry 3 is used.
An enemy's level of alertness no longer depletes via a counter. Users will need to observe and keep an ear on intercepted radio.
A new ability allows the player to slow down time briefly when discovered by a guard. This allows time to quickly shoot the guard. This can be deactivated.
For melee attacks, a button prompt appears when Snake is close enough to an enemy. Snake can select between 'interrogate', 'knock out' or 'kill'.
Selecting interrogate can force the guard to reveal locations for ammo and secret passages.
Vehicles take some time to learn. Turning radiuses are "pitiful".
Ground Zeroes comes with "a handful of extra missions".
The game features leaderboards.
Playtester completed the story mission in less than two hours.
Konami speedrunners have completed the game in five minutes.
MGS V looks "slightly" better on PS4 than Xbox One.
Unlocking side missions requires the player to collect XOF patches. Collecting them unlock the special, platform-specific missions.
Konami and Kojima Productions in November released a 12-minute gameplay video of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes running on PS4.

Back