Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even more than that tho is the fact that the First Metal Gear Solid blew peoples minds because of the cinematic quality of it and that had everything to do with the voice acting. Now Kojima wants to do motion capture so he hired a B level movie star and throws Hayter in the trash like a used tissue.

Even more than that tho is the fact that the First Metal Gear Solid blew peoples minds because of the cinematic quality of it and that had everything to do with the voice acting. Now Kojima wants to do motion capture so he hired a B level movie star and throws Hayter in the trash like a used tissue.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Even though I like Kiefer, I couldn't have said it better, myself. Kojima really has a strange obsession with Kiefer's face.

Several months later, and this is still my reaction to Kief Boss

No.gif

Your hair looks great though.

Ishmael is most likely not real. A lot of actions and statements he makes within that scene screams he’s just a figment of BB’s imagination, and of course he’s also voiced by Kiefer. I don’t think it would make any sense at all him being Solid. The woman being spoken about in the gameplay video I believe is a nurse. I think Kojima confirmed it a while back, not sure.

This hasn't been shared before has it?

I think I don't really care which console I buy this for, it certainly looks good on all of them.

PS4's does look a little better compared to the One's, but not as much as everyone made it out to be.

https://kotaku.com/metal-gear-solid..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Yea it was shared yesterday, GZ on XBone is only 720p. This game is shaping up to be an exclusive pretty much. It won’t sell well on Xbone.

I’m actually pulling for Xbox to rise from the ashes, but it is good to see the playstation brand on top again.

they were never not on top. you mustve been on fantasy island fora bit. how was the vaca?

I think they had the most success last gen. Most multi plat games sold better on it, xbox live was extremely profitable, higher selling exclusives and it was the leading console in Europe and the U.S.

Whooo 1000 pages. God I am so bushed...

pturtle has a point, kinda, though.

This hasn't been shared before has it?

I think I don't really care which console I buy this for, it certainly looks good on all of them.

PS4's does look a little better compared to the One's, but not as much as everyone made it out to be.

https://kotaku.com/metal-gear-solid..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Yeah but until Kojima releases the high bitrate video capture samples (in which he promised) or Eurogamer having the shot at doing the tech analysis,I still don't think those screenshots would do any version justice. While the assets are similar between consoles, it's how the consoles render them that makes all the difference.

I'm glad so far the last gen versions looks a lot like the current gen, but with 60fps and better AA, I'm sure the current gen will blow the last gen version out of the water.

This is why I'd pay top dollar for The Last of Us for PS4, which rumor has it that Naughty Dog might be considering. The spare processing power would make that excellent game even better!

Yeah but until Kojima releases the high bitrate video capture samples (in which he promised) or Eurogamer having the shot at doing the tech analysis,I still don't think those screenshots would do any version justice. While the assets are similar between consoles, it's how the consoles render them that makes all the difference.

I'm glad so far the last gen versions looks a lot like the current gen, but with 60fps and better AA, I'm sure the current gen will blow the last gen version out of the water.

This is why I'd pay top dollar for The Last of Us for PS4, which rumor has it that Naughty Dog might be considering. The spare processing power would make that excellent game even better!

A lot of the journalist who completed the game at boot camp said the PS4 version was a lot better.

A lot of the journalist who completed the game at boot camp said the PS4 version was a lot better.

Kinda goes without saying. Same way most multi plat games look better on PC than PS3.

EDIT: Just noticed the 60fps video is out, way to go Konami! :clap

If you guys are not sure how to view it, just use a PS3. Never use VLC or a standard media player. Downloading it right now. I wonder if my PC would explode playing it. :lol

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...-zeroes-is-nonsense-says-kojima/1100-6417817/

It would be silly to directly compare Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots because the games are vastly different, Hideo Kojima has said. Posting on Twitter last night, Kojima said it it "nonsense" to compare his latest effort to 2008's PlayStation 3 game because because Ground Zeroes is an open-world game, while MGS4 was not.

Ground Zeroes is also expected to be substantially shorter than MGS4 because it is a prequel to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and not fully its own game.

Kojima also responded to criticism about Ground Zeroes after publisher Konami released a handful of images comparing the current- and next-generation versions of the game yesterday. He said the Xbox One and PS4 versions will indeed be visually superior, but stressed that the developer's visual style should remain consistent across console generations.

"I published comparison images of consoles since I get so many questions. Once I said the contents & controls can be equally amused by player as we carefully adjusted, people say 'then next-gen is meaningless.' Well, I want people to play nextgen if they were able to buy, and for those who couldn't, play current-gen version as it is indeed [multiplatform]."

"Next-gen looks better because of its hi-spec, but what I want you to feel is the point the photo-realistic image we pursue in Fox Engine. Fox Engine made it even the current-gen look as good as next-gen," he added.

Finally, Kojima said the already announced Ground Zeroes comparison video showing off the visual differences between console generations might be published sometime today. We'll include that video here or in a new story if it does indeed arrive later today.

Ground Zeroes launches on March 18 for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4. Sony will release a special Ground Zeroes limited-run PS4 console in Japan.

Just watched the 60fps video comparison and wow, the current gen (PS4) version looks amazing! I think to the untrained eye, both versions will look similar and for what it's worth, it's probably not worth it to run out to buy a PS4 just for this. The higher framerate does indeed makes the game feel incredible.

To put it in layman's terms, it's like comparing MGS3 on the PS2 with MGS3 on PS3. Same game, but 60fps, 2x MSAA and a 4x resolution boost with a more capable hardware just adds a lot.

Still getting the PS3 version though. :monkey3

Just watched the 60fps video comparison and wow, the current gen (PS4) version looks amazing! I think to the untrained eye, both versions will look similar and for what it's worth, it's probably not worth it to run out to buy a PS4 just for this. The higher framerate does indeed makes the game feel incredible.

To put it in layman's terms, it's like comparing MGS3 on the PS2 with MGS3 on PS3. Same game, but 60fps, 2x MSAA and a 4x resolution boost with a more capable hardware just adds a lot.

Still getting the PS3 version though. :monkey3

Are you buying hard copy or digital?

Are you buying hard copy or digital?

I'm a physical copy kinda guy, I never buy digital unless there isn't an alternative so hard copy for me if the reviews are favorable or when there's a price drop. I think anybody with a PS4 should definitely get that version (physical or digital) so long as they feel the price is justified.

For the life of me, I don't have a buddy nearby who has a PS4, that way I can just go over and play theirs. Problem solved. :lol

Back