Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just downloaded the video and saw it...

I think I might be alone in my thinking, but I'm not sure I want 60fps on these kind of games.

I love 60fps on competitive multiplayer, either shooters or sports, but on a game that's supposed to be cinematic and story driven, 60fps takes away a big chunk of the atmosphere, which is exactly the reason why 48fps on movies doesn't work.

Dude i was thinking the same thing! i didn't realize that until i downloaded the trailer. Peace Walker had that same issue to, 60fps indeed looks weird

The fact Jai got the role kills me. I’m still routing for the movie to be good but man I’m not a fan of that guy.

I freaking hate this guy. Who decided he should be in movies?? All of his movies are bad and hes bad in them :(

Read it on a few articles (Not always true, but i've read it from a lot of different places).

Getting rid of Hayter aside, on the voice recast, rather than Kiefer Sutherland they should have attempted to get Kurt Russell, I mean he isn't exactly doing much lately (to my knowledge), Hayter obviously based his voice on Plissken and Russell is a lot older now so it would have made perfect sense.

Maybe they did try and he didn't want to

In-fact they did, talks broke down unfortunately. I would have been alot more accepting if it was Kurt. Maybe for Solid, since Hayter aint coming back.

I'd have preferred Kurt 1000 times over than Kiefer

It actually makes sense they tried to get him, would have been perfect. Considering they're based on Plissken anyway

Wonder why he didn't want to do it? i hope he didn't shun it

Last edited:
Kurt would of been a much better choice, and his age would have no baring on how Big Boss would sound. Snake is based off Plissken, but Big Boss is almost a direct copy. It would only be natural.

I love kiefer, as I am a very big fan of 24. But make no mistake, I think his casting as big boss is a complete screw up. I just don't see it.

I really hope he proves us all wrong though, but seems unlikely at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In-fact they did, talks broke down unfortunately. I would have been alot more accepting if it was Kurt. Maybe for Solid, since Hayter aint coming back.

Wait... Kojima wanted Russell? This is the first time I'm hearing it.

I knew that Russell was the first choice for Mr. Church in The Expendables. But, he declined it, and the role was offered to Willis, instead.

I knew that Russell was the first choice for Mr. Church in The Expendables. But, he declined it, and the role was offered to Willis, instead.

I was shocked too. Had a quick search and found an article where Kojima was saying they had him in mind for quite some time and they'd asked him but things didn't play out.

Wow; I would have been ecstatic. Excited. Bouncing off the walls. And I don't think fans would have gave a damn; they would have supported this move. Hayer would have blessed Kojima.

Wow; I would have been ecstatic. Excited. Bouncing off the walls. And I don't think fans would have gave a damn; they would have supported this move. Hayer would have blessed Kojima.

I think it's the only other actor I'd be comfortable with playing the role. He was Snake before it was cool :lecture

Hey guys I've been looking at this game for a couple of months now and I've been blown away by how good it looks. This and the Witcher are early GOTY contenders for me. But one thing that's really bugging me is the fact that I've never played any of the other MGS games. Will i be lost without playing them? This game looks too good for me to be confused the whole way through. Thanks guys.

Hey guys I've been looking at this game for a couple of months now and I've been blown away by how good it looks. This and the Witcher are early GOTY contenders for me. But one thing that's really bugging me is the fact that I've never played any of the other MGS games. Will i be lost without playing them? This game looks too good for me to be confused the whole way through. Thanks guys.

Definitely play them. You will be pretty lost, and those games you missed are great.

You don't really need to play them all, but it's highly recommended, the whole franchise connects, there are many retcons and additions as the story progresses.

But I guess if you really can't play all the games, to get up to speed with this game you need to play at least MGS3 and Peace Walker, you won't get an accurate nor complete idea of the tone, characters and plot of the franchise, but I think you won't be completely lost.

But if you can, I recommend you play them in order of release, not chronologically.

I would recommend starting with MGS1. PW will probably have you quite confused, and even to the hardcore MGS fan, it's not considered as good as the rest of the games in the series.

Don't let MGS1's graphics scare you away, the gameplay and structure still hold up.

These guys are correct. It is best to start in release order. Other than the story, it is nice to see how the controls have progressed with each version. I am going back through the series now. I'm in MGS2, and man it takes some getting used to not being able to do things we take for granted in modern gaming. But the series is great, if somewhat weird at times.

MGS1 is three games into the series, but technically is the best jump off point in getting into it.

Good Point. Best option is to just buy the Metal Gear Legacy Collection. You get a download code for MGS1, all the HD releases of MGS2, MGS3, PW, & MGS4. Plus didn't they add the original MG games on the disc as well?

Good Point. Best option is to just buy the Metal Gear Legacy Collection. You get a download code for MGS1, all the HD releases of MGS2, MGS3, PW, & MGS4. Plus didn't they add the original MG games on the disc as well?

It's been so long, I don't even remember if they stuck MG1 & MG2 in MGS3 HD. Still can't believe they didn't include MPO. Erasing that game and having the Big Boss story jump from MGS3 to PW makes the story even more incoherent.

Get the Legacy Collection and play in these order:
1. Metal Gear (it's on the MGS3 Menu)
2. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (Again, on the MGS3 menu)
3. MGS1 (Given as a code)
4. MGS2
5. MGS3
6. MGS4

It's been so long, I don't even remember if they stuck MG1 & MG2 in MGS3 HD. Still can't believe they didn't include MPO. Erasing that game and having the Big Boss story jump from MGS3 to PW makes the story even more incoherent.

I REALLY love MPO. It was the last MGS story I played that really had the aura of mystery that all the past games had. You really felt like there were bigger thing going around.

Back