Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a physical copy kinda guy, I never buy digital unless there isn't an alternative so hard copy for me if the reviews are favorable or when there's a price drop. I think anybody with a PS4 should definitely get that version (physical or digital) so long as they feel the price is justified.

For the life of me, I don't have a buddy nearby who has a PS4, that way I can just go over and play theirs. Problem solved. :lol

Same here, I already have the disc version on preorder for ps4. I have a ton of Amazon store credit that paid this off. Might pick up Infamous as well depending on the reviews.

Just watched the 60fps video comparison and wow, the current gen (PS4) version looks amazing! I think to the untrained eye, both versions will look similar and for what it's worth, it's probably not worth it to run out to buy a PS4 just for this. The higher framerate does indeed makes the game feel incredible.

To put it in layman's terms, it's like comparing MGS3 on the PS2 with MGS3 on PS3. Same game, but 60fps, 2x MSAA and a 4x resolution boost with a more capable hardware just adds a lot.

Still getting the PS3 version though. :monkey3

I'll get the PS3 version when it hits the bargain bin :monkey3.

But, it's good to know that KojiPro didn't cheapen out with the last gen. It'll probably be a while until I get a PS4.

This hasn't been shared before has it?

I think I don't really care which console I buy this for, it certainly looks good on all of them.

PS4's does look a little better compared to the One's, but not as much as everyone made it out to be.

https://kotaku.com/metal-gear-solid..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Beautiful!

Oh.. Xbone

high_expectations_by_withskechers-d2xu3nd.jpg

You hear that Xbone? is the sound of your genetically superior brother PS4 kicking your worthless, pancy, recessive gene a** in the near future

Its gonna be a while before I get the PS4, maybe I'll get it around april or may, I'll play this game on my 360

The hospital gameplay they have the same voice.

I knew that but I never really paid attention to it... I wonder if that guy even exists, maybe not

Last edited:
I knew that but I never really paid attention to it... I wonder if that guy even exists, maybe not

I’m almost sure, but I could be wrong. Maybe Psycho Mantis could be apart of it as well, creating that projection to lead Big Boss somewhere, but I definitely don’t think Ishmael is real.

Something is definitely up with Ishmael, maybe a completely new clone? Who knows, doubt it mind. In his head sounds likely.

Change of subject for a second, Karl Urban for Snake anyone? :dunno

Last edited:
Christian Bale likes the series so he has knowledge of what he should act like, he's also a highly dedicated and talented actor but I don't know, don't think he particularly looks the part.

Guy Pearce would probably have been my choice but he looks a little different now.

Holy crap, Edge does 100% look the part. Too bad you can't put Christian Bale inside of Edge for the role :lol

Michael Beihn in the 80's (for obvious reasons). Speaking od Michael Beihn, can't believe they've cast that god awful son of McClane as Kyle Reese.

Christian Bale likes the series so he has knowledge of what he should act like, he's also a highly dedicated and talented actor but I don't know, don't think he particularly looks the part.

Guy Pearce would probably have been my choice but he looks a little different now.

For Snake I don’t care about facial features much. Give him the hair cut and the put the raspy voice on and I’m fine with that. Bales looks nothing like Bruce Wayne and he’s my favorite Wayne/Batman yet. As long as he can act the part, I’m okay with it.

Bale likes the series? Where did you guys get this from?

Of course he would have to fix his take on raspy voices

Read it on a few articles (Not always true, but i've read it from a lot of different places).

Getting rid of Hayter aside, on the voice recast, rather than Kiefer Sutherland they should have attempted to get Kurt Russell, I mean he isn't exactly doing much lately (to my knowledge), Hayter obviously based his voice on Plissken and Russell is a lot older now so it would have made perfect sense.

Maybe they did try and he didn't want to

Last edited:
Just downloaded the video and saw it...

I think I might be alone in my thinking, but I'm not sure I want 60fps on these kind of games.

I love 60fps on competitive multiplayer, either shooters or sports, but on a game that's supposed to be cinematic and story driven, 60fps takes away a big chunk of the atmosphere, which is exactly the reason why 48fps on movies doesn't work.

Holy crap, Edge does 100% look the part. Too bad you can't put Christian Bale inside of Edge for the role :lol

Michael Beihn in the 80's (for obvious reasons). Speaking od Michael Beihn, can't believe they've cast that god awful son of McClane as Kyle Reese.

The fact Jai got the role kills me. I’m still routing for the movie to be good but man I’m not a fan of that guy.

Just downloaded the video and saw it...

I think I might be alone in my thinking, but I'm not sure I want 60fps on these kind of games.

I love 60fps on competitive multiplayer, either shooters or sports, but on a game that's supposed to be cinematic and story driven, 60fps takes away a big chunk of the atmosphere, which is exactly the reason why 48fps on movies doesn't work.

I agree with this, it makes things looks so inorganic. I think a steady 30 frames would be great and it gives them more room to work with on other aspects of the game.

60 fps should be used only on first person shooters in my opinion.

I agree with this, it makes things looks so inorganic. I think a steady 30 frames would be great and it gives them more room to work with on other aspects of the game.

60 fps should be used only on first person shooters in my opinion.

Tbh, I'd rather have seen the filter Kojima was talking about, than the game running of 60 fps.

Yeah, only on 1st person shooters but just the frantic fast ones.

Back