Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I hope they drop the flame-throwing hairspray in the remake :lol

But yeah, MG1 & 2 would be very much be much like MGS3. It would be interesting using the Survival Viewer and Camo as Snake. I would image Snake would be using CQC back then too.

:exactly:

that would be awesome, I love that old survival system

Last edited:
Sick of reading articles where they call Big Boss Solid Snake, jeez. :slap

That because Kojima decided to make Big Boss and Solid pretty much the same person. He tried making a different character but still giving the Solid fanboys who were crying about Raiden their fix, and it worked short term.

I wouldn't have said Big Boss was similar in personality or looks as of now, it's the name that's confusing people I think. Calling him Snake still just annoys me and seems to be confusing all of the article writers who pretend to know what they're talking about.

:lol no mercy with those bastards.

Yeah, I need to see more of those :exactly:

I wouldn't have said Big Boss was similar in personality or looks as of now, it's the name that's confusing people I think. Calling him Snake still just annoys me and seems to be confusing all of the article writers who pretend to know what they're talking about.

It's damned embarrassing when people in the media can't get the names of the characters right :lol. If they played any of the games, they'd know. Heck, even researching the source material on Wikipedia would suffice.

:goodpost:

Its really not there fault. I really dont see why Kojima insists he be called Snake, especially seeing as he lets that name go at the end of PeaceWalker.
Boss is a cool name to go by too IMO

Last edited:
For a second, I thought you posted a "Heee-Young-YAHHH" video (can't stand his voice).

I think that's just a nurse...

Yeah I sort of hate that guy

Buuuut going further down this rabbit hole of unanswerable question. AT the beginning of the game play video Big Boss asks Ishmael "Where did that woman go?" and Ishmael responses "We gave her a light and she took the short way down" (whatever the **** that means) could he of thought she looked familiar and that its possibly Eva?

Yeah I sort of hate that guy

Buuuut going further down this rabbit hole of unanswerable question. AT the beginning of the game play video Big Boss asks Ishmael "Where did that woman go?" and Ishmael responses "We gave her a light and she took the short way down" (whatever the **** that means) could he of thought she looked familiar and that its possibly Eva?

Wow, interesting. I'll have to rewatch that video. He could also be having deluded visions of The Boss in his tripped-out state...

Last edited:
I am just trying to get excited about the game at this point. Keifer said in an interview with IGN that there was a big secret so I have been trying to figure out a way that it could be tied to David Hayter but I am grasping at straws.

It sucks to not be excited for this game in a way but I just wont support a Metal Gear without David Hayter especially the way they ditched him.

I know once I play it his voice will take me out of the game there probably isn't a way to switch it over to the Japanese VoiceOver.

Several months later, and this is still my reaction to Kief Boss

No.gif

There are a lot of valid complaints with the game so far but I just cant support it without Hayter. Say what you will but thats my limit.

There's no question, Hayter gave Snake and Big Boss their life and soul. Take him away and Big Boss is just a caricature of his former self, that's being mimicked by Jack Bauer. Just like a cosplayer, to an extent.

For the most part, Kiefer can only sound like Kiefer. At least Hayter is capable of changing the tone of his voice.

Back