Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually no calling you Ptortoise is not an insult in the slightest. I changed turtle to tortoise, nothing insulting about that. It was a play on words from your name that's all, and lighthearted at that

And I was actually saying the conversation would be boring because you'd be talking to yourself because furyan come in once a year to agree with you so it's be 80 pages of you not multi-quoting, double posting to yourself with the occasional agreeance from somebody who doesn't partake I the disscussions, like ever

If you would have read it properly, but again your feeling butt hurt. Need a baby wipe?

Actually no calling you Ptortoise is not an insult in the slightest. I changed turtle to tortoise, nothing insulting about that. It was a play on words from your name that's all, and lighthearted at that

And I was actually saying the conversation would be boring because you'd be talking to yourself because furyan come in once a year to agree with you so it's be 80 pages of you not multi-quoting, double posting to yourself with the occasional agreeance from somebody who doesn't partake I the disscussions, like ever

If you would have read it properly, but again your feeling butt hurt. Need a baby wipe?

Butt hurt? How old are you?
It’s funny because I have been multi quoting since some of the members asked me to start doing it, I guess I’ll go back to not doing that since it bothers you guys. Furyan said the truth, most of the crybabies here will get the game on release or around it, I’m sure you will be one of them.

People crying about being ripped off on a 20-30 dollars game, are the same people buying those horrible PAK MG figures which go up in price with almost every new figure release. Teach Konami/Kojima a lesson by not buying their 30 dollar game, but go ahead and spend hundreds in memorabilia :slap

Delusional, radical, hypocritical fanboys, make up most of this thread. Thank god I’m here to keep the discussions about the game actually going.

25 years old and getting older

No way am I getting this on launch, I've said multiple times. Not sure why anyone would make such a fuss about the points been brought up and then buy it on launch anyway

I've said how I feel about the game from the start, the choices they've made with some of the gameplay and the whole GZ debacle. I've never once said I won't give the game a chance, once I get it when the price drops enough to warrant or I'll get it when TPP is released. I'll have a solid opinion on it whether I like it by then or not. It's absolutely no bother to me whatsoever

If that's fanboy-ism then that's me down to a tee

Oh and the Merchendise has NO baring on the game whatsoever, so that's moot point

25 years old and getting older

No way am I getting this on launch, I've said multiple times. Not sure why anyone would make sure a fuss about the points been brought up and then buy it on launch anyway.

I've said how I feel about the game from the start, the choices they've made with some of the gameplay and the whole GZ debacle. I've never once said I won't give the game a chance, once I get it when the price drops enough to warrant or I'll get it when TPP is released. I'll have a solid opinion on it whether I like it by then or not. It's absolutely no bother to me whatsoever

If that's fanboy-ism then that's me down to a tee

I’m interested to what qualms you have with the gameplay? Even most of the Hayters on here don’t really complain about the gameplay.

The route they have chosen to take with some of the gameplay options, indeed these can be turned off if you want to. Which is a nice touch but it still doesn't mean the game wasn't designed to be played that way, with the option to turn them off only added I think so fans didn't kick up more of a fuss about the blatent picking of gameplay styles from other franchises, instead of coming up with something new himself.

He innovated this style of gameplay. Now he isn't. Other producers have had time to catch up with him and it shows in the gameplay and story. The best part of MGSV is the engine, by far.

Not saying the gameplay won't flow, but it won't be metal gear. It'll be a mix of metal gear, splinter cell, assassins creed etc.

Before it was just Metal Gear

Change is bound to happen, it's inevitable. I just think they lost abit of themselves with the new direction. I think that's a completely fair way to look at things.

The route they have chosen to take with some of the gameplay options, indeed these can be turned off if you want to. Which is a nice touch but it still doesn't mean the game wasn't designed to be played that way, with the option to turn them off only added I think so fans didn't kick up more of a fuss about the blatent picking of gameplay styles from other franchises, instead of coming up with something new himself.

He innovated this style of gameplay. Now he isn't. Other producers have had time to catch up with him and it shows in the gameplay and story. The best part of MGSV is the engine, by far.

Not saying the gameplay won't flow, but it won't be metal gear. It'll be a mix of metal gear, splinter cell, assassins creed etc.

Before it was just Metal Gear

Change is bound to happen, it's inevitable. I just think they lost abit of themselves with the new direction. I think that's a completely fair way to look at things.

Personally I think the series was always lacking in the gameplay department. I get where you coming from if you prefer the older style of gameplay, but all the little details in this game seem far superior than any stealth game I know of. The terrain seems to play a huge part, along with weather and time. I really don’t know what else I would have wanted them to add, or take out.

It’s funny because I have been multi quoting since some of the members asked me to start doing it, I guess I’ll go back to not doing that since it bothers you guys. Furyan said the truth, most of the crybabies here will get the game on release or around it, I’m sure you will be one of them.

People crying about being ripped off on a 20-30 dollars game, are the same people buying those horrible PAK MG figures which go up in price with almost every new figure release. Teach Konami/Kojima a lesson by not buying their 30 dollar game, but go ahead and spend hundreds in memorabilia :slap

Delusional, radical, hypocritical fanboys, make up most of this thread. Thank god I’m here to keep the discussions about the game actually going.

Delusions of grandeur.

I’m interested to what qualms you have with the gameplay? Even most of the Hayters on here don’t really complain about the gameplay.

Don't push the burden of proof on everyone who isn't 100% behind this game. Everyone has a right to state their opinions in this thread - which they have been doing for quite some time.

It’s everything you said after you stated your opinion. I’ll assume you’re just playing dumb.

Calling me Ptortoise isn’t an insult? Talking about a game with another member here might be boring to you, but why even say something like that, whats the point? This is a MGSV thread, its funny talking about the actual game is so horrible here.

All of you radical fanboys love to post here when theres only bad news, but when theres good news, you're no where to be found. It obvious Kiefer replacing your hero bothers most of you, but try not hindering the excitement for the people who are actually looking forward to this game still.

Dude, I'm just going to say is this and be done with it. I realize that you're still relatively new on this board, but you need to grow a thicker skin around here. And I'm not saying that as an insult, just friendly advice. Pot-shots will come from time-to-time, people may poke fun at your expense - but, so what?

Besides, I thought you didn't mind being called ptortoise? :lol :dunno

Jeez another one of those touchy *******s I see. Did I say something earlier offended you? Did I intrude on your guys Metal Gear love/HATE circlejerk again? Lol Look I come in here to see new news,new screenshots,new trailers ect,when the game comes out then Ill post more often. Still though I rarely even peep in here but everytime I do I see my man turtle getting ganged up on,why? I didnt personally attack anyone with my post and yes i agreed with him. And??? Wish some of yall would grow the **** up sheesh.

Lol dont even get me started! People are getting raped for those PAK figures what a ripoff IMO and wont spend $20/$30 on the game/demo whatever people want to call it. Amazing...Although I dont care for price or the fact that the game is split up,Im very much welcome not having to wait another year to taste this new MGS goodness. :duff

To me that's due to the fox engine though, and not MGSV

I can't say I prefer it yet but I prefer the look of the old style yes. I think they could have easily built on that to keep the essence, as that is one of the main features of MGS, it's distinctive type of gameplay, amongst other things of course but it's up there at the top

The biggest achievement they have now is the FOX engine, and MGSV is it's promotional debut. They cared less about MGS as a series and cared more about showing the FOX engine off. That's not to say the game hasn't benefitted from it, or that's the only reason. It seems to me like the main reason why

Delusions of grandeur.

Don't push the burden of proof on everyone who isn't 100% behind this game. Everyone has a right to state their opinions in this thread - which they have been doing for quite some time.

Umm okay Mr Mod, thats why I was asking him what problems he had with the gameplay. Now that I know, I understand where Frank is coming from.

Jeez another one of those touchy *******s I see. Did I say something earlier offended you? Did I intrude on your guys Metal Gear love/HATE circlejerk again? Lol Look I come in here to see new news,new screenshots,new trailers ect,when the game comes out then Ill post more often. Still though I rarely even peep in here but everytime I do I see my man turtle getting ganged up on,why? I didnt personally attack anyone with my post and yes i agreed with him. And??? Wish some of yall would grow the **** up sheesh.

Lol dont even get me started! People are getting raped for those PAK figures what a ripoff IMO and wont spend $20/$30 on the game/demo whatever people want to call it. Amazing...Although I dont care for price or the fact that the game is split up,Im very much welcome not having to wait another year to taste this new MGS goodness. :duff

Your optimism is a breath of fresh air :hi5:

I can’t wait to see how many of them buy that horrible PAK Big Boss figure for a 100 dollars. Talk about getting raped with no jelly :lol

No not at all, you come in here once every so often with nothing to input except agreeing with somebody while there is an argument/debate going on, and no not this time you didn't come in and attack and name call but you usually do and have done in the past

Maybe if you partook in this, or seemed like you had a real interest then it may come across different. I'm not being touchy at all

At least pturtle partakes and has something to say. Instead of getting a boner for anyone who disagrees with those who's initial impressions of the game aren't good

Are you seriously incapable of posting anything that's not flame-bait in these threads? :lol No one was ganging up on anyone. Not that I think you'd even care...

Again you can't talk about the merch with and barring I'm the game

You fail to forget that people have maybe already invested a lot in the line and are now at a point were it's expensive yes, but people want them to finish/add to their collection

Anybody who has no other PAK MGS and who buys MGSV BB should think twice yes

Are you seriously incapable of posting anything that's not flame-bait in these threads? :lol No one was ganging up on anyone. Not that I think you'd even care...

post-14849-I-don-t-remember-asking-you-a-Fd4I.jpeg

No not at all, you come in here once every so often with nothing to input except agreeing with somebody while there is an argument/debate going on, and no not this time you didn't come in and attack and name call but you usually do and have done in the past

Maybe if you partook in this, or seemed like you had a real interest then it may come across different. I'm not being touchy at all

At least pturtle partake sand has something to say

Well, this isn’t the best thread to partake in if you're excited for this game. I do happen to get along with a few of the members here that actually like to converse about the game and not their hatred for Kojima, otherwise I wouldn’t come in here often.

Nobody was ganging up on me, because they’re probably sleeping. In a couple of hours the “clique” will have something to say.

Again you can't talk about the merch with and barring I'm the game

You fail to forget that people have maybe already invested a lot in the line and are now at a point were it's expensive yes, but people want them to finish/add to their collection

Anybody who has no other PAK MGS and who buys MGSV BB should think twice yes

The same can be said for this game, except the price is much more reasonable.

Back