Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I can tolerate the jump crap, but the tagging thing has no business in it at all. Yes I know it can be turned off, but I don't care.

Well I can tolerate the jump crap, but the tagging thing has no business in it at all. Yes I know it can be turned off, but I don't care.

Batman's Detective Vision. :slap

Wait, that reminds me- Arkham Knight is waay bigger than City, and it's a open world-stealth-action hybrid, plus it was revealed that RS was already working on the game in secrecy for 3 years.

If anything, it might be the MGSV's main rival.

Wait, that reminds me- Arkham Knight is waay bigger than City, and it's a open world-stealth-action hybrid, plus it was revealed that RS was already working on the game in secrecy for 3 years.

I seem to be alone in this, but I think V is going to get crushed by AK.

Like I mentioned before, I'm highly against MGS going in the direction of a Sandbox. MGS games have always focused on simplistic stealth controls, which were redefined perfectly for MGS 4- and the jumps and wall grabbing just don't belong there. It would make sense to have those mechanics in Assassin's Creed games that focus on roof-top running and stylized kill sequences.

I guess we'll see how it all blends together, when reports of this start coming out soon. It probably wouldn't change my mind though, since in the greater aspect of discourse (which will be too much for me to type out right now :lol), I feel as if the series has been robbed of its identity by trying too hard to emulate (or clone) what other developers have been doing. In terms of gaming mechanics alone, there's nothing about MGS V that I've seen from the trailers, that I haven't seen in many other games already.

I seem to be alone in this, but I think V is going to get crushed by AK.

Actually, you're not. AK is officially my most anticipated game, simply because it's doing what the fans want AND being creative at the same time. It would be pretty embarrassing if AK does everything MGSV achieves to do and then some.

In any case, I just found my reason to buy a PS4, and it's Batman. :yess:

I've wanted a true sandbox Batman game since I first played GTA III. It's a dream come true to get a game where you get full reign of the Batmobile.

Rocksteady has always produced gold with their Arkham series. The problem with MGS games in recent memory, is that the games take too long in development. I mean, wasn't Kojima designing the FOX engine since 2010 when he first mentioned "Project Ogre"? :lol By the time TPP gets released next year, there will be a bunch of other games from other developers to overshadow whatever crowing technical achievement Kojima has prepared.

I don't know Arkham Knight will be better than The Phantom Pain but I'll play both games anyway, it seems AK will be the Batman game I wanted since the Arkham Asylum

Arkham City was my favorite game last gen, and even going up against MGS4, it certainly felt like the better, more fulfilling game. I'm not trashing MGS, I'm just saying that I found myself surprised at how much a Batman game could hold it's own against a titan like MGS.

Arkham City was my favorite game last gen, and even going up against MGS4, it certainly felt like the better, more fulfilling game. I'm not trashing MGS, I'm just saying that I found myself surprised at how much a Batman game could hold it's own against a titan like MGS.

The only thing I trully hated about that game is how Batman gets all sad when his biggest enemy dies... :cuckoo: but anyway, thats the story. The gameplay was perfect I have the GOTY edition and I played every single DLC, its a true gem

btw I think Mass Effect and maybe Halo are the series that I trully loved from last gen, Catherine is still the best stand alone game I played after Haunting Ground, also... the world needs more games like TLOU

The best games I played on the last gen were Arkham City, The Last of Us, MG Rising, AC Brotherhood, and Uncharted 2 :lol.

Rising was the biggest surprise for me. I didn't believe that Platinum could pull off such a good game, in such a short amount of time. I ate my words where that was concerned.

The only thing I trully hated about that game is how Batman get all sad when his biggest enemy dies... :cuckoo: but anyway, thats the story, I have the GOTY edition and I played every single DLC, its a true gem

Because Batman truly believed that he could be saved, that is, be cured from his insanity and redeem himself as a human being. If I'm not mistaken, the Killing Joke is canon in this continuity and from that you can see why Batman was so upset.

The killing Joke is top class

Because Batman truly believed that he could be saved, that is, be cured from his insanity and redeem himself as a human being. If I'm not mistaken, the Killing Joke is canon in this continuity and from that you can see why Batman was so upset.

Back