Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly Tomb Raider was just way too dull for me and Lara didn't intrigue me that much, along with a few other things. The reboot looks a bit better but still I have my doubts, plus I like the open world and 'survivor' theme, but the stories...ehhh, I'm not sure what to think. Also Uncharted does seem like it borrowed from Tomb Raider, and honestly Uncharted is pretty solid all around. /naughty dog nostalgic

I think we'll be here a long time on Resident Evil, it's been long dead. How did RE5 get good reviews and more importantly, how the hell did reviewers try to get away with the claim of "Having to watch a friend is very tense and scary" to justify everything, and tension making up for everything else too? I think this really puts it out there that reviewers get paid to say things. Everything else there more or less is dead yeah. Silent Hill I wanted to try, but I never truly got around to it. Homecoming looked like a mess though. Saints Row I'm not sure about either but it didn't seem like much...kinda.

Duke Nukem is totally dead. No denying it. Wow, were people at my high school upset about it, wow. We were in the last stretch of our senior year, and we were looking forward to it after all the other ******** we got (like you guys wouldn't believe) and this was pretty saddening. Honestly I don't think the game could have translated well since it didn't seem to make any adaptations; crude humor could only get you so far really, especially when the original players grew up.

And Splinter Cell I think is fairly debatable. Conviction is pretty bad, I won't lie. The game was basically go the panther route, which didn't work. And God, I hate the PC port with all of my fiber and even still, the idea to make it PC and Xbox only is still annoying. The story actually worked a bit honestly, and I'm glad Ironside gave a great final performance. Blacklist honestly doesn't seem bad, but Conviction is bad, we can all agree there. Hell, why would they go with the idea that people actually killed Lambert? A friend of mine is still in denial that Lambert is gone and instead out there.

Honestly Tomb Raider was just way too dull for me and Lara didn't intrigue me that much

That's exactly what I thought about the series so I never bothered finishing them. The stigma against Lara's cup size didn't help either. It's not until the reboot that I felt something was off and I needed to play the Trilogy games to find out what it is.

It's called a reboot for a reason. It's not a remake. Remake can be considered what they did with twin snakes, re4 hd/4k/whatever edition.
You loved the puzzles. Great! They happen to be gone, so that's that. If they make it back for the next game (there's another one coming btw. Franchise is not dead) great! I really liked them a lot back in the day too.

There's gorgeous visuals and scenery in this game, and I happened to love the music as well. We must have played a different edition of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called a reboot for a reason. It's not a remake. Remake can be considered what they did with twin snakes, re4 hd/4k/whatever edition.
You loved the puzzles. Great! They happen to be gone, so that's that. If they make it back for the next game (there's another one coming btw. Franchise is not dead) great! I really liked them a lot back in the day too.

There's gorgeous visuals and scenery in this game, and I happened to love the music as well. We must have played a different edition of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My issues with the game were the dialogue and horrible side characters. Lara I thought was done very well, nothing like the confident, strong Lara from the originals, but thats exactly what SE were going for. I think the sequel will be much better.

Last edited:
I feel I can't really comment on the last Tomb Raider game. I own it, but I have never finished it. I would play it pretty hardcore for a couple of days, and then go to something else. The gameplay was nice. The narrative that I have sen is ok. Although Lara goes from weeping about killing a guy, to the Terminator very quickly. That's my only real complaint so far.

I feel I can't really comment on the last Tomb Raider game. I own it, but I have never finished it. I would play it pretty hardcore for a couple of days, and then go to something else. The gameplay was nice. The narrative that I have sen is ok. Although Lara goes from weeping about killing a guy, to the Terminator very quickly. That's my only real complaint so far.

It's great gameplay wise, but...

Tomb Raider2 & Legends were my favourite Lare Croft adventures. And Guardian of light was a lot of fun too.

Blacklist is NOT better than the original four. The first four games are Splinter Cell, a realistic(ish) stealth based game with limited casualties and mission based objectives. New Splinter Cell is a shooter with the option of stealth, combat challenges, money rewards, over the top tech, etc.

It's not just the lack of Ironside that ruined Sam, it's his ageing backwards. In Splinter Cell he was about 45 for christs sake and now he's almost in his 60's yet he's voiced and acted by a 20-something year old. People may be annoyed at Sutherland voicing Boss but thank god he ages the right way.

Sam is ruined, the character in blacklist isnt bad nor is the game but he is not Sam Fisher and the game isn't a Splinter Cell. Yes, I enjoyed Blacklist but as a different game all together, not Splinter Cell.

By referring to the franchise as dead I meant the franchise as we knew it, not based on sales, reviews etc.

Tomb Raider was a good game, like SC it wasn't exactly Tomb Raider though.

Blacklist is NOT better than the original four. The first four games are Splinter Cell, a realistic(ish) stealth based game with limited casualties and mission based objectives. New Splinter Cell is a shooter with the option of stealth, combat challenges, money rewards, over the top tech, etc.

It's not just the lack of Ironside that ruined Sam, it's his ageing backwards. In Splinter Cell he was about 45 for christs sake and now he's almost in his 60's yet he's voiced and acted by a 20-something year old. People may be annoyed at Sutherland voicing Boss but thank god he ages the right way.

Sam is ruined, the character in blacklist isnt bad nor is the game but he is not Sam Fisher and the game isn't a Splinter Cell. Yes, I enjoyed Blacklist but as a different game all together, not Splinter Cell.

By referring to the franchise as dead I meant the franchise as we knew it, not based on sales, reviews etc.

I understand that, but there are members on here who actually will call a game crap before they even play it, just because a voice actor gets replaced. Nothing in this day and age is given a fair chance, and everything that came first is automatically “better”. Thats what I was getting at.

I understand that, but there are members on here who actually will call a game crap before they even play it, just because a voice actor gets replaced. Nothing in this day and age is given a fair chance, and everything that came first is automatically “better”. Thats what I was getting at.

:exactly:

Honestly Tomb Raider was just way too dull for me and Lara didn't intrigue me that much, along with a few other things. The reboot looks a bit better but still I have my doubts, plus I like the open world and 'survivor' theme, but the stories...ehhh, I'm not sure what to think. Also Uncharted does seem like it borrowed from Tomb Raider, and honestly Uncharted is pretty solid all around. /naughty dog nostalgic

I think we'll be here a long time on Resident Evil, it's been long dead. How did RE5 get good reviews and more importantly, how the hell did reviewers try to get away with the claim of "Having to watch a friend is very tense and scary" to justify everything, and tension making up for everything else too? I think this really puts it out there that reviewers get paid to say things. Everything else there more or less is dead yeah. Silent Hill I wanted to try, but I never truly got around to it. Homecoming looked like a mess though. Saints Row I'm not sure about either but it didn't seem like much...kinda.

Duke Nukem is totally dead. No denying it. Wow, were people at my high school upset about it, wow. We were in the last stretch of our senior year, and we were looking forward to it after all the other ******** we got (like you guys wouldn't believe) and this was pretty saddening. Honestly I don't think the game could have translated well since it didn't seem to make any adaptations; crude humor could only get you so far really, especially when the original players grew up.

And Splinter Cell I think is fairly debatable. Conviction is pretty bad, I won't lie. The game was basically go the panther route, which didn't work. And God, I hate the PC port with all of my fiber and even still, the idea to make it PC and Xbox only is still annoying. The story actually worked a bit honestly, and I'm glad Ironside gave a great final performance. Blacklist honestly doesn't seem bad, but Conviction is bad, we can all agree there. Hell, why would they go with the idea that people actually killed Lambert? A friend of mine is still in denial that Lambert is gone and instead out there.

I downloaded the reboot on PSn and it's pretty damn great.

Double agent was shyyt.

Come on pturtle at least try, Plissken like a lot of people (including myself) loves Keaton's Batman due to being better than Adam West. :lol

Back