Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/m...eroes-playstation-4-vs-xbox-one/1100-6418157/

While the above video clearly distinguishes the resolution and frame-rate differences between current and next-gen platforms, there's very little time spent comparing the PlayStation 4 version against the Xbox One version. We already know the PlayStation 4 version of Ground Zeroes is technically better than the Xbox One, but Kojima cited the difference as "slight" in a tweet from a few weeks ago.

Let me be clear: the PlayStation 4 version is noticeably better, and when you compare it against the Xbox One version in person, there's more than a slight difference. I played both consoles on a ~ 36-inch LCD monitor from three to four feet away, and the impact of going from 1080p to 720p was obvious and pronounced.

Ground Zeroes on PlayStation 4 fulfills every expectation I have for next-gen games: full HD resolution (1080p), 60 FPS, detailed models, and advanced lighting. Eventually, I hopped onto an Xbox One. I was immediately struck by the downgrade in visuals. The frame rate and lighting effects were as impressive as the PlayStation 4 version, but everything looked rough around the edges. "Did they turn off anti-aliasing?", I asked a nearby Konami employee. "No," he said. When I continued to push for some sort of explanation, I got the answer we've heard time and time again since the consoles launched last year: the Xbox One version is only 720p.

I don't want Xbox One owners to feel like they're getting a poor version of Ground Zeroes, because it still looks impressive; it's just not as impressive as the PlayStation 4 version. There aren't many games that look this good, period, so you should still expect to be impressed by Ground Zeroes at 720p. However, if you have a choice, and graphics are of the utmost importance, the PlayStation 4 version is the one to get.

I just want to point out that Bale's Batman is responsible for his own share of deaths. He killed the Ras double and probably lots of ninjas when he burned down their base. A prosecutor could charge him for letting real Ras die in the train like he did. He basically killed Talia in Rises. I love both Keaton and Bale, but it always annoys me when people act like Keaton's version was a serial killer, and Bale's was a saint.

I think the thing is Keaton's killed minor bad guys too hasn't he? Like the big brute in Returns that he pushes down a manhole with dynamite. Personally I'm fine because in comic book movies, everyone basically kills the super villain otherwise they'll still be a problem. Also since most movies focus on one villain or a specific villain

Oh and he killed Two Face by pushing him off the scafolding :lecture

Both Keaton and Bale are epic and totally uncomparable in my opinion

Bale bats killed the truck driver in Tdkr and Taila yet no one complains but if superman snaps a neck the world freaks out.:lol

I just want to point out that Bale's Batman is responsible for his own share of deaths. He killed the Ras double and probably lots of ninjas when he burned down their base. A prosecutor could charge him for letting real Ras die in the train like he did. He basically killed Talia in Rises. I love both Keaton and Bale, but it always annoys me when people act like Keaton's version was a serial killer, and Bale's was a saint.

I don’t actually know if he would be charged if they knew the position he was in. Bale’s Batman was no executioner, Keaton will blow you with a bomb if he had to :lol

Pretty much every time Batman accidentally murdered someone in the trilogy it was to save a life. Keaton Batman just didn’t give a damn.

Both were great, but I’m more of a Nolan guy, even though I group on the Burton movies. In

I don’t actually know if he would be charged if they knew the position he was in. Bale’s Batman was no executioner, Keaton will blow you with a bomb if he had to :lol

Pretty much every time Batman accidentally murdered someone in the trilogy it was to save a life. Keaton Batman just didn’t give a damn.

Both were great, but I’m more of a Nolan guy, even though I group on the Burton movies. In

He would easily be charged for Talia and the driver. Real Ras could be looked at as premeditated, because of his statement, "I'm not going to kill you, but I don't have to save you." He knew they were in a life and death situation. If nothing else, Ras dies due to Bruce's negligence.

Introduce a little neck snapping, and the internet becomes chaos. I'm a fan of chaos.
This fanbase just showed you that it's full of people, ready to ***** about everything!

:hi5:

Yeah I gotta agree on Ra's death. I mean you could argue he may not be able to use his cape and hold Ra's, but he could try.

He would easily be charged for Talia and the driver. Real Ras could be looked at as premeditated, because of his statement, "I'm not going to kill you, but I don't have to save you." He knew they were in a life and death situation. If nothing else, Ras dies due to Bruce's negligence.

Come on though, he didn’t just outright murder Talia, he had to do something fast so the entire city wouldn’t blow up. Thats a lot different, than taking dynamite and attaching it to someone when he can just apprehend him and keep him alive.

Both guys were great as Batman, I expect Bale to get more love when Affleck’s Bat films are out, and Affleck will be more appreciated once Batman is rebooted again. Thats the way things usually work.

Come on though, he didn’t just outright murder Talia, he had to do something fast so the entire city wouldn’t blow up. Thats a lot different, than taking dynamite and attaching it to someone when he can just apprehend him and keep him alive.

Both guys were great as Batman, I expect Bale to get more love when Affleck’s Bat films are out, and Affleck will be more appreciated once Batman is rebooted again. Thats the way things usually work.

I agree on this completely. But I am excited to see what Affleck brings to the role. And if he can hit that Kevin Conroy Batman voice sweet spot, even better.

Back to MGS:GZ I am so excited, and we are getting down to the wire.

I agree on this completely. But I am excited to see what Affleck brings to the role. And if he can hit that Kevin Conroy Batman voice sweet spot, even better.

Back to MGS:GZ I am so excited, and we are getting down to the wire.

I think Affleck will do great. I’m more nervous about Eisenberg and Gal, but I won’t condemn them until I at least see a trailer.

Yup, just a little over a week :yess:

I'm excited for Gal, but nervous about Eisenberg.

I am really interested in what this uber dark ending that everyone keeps talking about in GZ. I know Big Boss ends up in a coma, but I really want to know what else is there. Plus I can't wait to run around and discover different ways to infiltrate Camp Omega.

I am really interested in what this uber dark ending that everyone keeps talking about in GZ. I know Big Boss ends up in a coma, but I really want to know what else is there. Plus I can't wait to run around and discover different ways to infiltrate Camp Omega.

I think a bit of the "dark" ending was already spoiled in the MGS V trailer. But, if you haven't seen it already, I wouldn't tell you what it is.

I think a bit of the "dark" ending was already spoiled in the MGS V trailer. But, if you haven't seen it already, I wouldn't tell you what it is.

Thanks. Other than the unavoidable stuff, I have tried to avoid spoilers. I am going back through the series now. I am in MGS3. So far it may be my favorite of the whole series. The controls, the common sense stealth. I just love it all.

Thats really going to be the best part. I hope what they showed, was just the top of the iceberg for stealth creativity.

Thanks. Other than the unavoidable stuff, I have tried to avoid spoilers. I am going back through the series now. I am in MGS3. So far it may be my favorite of the whole series. The controls, the common sense stealth. I just love it all.

Yeah, I loved the controls for MGS 3 and 4 the most. The multi-directional camera in Subsistence really made it seem as if it I was playing a different game from the original Snake Eater.

By the way, are you playing the HD edition of MGS 3, or Subsistence on the PS2?

Yeah, I loved the controls for MGS 3 and 4 the most. The multi-directional camera in Subsistence really made it seem as if it I was playing a different game from the original Snake Eater.

By the way, are you playing the HD edition of MGS 3, or Subsistence on the PS2?

I'm playing the HD collection on PS3. I found it at my local game store about a month or so ago for $13. And I realized Iloved the series, but had never played 3. So I downloaded MGS1, and have beaten both it and MGS2. Now I'm playing 3 and then Peace Walker.

Back