Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is MGS Portable Ops considered canon or not? (good question :rotfl)
-He said it's a "very difficult question", and "some of the details are a bit off". He said that the main storyline is outside of the MGS timeline in some aspects.

There we go guys, I guess Kojima just retconed Portable Ops out of the timeline to cater for the inconsistencies in Peace Walker :lol :slap.

-No side-ops DLCs planned for Ground Zeroes, to extend its gameplay.

That answer can't be any further than the truth :lol MPO feels very tied in with the continuity of MGS3. PW felt very outside and inconsequential to the series, outside of the building of MSF.

[/B]
I'm not sure he would be the best choice, but he could be no worse than whoever made the last couple of games. I would love for some one, anyone, to bring survival horror back as a genre. RE becoming a shooting gallery has ruined the series.

Are the ZoE games any good? I have never played them. Didn't they get an HD rerelease?

They did, but they are bad. If you have the chance, play them on the PS2 original discs. 1 was all right (dat demo included!) but 2 was GREAT. Great mechanics and overall fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/B]
I'm not sure he would be the best choice, but he could be no worse than whoever made the last couple of games. I would love for some one, anyone, to bring survival horror back as a genre. RE becoming a shooting gallery has ruined the series.

Are the ZoE games any good? I have never played them. Didn't they get an HD rerelease?

Best mech games ever made.

Yup. Slowly, some sort of a 180 just happened.

From "f kojima", "demo" to "probably renting it" "playing it at a buddy" "might get it now".

Doesn't surprise me, it's always amusing.

Oh, and Tomb Raider is dead.

Have you played TR on ps4? It’s easily the best looking game to date.

Interview's over now. Kojima just mentioned the same spiel about Ground Zeroes being there to just "give you a taste" of MGS V. He refers to The Phantom Pain as an "extension" of the experience. "Please pick it up" :lol.

That answer can't be any further than the truth :lol MPO feels very tied in with the continuity of MGS3. PW felt very outside and inconsequential to the series, outside of the building of MSF.

It is annoying. He gives more respect to the games that were directed by him, versus the ones that are handled without his involvement - and Portable Ops turned out great in that regard. He doesn't sound like a man who was ready to leave MGS to a "next generation" of developers :ohbfrank:.

Thanks for the transcript man.

Much appreciated.

No problem :duff

But, I missed a lot, and was busy watching the interview than typing everything out :lol. Hopefully, we'll have a better manuscript of the entire interview.

Have you played TR on ps4? It’s easily the best looking game to date.

I was being sarcastic turtle. I own the ps4 version and it amazes me every time. IMO completely worth it even if you played the original on either the ps3 or the 360.

Quality, single player campaign games with an afterthought of a MP mode are very, very rare nowadays, so they get my $$$ without question.

Hence why I find stupid comparing the likes of COD to TR, when one is clearly targeting the trigger happy, shoot everything that moves brainless crowd. TR is a success.

Did anyone ask why he gave Hayter the boot so unprofessionally?

He'll never answer that.

That was BS IMO, as much as I love 24 (and jack and everything he does) I don't think that was a wise choice.

Hayter is mfing snake. There was absolutely no reason as to what he did.

I was being sarcastic turtle. I own the ps4 version and it amazes me every time. IMO completely worth it even if you played the original on either the ps3 or the 360.

Quality, single player campaign games with an afterthought of a MP mode are very, very rare nowadays, so they get my $$$ without question.

Hence why I find stupid comparing the likes of COD to TR, when one is clearly targeting the trigger happy, shoot everything that moves brainless crowd. TR is a success.

I was genuinely asking you which system you played for, I know you appreciate the reboot by now :lol

PS4 is the first time I got a chance to play it, the atmosphere of that island is incredible, especially on PS4.

He'll never answer that.

That was BS IMO, as much as I love 24 (and jack and everything he does) I don't think that was a wise choice.

Well, he could have went about it a bit nicer, but I am glad they’re making the characters their own now. Also, after PW I just couldn’t take Hayter’s Big Boss voice anymore, he sounded way too old. From what I have seen in GZ, I could never see Hayter doing as good a job.

I’m glad most of the guys on here are picking up the game now, I remember a while back, Kojima said the sales of GZ would determine how early TPP will release. I recommend everyone here gets it sooner than later, so hopefully we can have TPP early next year.

The only thing that would have made me waiver would be the Shinkawa art cover, because I'm a sucker for his art. Otherwise, I'm still waiting for a price drop. But, I hope they release an art-book at least.

Pathetic :lol. Man up, and stop hiding behind your fake accounts already. This act is getting old, between HideoSutherland, KieferKojima, and now this.

What in good gods name are you talking about?!

HowardStern

Well, he could have went about it a bit nicer, but I am glad they’re making the characters their own now. Also, after PW I just couldn’t take Hayter’s Big Boss voice anymore, he sounded way too old. From what I have seen in GZ, I could never see Hayter doing as good a job.

I gotta disagree with that. Hayter was always great.

But it's all good.

And yes, I played TB on the 360 and then bought it for PS4 later. LOVE that game. Have you see the gaming heads statue? Is amazing!

He'll never answer that.

Agreed! Hayter's voice of Snake is iconic and if he can still do it why change it? I'm still hoping that the whole thing is an elaborate smokescreen and Hayter is still the voice of snake.

I have it on preorder. She's gonna look great next to my Drake Pf.

Agreed! Hayter's voice of Snake is iconic and if he can still do it why change it? I'm still hoping that the whole thing is an elaborate smokescreen and Hayter is still the voice of snake.

Me too man, I hope he's playing us.

I think Hayter is done with MGS :ohbfrank:. A few months ago, he even removed Kojima from his Twitter list, and that's like one of the ultimate "F-yous" on The Internet. But, it's kind of funny that Kojima has never even followed him on Twitter, or let alone acknowledged his existence in any way - aside from when he was asked, "why was David Hayter fired?".

Back