Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh look, its Snake!

tJJvGVj.jpg

:monkey3

Too much going on for my taste, would to really see more but I don't think I'll spend nearly as much time with TPP multi like I didn't for MGS 3 online.

The ending was funny though haha

Well, blow bubbles up my ******** and call me Nancy!

I thought the multiplayer was going to be all call of duty, but it looks fun as ****, certainly has it's own MGS touch to it, I loved what I saw in the trailer.

Neat touch with Ocelot seemingly using revolvers with inverted barrels, similar to Vash from Trigun.
Also happy see to his revolver-juggling gimmick make comeback. :lol

Nothing official yet. The rumor right now is it releases 22nd of June. Kojima wore a t-shirt at the VGA with Swedish written on it: twentysecond (tjugoandra) on the first row and sixth (sjätte) on the second row.

22nd of June 2015

I like the Mini Metal Gear in the trailer. Id love a game mode akin to Titan Fall. Looks to be much better than MGS4s mgo

Nothing official yet. The rumor right now is it releases 22nd of June. Kojima wore a t-shirt at the VGA with Swedish written on it: twentysecond (tjugoandra) on the first row and sixth (sjätte) on the second row.

22nd of June 2015

I like the Mini Metal Gear in the trailer. Id love a game mode akin to Titan Fall. Looks to be much better than MGS4s mgo

appreciate the info :hi5:

Remaking the original two is the most logical thing to do. Most new fans of the series never knew about them and all the fans that have played them know how epic it could be now that it's so rooted in the background of the other games. Those two are the only real examples of some of the most talked about things in the series. Outer Hevan, evil big boss, Campbell and Snakes relationship can all only really be seen in those two plus you have the fist fight with Greay Fox the boss fight with Solid Snake and Big Boss I mean this would be the ultimate MGS game. Like I said it's the most logical thing to do but that probably means it won't happen.

They could also do a better job developing the relationship between Snake and Holly. If they remade it, it would be my favorite game of the series. I love how grounded those games were and think it would be awesome to see them updated with the new hardware. One of the coolest aspects of them--more-so, with the first MG--was that they didn't hold your hand. I'm also a much bigger fan of the jungle setting and simpler technology, which is why MGS3 really appealed to me. I don't care much for extreme future tech, which is one of the reasons why I disliked Rising. I have to care about the characters in order to get me into a high sci-fi world. I didn't care about his character after MGS4 and or the plot of Rising, so I ended up skipping the cut-scenes when I played it. It's kind of like superheroes-I don't find superpowers appealing, but if you tell a good story and get me invested in the characters, I'll appreciate the super-heroics. Otherwise they're just grown men in their pajamas with an arrested development, which is why I don't find the Marvel movies interesting (Yes, I'm aware that I'm on a toy forum. That excludes the Nolan Batman movies, because that arrested development is part of Bruce Wayne's characters and is integral plot-point to the films. I'm getting way off topic!

There's a lot of hate for MGS2 and there's been even some people on this board that won't even acknowledge it. I've always loved it, and actually found Raiden to be more interesting in Snake in MGS. He was so much cooler in MGS2! Snake felt like a big cliche and Liquid's voice actor made it difficult to get me invested in that character. I think Liquid is a really good character, it's just the acting was a big turn-off. That's the one downside of MGS2, because for the most part, the acting is decent, and then there's a massive disconnect with Liquid's voice. The reveal at the end of MGS2 should have been such an incredible moment, but Liquid's voice kind of ruined it for me. David Hayter's voice may have gotten a bit more cartoony in MGS2, but his acting was far superior to the previous game. If he has to play Snake in a MG/MG2 remake, I hope he just uses his regular voice.

This is how I rank the first 3 MGS games:

Best plot:

1. MGS2
2. MGS
3. MGS3

Best Gameplay:
1. MGS2 (Including VR missions, because those are so awesome!)
2. MGS3 (CQC is my favorite thing in gaming, which is why I usually put MGS3 at the top. MGSV just blows it out of the water! I can't wait!)
3. MGS

Best Characters

1. MGS
2. MGS2
3. MGS3

Best Protagonist:

1. MGS3
2. MGS2
3. MGS

Best Story-telling

1. MGS3
2. MGS2 (It all comes together in the end)
3. MGS

Best Setting:

1. MGS3
2. MGS
3. MGS2

Best Music:
1. MGS2
2. MGS
3. MGS3

The release date for this is still 2015 right? No Specifics?

Does anyone think it will be Q1 or Q2?

I'd assume Q2, because that's when the last Metal Gear Solid games have been coming out. Being such a massive game, most people will only be able to play it during the summer. If that's when it's released, I hope its sales aren't affected by Arkham War. If they do come out around the same time, I'm choosing MGSV without any hesitation, and will pick up Arkham War in the the fall. Maybe 2016, since I won't want to play anything but MGSV for awhile! I haven't used my PS4 since Ground Zeroes and won't use it until MGSV.

I'd assume Q2, because that's when the last Metal Gear Solid games have been coming out. Being such a massive game, most people will only be able to play it during the summer. If that's when it's released, I hope its sales aren't affected by Arkham War. If they do come out around the same time, I'm choosing MGSV without any hesitation, and will pick up Arkham War in the the fall. Maybe 2016, since I won't want to play anything but MGSV for awhile! I haven't used my PS4 since Ground Zeroes and won't use it until MGSV.

Arkham War?

Is that because of the tanks and stuff? hehe... too military for ya?

Back