Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys I 've just bought MGS GZ and it worked fine the first time I played the game but when I try to join the second time it just crashes and it will not work.

I know I might be able to solve this problem by reinstalling steam, but I want that to be the last resort.

I tried to download a patch from here

Fix Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes Errors, Not Starting - Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Forum - GameSpot

but it will not let me install it from my region.

Help would be great.

ps. my computer specs are way above the recommendation that they asked us for.

actually I noticed that while playing, it does look a little blurry

I noticed in the parts where I grabbed a guard and was interrogating him that the Snake and guard models went blurry. I'm not sure if that was a "depth of field" effect or not, but even when I spun the camera around, the models stayed blurry. Kinda strange. Other than that, the game looked great. I pumped all settings to Extra High, and with the "Auto" frame rate which I read is 60fps max, and had no stutter or slowdown, although there were never a lot of effects or explosions, or a bunch of characters on screen at any given time, I didn't really feel like it was pushing my system or anything

That video is deceptive. PC is noticeably better but the PS4 one is awesome too. There's a ton of little things (including being able to play on a higher res monitor/tv) that the video isn't showing and would be hard to show using youtube or anything other than right in front of you. Either way great graphics all around though.

GeForce.com Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Interactive Comparison: PC vs. PlayStation 4 - Example #1

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Graphics & Performance Guide | GeForce

Last edited:
I noticed in the parts where I grabbed a guard and was interrogating him that the Snake and guard models went blurry. I'm not sure if that was a "depth of field" effect or not, but even when I spun the camera around, the models stayed blurry. Kinda strange. Other than that, the game looked great. I pumped all settings to Extra High, and with the "Auto" frame rate which I read is 60fps max, and had no stutter or slowdown, although there were never a lot of effects or explosions, or a bunch of characters on screen at any given time, I didn't really feel like it was pushing my system or anything

Same it runs really smooth, I hope TPP is like this

Never (ever) use YouTube for comparing graphics. The videos are compressed, and a lot details are lost as a result.

There's definitely improved lighting and drawing distances in the PC version. The character models look the same, though.

My really pathetic run at "Eliminate the Renegade Threat" on S-rank hard. :lol

Still works as S-rank guide though.

My really pathetic run at "Eliminate the Renegade Threat" on S-rank hard. :lol

Still works as S-rank guide though.

Not too bad, you never told me you had a YouTube :lol you can't reload cancel with the tranq gun like you can in MGS2, 3 and 4?

thers no real marketing for this game to be released that early, i dont understand how they think itll be out that fast. early to mid summer seems about right.

One of the retailers must have put up a bogus release date, and it caught on with the rest. For all we know, TPP may be delayed for an additional year - just like MGS 4.

Back