Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remaking the original two is the most logical thing to do. Most new fans of the series never knew about them and all the fans that have played them know how epic it could be now that it's so rooted in the background of the other games. Those two are the only real examples of some of the most talked about things in the series. Outer Hevan, evil big boss, Campbell and Snakes relationship can all only really be seen in those two plus you have the fist fight with Greay Fox the boss fight with Solid Snake and Big Boss I mean this would be the ultimate MGS game. Like I said it's the most logical thing to do but that probably means it won't happen.

Metal Gear Solid remake would be a dream come true for me, it was the first one I played and its one of my all time favorites. I still have the game and the PS1 I played it on, I also have Dino Crisis 1&2 :rotfl

MGS needs no remake, The Twin Snakes already too a big chunk of the magic away, can't imagine a second MGS remake being any good.

MG remakes all the way, don't touch the classic.

Agreed!

MGS still holds up fine, I have plenty of friends that aren’t even real gamers that I recommended it to recently and they fell in love with it.

I’m a huge MGS fan, but I could never bring myself to finish the original MG games, remaking both games would bring the series full circle and I would probably be okay with no more MGS games after that.

Yeah, I've never completed either of the original games, either. It definitely looks like MGS V is leading up to the remakes (at least I hope :pray:).

Yea, I’m probably going to be disappointed when the TPP ends since it’ll probably end right at where MG begins :lol

MGS needs no remake, The Twin Snakes already too a big chunk of the magic away, can't imagine a second MGS remake being any good.

MG remakes all the way, don't touch the classic.

:exactly: No need to touch the 3D games

They need to remake the 8 bit games and keep making spin offs and that sort of thing

Last edited:
I would love remakes of the original two MG, and it's where Big Boss and Solid Snake's "story" should end, right back where it all started. Would be a nice treat for old fans to see the "Snake/Big Boss" saga reach a definitive end, not to mention it's a great way to really showcase the differences between Snake and BB for the new fans.

I honestly hope that it's were we end up after TPP, i would very much be looking forward to MG1&2 remakes if at the end of MGSV it was setting it up

I have no real anticipation for TTP, might change when it's here and if it's great but right now i don't have much. Whereas if TTP ends pretty much rolling out MG1&2 I'd be really really looking forward to the remakes.

I would love remakes of the original two MG, and it's where Big Boss and Solid Snake's "story" should, right back where it all started. Would be a nice treat for old fans to see the "Snake/Big Boss" saga reach definitive end, not to mention it's a great way to really showcase the differences between Snake and BB for the new fans.

I'm not sure there's enough material to do a remake of Metal Gear 1&2. They would have to be re-imaginings IMO.

Id prefer new Solid Snake adventures myself

I think MG1 & 2 remakes are the closest thing to another Solid Snake adventure we are going to get

I think MG1 & 2 remakes are the closest thing to another Solid Snake adventure we are going to get

They're the only Solid Snake adventures that will truly matter in terms of the canon :lol. I still wouldn't mind seeing a Snake storyline from his days in Philanthropy, though.

I'm sure it'll make for a better side-stories that Portable Ops and Peace Walker.

I don't think the story really needs to be about Snakes family. Theres plenty of room for closed stories, like Uncharted, multiple TV shows or Indy movies.

That way we can get awesome stand alone stories, that Kojima is good at. And no more convoluted mess!

Philanthropy adventures FTW

"Lots of Surprises" Teased for Game Awards Tonight - GameSpot

Tonight's The Game Awards 2014 will deliver "lots of surprises," including an appearance from Metal Gear Solid actor Kiefer Sutherland, according to the show's producer, Geoff Keighley. He previously teased that the show will feature at least a dozen “world premieres."Sutherland plays Snake in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which launches in 2015. It's possible Sutherland will be on-stage to discuss the latest edition of Metal Gear Online, which we already know will be unveiled during the awards show.

We'll find out soon enough, as The Game Awards 2014 kick off tonight at 6 PM Pacific / 9 PM Eastern. GameSpot will bring you all the news, trailers, and winners as soon as they're revealed. You can watch the entire awards show right here on GameSpot.

What are you hoping to see tonight? Let us know in the comments below!

Back