Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too bad, you never told me you had a YouTube :lol you can't reload cancel with the tranq gun like you can in MGS2, 3 and 4?

I don't think you could cancel a reload, which also is unfortunate since I can't tell you how many times I've triggered reflex mode while reloading and that lead to a full scale alert. :slap

And no, my channel has nothing noteworthy on it so, meh. :lol

Fake.

If they dont announce MGSV release date soon, as in January then i fear for its summer release date. And it may release in Winter 2015.

Theyjust show way too much too early at KojiPro! At least here wont be a lack of games coming up to its release

It's already released. I was playing TPP last night. Ryan knows about this. He was there, too.

Metal Gear Online details

rwN7iC0.jpg

This info was translated from the 4Gamer interview

4Gamer: It's been announced that MGO will be included in MGSV:TPP. When will service begin? Can players play MGO without playing The Phantom Pain?

Oki: Service will begin when MGSV:TPP is released. MGO, is the multiplayer mode of TPP. We advise players to likewise play the single player mode, and enjoy the MGSV universe as a whole.

4Gamer: How many players are in each match?

Oki: We're still adjusting the maximum number of players, but we're estimating 12 to 16 people which tends to be the best way to enjoy the mulitplayer. Having too many players in each match will make it difficult for players to perform cooperative team based actions.

4Gamer: It was announced that both the Tokyo and Los Angeles studios were co-developing MGO. How do the two studios work together on development?

Oki: MGSV:TPP single player mode is being developed by Kojima Productions - Tokyo, while the multiplayer version (MGO) is being developed by the Los Angeles studio. Generally the production is separated between each region but the core system is based on the same Fox Engine platform. We have several team members who travel frequently back and forth to coordinate and cooperate on each studio's needs. As the Creative Director for MGO, I stay in LA periodically to oversee the creative direction of MGO.

4Gamer: In the trailer, it was hard to tell what type of communication players will use in game. How are players able to talk with each other in the game?

Oki: We are planning communication methods such as the Preset Radio that veteran MGO players enjoyed. Preset Radio lets you easily communicate with other players your in-game radio with pre-created lines of dialogue

4Gamer: In the most recent MGO title released with METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS, players obtained details on other player locations through the SOP system. With the new MGO accompanying METAL GEAR SOLID V, will we continue to use SOP? Is there going to be a substitute feature?

Oki: Instead of the SOP system, we have the tagging system that's also found in single player. Players can tag enemies through their binoculars and that information then is shared with your teammates. Similar to single player, information through espionage is the key to victory.

4Gamer: The single player campaign provides a diverse open world environment. Will MGO use unique maps players can choose from before each match?

Oki: We want players to enjoy a fast-paced competitive multiplayer in different types of regions, lands, and weather. Therefore, we're preparing independent maps unique to MGO with multiple variations.

4Gamer: During the trailer, we saw a sandstorm happening near the end. Similar to the single player mode, will MGO have dynamic weather effects and time progression?

Oki: We have the same dynamic weather system as the MGSV:TPP single player campaign. Weather affects the combat in a variety of ways. However, the matches aren't designed to last for very long periods of time, so instead of experiencing dynamic time progression during each match, players have the option to choose the time of day at the beginning of each match.

4Gamer: The trailer demonstrated a game mode with a specific objective to steal important intel. What other game modes can we expect in MGO?

Oki: We have various modes from standard favorites to game modes unique to this new MGO. MGO will also include the fan favorite from the last online release: "Team Sneak". This mode requires intense infiltration-style gameplay. The attacking team infiltrates using stealth camouflage and non-lethal weapons, while the defending team counters with highly lethal weaponry

4Gamer: Can we expect the selfie feature shown at the end of the trailer to be an actual in-game element?

Oki: Yes, we are planning to implement a camera feature which also lets players take selfies in-game.

4Gamer: The trailer also featured fulton traps, and some tool that allowed players to tag enemies as it gets thrown in the air. These features highlight what we feel is the essence of MGO, as much as saying: "Players without shooting skill can contribute to a win!". Is that right?

Oki: Yes, MGO is designed to be enjoyable by the everyone from a hardcore player to a beginner who's never attempted the genre. We provide various tactics to encourage cooperative actions between players from multiple skill levels. Hardcore players can genuinely appreciate the beginner players who contribute to the match. For example: during a match, beginners can hang back behind the frontlines of battle and share intel through reconnaissance before moving forward. This information about the enemy is invaluable to the advanced players looking to engage in a firefight.

4Gamer: Are there any affects on the single player mode from the results of a match in MGO? For example, will either mode share items and weapons they've obtained/used? Do the two game modes stand completely independent of one another?

Oki: Since MGO is included with MGSV:TPP as its multiplayer component, there are some elements that will affect each other. There isn't a case however where players must play MGSV:TPP in order to progress in MGO or vice versa. The game balanced is maintained and designed to be independent experiences.

Last edited:
I would have liked to have seen MGO combine aspects from all of the MGS games released so far. In other words, blend the worlds of MGS 4, MGS 3, and TPP, and have Gekkos, human catapults, Metal Gear RAYS... everything imaginable; including, in-depth character customization systems. Also, have MGS 2 Snake and Old Snake run around with different versions of Big Boss. Sigh...

It still sounds cool from what's mentioned, though.

tumblr_mzsfu8tbXR1rrkahjo4_250.gif

Metal Gear Online details

rwN7iC0.jpg

This info was translated from the 4Gamer interview

4Gamer: It's been announced that MGO will be included in MGSV:TPP. When will service begin? Can players play MGO without playing The Phantom Pain?

Oki: Service will begin when MGSV:TPP is released. MGO, is the multiplayer mode of TPP. We advise players to likewise play the single player mode, and enjoy the MGSV universe as a whole.

4Gamer: How many players are in each match?

Oki: We're still adjusting the maximum number of players, but we're estimating 12 to 16 people which tends to be the best way to enjoy the mulitplayer. Having too many players in each match will make it difficult for players to perform cooperative team based actions.

4Gamer: It was announced that both the Tokyo and Los Angeles studios were co-developing MGO. How do the two studios work together on development?

Oki: MGSV:TPP single player mode is being developed by Kojima Productions - Tokyo, while the multiplayer version (MGO) is being developed by the Los Angeles studio. Generally the production is separated between each region but the core system is based on the same Fox Engine platform. We have several team members who travel frequently back and forth to coordinate and cooperate on each studio's needs. As the Creative Director for MGO, I stay in LA periodically to oversee the creative direction of MGO.

4Gamer: In the trailer, it was hard to tell what type of communication players will use in game. How are players able to talk with each other in the game?

Oki: We are planning communication methods such as the Preset Radio that veteran MGO players enjoyed. Preset Radio lets you easily communicate with other players your in-game radio with pre-created lines of dialogue

4Gamer: In the most recent MGO title released with METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS, players obtained details on other player locations through the SOP system. With the new MGO accompanying METAL GEAR SOLID V, will we continue to use SOP? Is there going to be a substitute feature?

Oki: Instead of the SOP system, we have the tagging system that's also found in single player. Players can tag enemies through their binoculars and that information then is shared with your teammates. Similar to single player, information through espionage is the key to victory.

4Gamer: The single player campaign provides a diverse open world environment. Will MGO use unique maps players can choose from before each match?

Oki: We want players to enjoy a fast-paced competitive multiplayer in different types of regions, lands, and weather. Therefore, we're preparing independent maps unique to MGO with multiple variations.

4Gamer: During the trailer, we saw a sandstorm happening near the end. Similar to the single player mode, will MGO have dynamic weather effects and time progression?

Oki: We have the same dynamic weather system as the MGSV:TPP single player campaign. Weather affects the combat in a variety of ways. However, the matches aren't designed to last for very long periods of time, so instead of experiencing dynamic time progression during each match, players have the option to choose the time of day at the beginning of each match.

4Gamer: The trailer demonstrated a game mode with a specific objective to steal important intel. What other game modes can we expect in MGO?

Oki: We have various modes from standard favorites to game modes unique to this new MGO. MGO will also include the fan favorite from the last online release: "Team Sneak". This mode requires intense infiltration-style gameplay. The attacking team infiltrates using stealth camouflage and non-lethal weapons, while the defending team counters with highly lethal weaponry

4Gamer: Can we expect the selfie feature shown at the end of the trailer to be an actual in-game element?

Oki: Yes, we are planning to implement a camera feature which also lets players take selfies in-game.

4Gamer: The trailer also featured fulton traps, and some tool that allowed players to tag enemies as it gets thrown in the air. These features highlight what we feel is the essence of MGO, as much as saying: "Players without shooting skill can contribute to a win!". Is that right?

Oki: Yes, MGO is designed to be enjoyable by the everyone from a hardcore player to a beginner who's never attempted the genre. We provide various tactics to encourage cooperative actions between players from multiple skill levels. Hardcore players can genuinely appreciate the beginner players who contribute to the match. For example: during a match, beginners can hang back behind the frontlines of battle and share intel through reconnaissance before moving forward. This information about the enemy is invaluable to the advanced players looking to engage in a firefight.

4Gamer: Are there any affects on the single player mode from the results of a match in MGO? For example, will either mode share items and weapons they've obtained/used? Do the two game modes stand completely independent of one another?

Oki: Since MGO is included with MGSV:TPP as its multiplayer component, there are some elements that will affect each other. There isn't a case however where players must play MGSV:TPP in order to progress in MGO or vice versa. The game balanced is maintained and designed to be independent experiences.

Sounds pretty good, I just hope the gameplay mechanics mesh well with the competitive nature of the game, that was my real issue with MGS4 online, it felt too stiff.

If the gameplay's like anything like what we've experienced with GZ, we should be in for one heck of an experience.

I remember they made a lot of progressive improvements with the last MGO. But, the community practically killed it with all of the exploiters and cheaters. It had so much potential, but Konami did such a terrible job of managing it. Hope they handle things better this time around.

Wish I liked online for more than 5 minutes. This looks to be good. Maybe the issue I don't have any gamer friends who don't only play FIFA & GTA

2387736_o.gif
If the gameplay's like anything like what we've experienced with GZ, we should be in for one heck of an experience.

I remember they made a lot of progressive improvements with the last MGO. But, the community practically killed it with all of the exploiters and cheaters. It had so much potential, but Konami did such a terrible job of managing it. Hope they handle things better this time around.
That's really most communities in a nutshell, but it's not any better for MGS :slap

Sounds pretty good, I just hope the gameplay mechanics mesh well with the competitive nature of the game, that was my real issue with MGS4 online, it felt too stiff.

I hated MGS4 online, it was very stiff and narrow. Snake Eater online as of right now, is still the best online MGS to date. It was just as loose as the main game.

I hated MGS4 online, it was very stiff and narrow. Snake Eater online as of right now, is still the best online MGS to date. It was just as loose as the main game.

I regret never playing MgS3 online. Never had a network cable anywhere near where I had my ps2. If they brought it back in a PS4 hd remaster ala Halo

Snake Eater is probably the most fun I've ever had playing online multiplayer.

Yup, it was a huge hassle. I think I still have my log in written down in my MGS4 box.

Back