Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cousin, who is a casual MGS fan came over and saw MGSV for the first time, the first thing he says was that the graphics look amazing. He also added "but then again, this is Kojima, he's always the forefront of graphics." I told him "Not this time" and loaded up Arkham Knight. The look on his face was priceless. :lol

After 10 minutes of watching Knight with his jaws on the floor he asked me, "Is the MGSV game you showed me just now a work in progress or something?"

Arkham Knight has really ugly character models, at least to me. The older games were much more appealing design-wise.

Got to say though, I'm having a hard time agreeing that MGSV is 'ugly' after seeing it run maxed-out and in 4k resolution on my friend's beast of a PC. I actually find it hard to believe this is basically going to be the only Fox Engine game besides PES, unless Konami plan to sell it on or license it out. Kojima gave them the tools to make amazing next-gen games (the first two years of MGSV's development cycle were entirely spent refining the engine, apparently), and instead they scrap it in favour of pachinko machines :dunno

Kojima made it pretty clear that the graphics for this game was purposely compromised unlike MGS4 where they spent so much time on it. It was purposely done the way it was since they thought the newly implemented lighting physics would compensate for this. So I don't see the point of comparing the graphics considering it just lends to the tired "next-gen graphicz" hype train, especially when even Kojima mentioned this very early on during GZ's development...

Kojima made it pretty clear that the graphics for this game was purposely compromised unlike MGS4 where they spent so much time on it. It was purposely done the way it was since they thought the newly implemented lighting physics would compensate for this. So I don't see the point of comparing the graphics considering it just lends to the tired "next-gen graphicz" hype train, especially when even Kojima mentioned this very early on during GZ's development...

I never fail to be amazed at how well MGS2 and MGS4 in particular hold up graphically. MGS2 thanks to smart design, MGS4 thanks to some kind of black magic I'd have to assume.

Yeah, at some point I started to feel like MGS4 looked wonky in comparison to other PS3 games.

But now it looks pretty darn good, the models are top notch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444447269.228524.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444447275.646041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it me, or does her bikini look exactly like a pair of high heels holding up her boobs?

The graphics have horrendous pop in ive found. Lots of jagged edges close up on characters, headshots are laughable with the blood and the environments are PS3 like

He hehe with all his hating on the game now I don't feel so alone! I'm over 56% completion and still having a hard time to love this game. Man on Fire ending felt awf I l

He hehe with all his hating on the game now I don't feel so alone! I'm over 56% completion and still having a hard time to love this game. Man on Fire ending felt awf I l

You hate it so much you can't even be bothered to finish a sentence? :lol

This is the worst MGS game, easily. It's gonna be forgotten in t-minus end of the year.

Man, this game is forgettable. I already deleted it from my PS4, whereas MGS 4 was in my PS3 for nearly a year back in 2008 :lol.

let's just hope a metal gear legacy edition for all Platforms ..i would love to replay the Previous Titles in 1080p & 60fps

Back