Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mantis: The DARPA chief is dead. Boss, I have an idea.

Liquid: What?

Mantis: Pull the same crap we did 21 years ago.

Ocelot: Hey guys what's going on here? Jesus! What sorcery is this?

Also, I'm sorry but I can't really buy that twist that gave power to an inactive Inbred Gear. By that logic, Liquid would have activated REX in MGS1 without Solid Snake's help. :slap

The closest thing to them explaining this is that they were kids, and like every creepy horror movie kid, Mantis's powers are more amplified because of it; the severity of which is apparently helped by Liquid who was also a kid and that made their bond stronger and stuff.

Still a pretty flimsy reason tho.

Platinum. Now the game can **** off.

7mIwGNd.jpg

you must have had the middle finger ready or you one quick son of a *****, congrats on the plat, you have more ambition than i. i havent even completed it yet, but i already know what goes on in it, i couldnt take it anymore not really knowing so i cheated. i will complete it very, very slowly.

I did all the other Plats for the MGSs bar MGS2 (Ryan is the only one :lol)

I feel relieved honestly, I don't have any ties left in the game. I can catch up on other games like Witcher, Dying Light and GTAV.

There's really no need to maintain your FOB since you get nothing but higher levels of units, which amount to nothing.

The closest thing to them explaining this is that they were kids, and like every creepy horror movie kid, Mantis's powers are more amplified because of it; the severity of which is apparently helped by Liquid who was also a kid and that made their bond stronger and stuff.

Still a pretty flimsy reason tho.

You're right on both accounts a) it might explain it b) it's still a dumb explanation that shows how the writing in the series has resorted to cartoon plot points to move the story.

Please let this be a thing in MGR 2 :pray:

Please let MGR2 be a thing first! :lecture

Platinum. Now the game can **** off.

7mIwGNd.jpg

ROTFL, I always wanted to see someone pose a middle finger! And congrats and good riddance! You truly are a Legendary Hero! Now go play Uncharted tomorrow!

I did all the other Plats for the MGSs bar MGS2 (Ryan is the only one :lol)

I feel relieved honestly, I don't have any ties left in the game. I can catch up on other games like Witcher, Dying Light and GTAV.

There's really no need to maintain your FOB since you get nothing but higher levels of units, which amount to nothing.

And who did it twice too. :lol

MGS2 was notably harder, but it's over much more quickly. I'd say 30-40 hours.

Btw Pliss, will FOBs get FUBAR with a gazillion breaches if you decided to permanently leave the game? Or you just don't care anymore?

You're right on both accounts a) it might explain it b) it's still a dumb explanation that shows how the writing in the series has resorted to cartoon plot points to move the story.

Please let MGR2 be a thing first! :lecture

ROTFL, I always wanted to see someone pose a middle finger! And congrats and good riddance! You truly are a Legendary Hero! Now go play Uncharted tomorrow!

And who did it twice too. :lol

MGS2 was notably harder, but it's over much more quickly. I'd say 30-40 hours.

Btw Pliss, will FOBs get FUBAR with a gazillion breaches if you decided to permanently leave the game? Or you just don't care anymore?

MGS2 feels like an unreachable task to get the Plat because of the VR missions :lol

I imagine, you'd get all your men stolen if you left it too long. They got an event now where if you sneak in and steal men, you can't retaliate... ****ing retarded. Some ****** stole 10 of my guys during the night, and I don't even care.

I'll be getting Uncharted soon, maybe even tomorrow.

Haha, nice pic Pliss :lol

And yes Ryan, MGR 2 must be a thing!
Those pussies.

This isn't censored. Really?
Pretty much, considering it's a college and anyone renting it would be over 18 :dunno
Oh man, that sucks. I have no idea if this if worth the $60, personally I say no. I've already given up the plat and waiting for Uncharted instead. I feel like I'm wasting away grinding all the way to hell.
At this rate, I'm just gonna wait for a Black Friday price drop and buy it then. I'd buy it from Best Buy for at minimum maybe $43, with my gamer's club discount and $5 rewards I have on stand by but still, there's other stuff I'd rather buy...

MGS2 feels like an unreachable task to get the Plat because of the VR missions :lol

Not really, especially compared to the likes of MGR's VR18. The worst part of MGS2 are the timed sniping missions, my trick is to take a break since being angry about it won't help me pass it. True enough, I passes it after heading out for some drinks.

I imagine, you'd get all your men stolen if you left it too long. They got an event now where if you sneak in and steal men, you can't retaliate... ****ing retarded. Some ****** stole 10 of my guys during the night, and I don't even care.

Well, you can always opt for insurance.. :monkey3

I'll be getting Uncharted soon, maybe even tomorrow.

Uncharted is a stupid, mindless shooter with a fun story, great characters and music and the set pieces will blow your mind. I'd be shocked if you end up not liking the series.

And yes Ryan, MGR 2 must be a thing!Pretty much, considering it's a college and anyone renting it would be over 18 :dunnoAt this rate, I'm just gonna wait for a Black Friday price drop and buy it then. I'd buy it from Best Buy for at minimum maybe $43, with my gamer's club discount and $5 rewards I have on stand by but still, there's other stuff I'd rather buy...

The core gameplay of MGSV is excellent, it's just that the story, grinding, barren world, butt ugly graphics and annoying FOBs really ruins the game. But I guess you have enough info to decide whether to wait out.

Last edited:
My cousin, who is a casual MGS fan came over and saw MGSV for the first time, the first thing he says was that the graphics look amazing. He also added "but then again, this is Kojima, he's always the forefront of graphics." I told him "Not this time" and loaded up Arkham Knight. The look on his face was priceless. :lol

After 10 minutes of watching Knight with his jaws on the floor he asked me, "Is the MGSV game you showed me just now a work in progress or something?"

Uncharted is a stupid, mindless shooter with a fun story, great characters and music and the set pieces will blow your mind. I'd be shocked if you end up not liking the series.

The core gameplay of MGSV is excellent, it's just that the story, grinding, barren world, butt ugly graphics and annoying FOBs really ruins the game. But I guess you have enough info to decide whether to wait out.
I wouldn't say mindless, not exactly because you have to be a little tactical.

And I know MGS V's gameplay won't be bad, but at times, that's not enough. Not in MGS where the story is huge and important...

I wouldn't say mindless, not exactly because you have to be a little tactical.

And I know MGS V's gameplay won't be bad, but at times, that's not enough. Not in MGS where the story is huge and important...

Well, I meant that Drake does little more than accumulatively killing an entire small army while making jokes. Thankfully, the number of people you kill in the games aren't canon according to ND. :lol

Well, I meant that Drake does little more than accumulatively killing an entire small army while making jokes. Thankfully, the number of people you kill in the games aren't canon according to ND. :lol

Not gonna lie, I kinda wish that element didn't carry over in TLOU. Really ruined some of the immersion for me when it went Uncharted levels of mass killings.

Not that Uncharted was particularly bad for it, heck it's meant to be fun that way.

Not gonna lie, I kinda wish that element didn't carry over in TLOU. Really ruined some of the immersion for me when it went Uncharted levels of mass killings.

Not that Uncharted was particularly bad for it, heck it's meant to be fun that way.

Well to be fair, Joel was already hinted to be a mass murderer prior to the events of TLOU. It's much easier to swallow the fact that he could have slaughtered everyone in his path due to the dire world. Drake on the other hand, is just a regular Joe looking for treasure with an infinite supply of one liners. :lol

But you're right , it's not a criticism at all. They're both just avoidable ways to make gameplay. And good gameplay too.

And while (in the first two anyway) trying to woo/chase a lady :lol

Joel is for the most part, an anti-hero, so it sorta works. Ryan is right though, and it's shown that unlike Drake, he really has almost no morale code considering how much he tortures some people in the game. At the same time, it's only bad gameplay wise.

I think ronri means, it's kind of unbelievable the amount of people Joel kills, given how hard surviving supposedly is.

But I can perfectly separate gameplay from narrative.

I mean Joel might have some experience over them in some ways since most of those guys are only good in numbers. But it can go either way. The thing with the fireflies at the end was pushing it however, considering they have a very good idea of who he is compared to the other groups.

Back