Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes. Gave up on the plat?

I don't even have the plats for MGS 2, MGS 3, MGS 4, PW, and MG Rising. It's going to be strange if I plat my most hated MGS game, before the ones I actually enjoyed. MGS V is just a chore, and when you're playing the same regurgitated mission types ad-nauseam, it can drive a man insane. Not worth it!

I platinum'd V since I already had so much time into it. It's been a few days, and I haven't put it back on, and I won't.

TLOU deserves to be plated so much ♡ that I didn't want to try on ps3 in order to wait to Plat it on ps4. Lol I only got like 3 trophys on my first run.

I plated all the ps3 MGS except for Rising and by far the most rewarding for me was MGS2. That was crazy Japanese style gameplay.

You hate it so much you can't even be bothered to finish a sentence? :lol

This is the worst MGS game, easily. It's gonna be forgotten in t-minus end of the year.

The kojima ball sucking gaming press wont let MGSV die for a while. Im waiting for it to be nominated for GOTY along with Arkham Knight.

This year for me has been a right let down. Battlefront Beta was average, im not interested in dude raider 4, 3 was naff and 4 is just too much for me.

Year is a right let down.

Man you're fast :lol. I'll probably get to the V once I finish my other plats. Going for TLOUR's at the moment :pow.

I guess you didn't see when I posted this.

s5sj2WU.jpg

TLOU deserves to be plated so much ♡ that I didn't want to try on ps3 in order to wait to Plat it on ps4. Lol I only got like 3 trophys on my first run.

Fantastic game, but unfortunately I stopped once they shoved MP trophies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

let's just hope a metal gear legacy edition for all Platforms ..i would love to replay the Previous Titles in 1080p & 60fps

I would be okay with just MGS4 being remastered. The other games in the series came out perfect on PS3, but if they did release them again on PS4 I would definitely buy them.

MGS4 definitely needs a remaster as the framerate was all over the place, but the game still looks good today. Heck, bring the HD Collection and Rising too, I'll gladly buy them.

My only concern is if Konami downgrades the audio quality like the HD Collection as MGS4 is still the best sounding game ever made.

IMO, MGS4 looks worlds cleaner than jagged V.

It certainly looks more alive than organic than V. What I love about the MGS in-game world is that they conveyed a "anything can happen" kind of illusion, even MGS4. I mean, how many of you were actually hoping to spot Meryl running around at the Tank Hangar in MGS1 even though it never happened? I did.

MGSV was sorely lacking in that respect.

It certainly looks more alive than organic than V. What I love about the MGS in-game world is that they conveyed a "anything can happen" kind of illusion, even MGS4. I mean, how many of you were actually hoping to spot Meryl running around at the Tank Hangar in MGS1 even though it never happened? I did.

MGSV was sorely lacking in that respect.

Yeah, everything is very disconnected and sterile in V... just like I expected.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Opening Day Twice as Good as Avengers: Age of Ultron - IGN

Don’t know why they’re comparing this to movies but either way, shows that the whole forbes article was stupid as ****. Throw in Ground Zeroes sales, and all the merchandise from the series and Konami can make a Metal Gear theme park if they wanted to :lol

Hopefully Konami wakes up and realizes what they have with this series and bring Kojima back for Silent Hills.

Yeah, I saw that article yesterday. I don't know what's up with Konami. MGS V did well, but generally, the franchise has always struggled to go fully mainstream because of the canon. And it's funny, they really had a goldmine with Silent Hills... but decided not to do it? It's pure idiocy. They probably invested their profits into more pachinko machines, and gym facilities.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next person to get fired is their CEO.

But, I've gotta say, MGS V as a single game surpassing Age of Ultron made me happy. **** the Avengers and all the nonsense hype.

Yeah, I saw that article yesterday. I don't know what's up with Konami. MGS V did well, but generally, the franchise has always struggled to go fully mainstream because of the canon. And it's funny, they really had a goldmine with Silent Hills... but decided not to do it? It's pure idiocy. They probably invested their profits into more pachinko machines, and gym facilities.

But, I've gotta say, MGS V as a single game surpassing Age of Ultron made me happy. **** the Avengers and all the nonsense hype.

I wonder if Kojima didn’t get fired but ending up quitting, it really doesn’t make sense why he would get fired, especially after the hype and reception that came from the P.T. demo.

Avengers is like the gold standard for sales now :dunno: strange.

MGS not being mainstream varies, I guess. The canon is definitely why, I know it intimidates people. I know people who are aware of it, but don't care that much for it.

Now with the MCU getting FF4... all the fanboys are collectively stroking themselves.

**** Disney, seriously. I hope FOX keeps X-Men forever regardless of making everyone wearing black, they're still better films.

I’m more interested in what Marvel has planned with their Netflix shows. Daredevil was really good, a bit overrated but I think the second season will be amazing. I’m excited to see the Punisher in action. The movies however, I’m not the interested in anymore.

My only hope for the FoX-men films is that Jennifer Lawrence retires from playing Mystique after Apocalypse.

Back