MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had that problem with my Rambo 3 though,maybe it has something to do with the new Rubber Body?

Well the new bodies are painted, it's not just cast rubber like the old ones, so it may have more do do with the paint than the rubber.

This is the first time I've heard cloth color affecting rubber bodies. Never had a problem as well with my Rambo 3, which has a black singlet.

Is there any proof of this on the Barney Ross? Or is this just speculation? I'm concerned, but until I see photos, I will not worry too much about it. :dunno

I'll have to check my First Blood figure as well, if the grey singlet causes coloring on the rubber body.

People had their Wolverine bodies get stained by his leather coat when the had the rubber parts exposed with just the white tank top on and not his red shirt too, there were pictures so it's not just crazy talk.

These new bodies aren't like the old ones. The rubber is painted with detailing to match the head and arms to further the realism and blend all the parts together. It could be that something about the paint on the rubber takes to staining from dyed clother, or it could be because it's a different type of rubber. Hard to say why, but, one thing's for sure, the new bodies aren't like the old ones so just because something didn't happen to those doesn't mean it can't to these. It could also be that they're using different dyes or fabrics that are prone to bleeding.

Doesn't matter,would i cancel my order because of this...NO!

Ill have 10 of them packed away and change figure once a year because im a perfectionist :D

I'll be taking pictures with him shirtless when I get the figure, and then that's it, might some day take the shirt off to show someone wanting to see, but me personally, I'll never permanently display him like that so if it stains, no biggy, it'll be areas you don't see while the shirt's on so no harm. If I did care I would just buy one to be the shirtless one for all time.

Shirt stains

Thanks for the feedback, Sean. :hi5: I didn't pre-order the Wolverine and never had a figure, so I only had familiarity with the Rambo muscle bodies.

If this is inevitable, I might just buy an extra Barney Ross nude (head + muscle body) and display him shirtless along with the clothed Barney Ross. I will do the "soak in white-vinegar-and-water" solution to the clothes, just so I cover all the bases.

People had their Wolverine bodies get stained by his leather coat when the had the rubber parts exposed with just the white tank top on and not his red shirt too, there were pictures so it's not just crazy talk.

These new bodies aren't like the old ones. The rubber is painted with detailing to match the head and arms to further the realism and blend all the parts together. It could be that something about the paint on the rubber takes to staining from dyed clother, or it could be because it's a different type of rubber. Hard to say why, but, one thing's for sure, the new bodies aren't like the old ones so just because something didn't happen to those doesn't mean it can't to these. It could also be that they're using different dyes or fabrics that are prone to bleeding.

Thank you for this tip, I might do this to all the Barney Ross upper garments just to make sure. :)

As a precaution I would soak the black shirt in a white vinegar and water solution. It helps set the dye so it doesn't bleed.

I will also not cancel my pre-order just because of this. I was just concerned and wanted to know how to properly care for the figure once I get it.

Doesn't matter,would i cancel my order because of this...NO!

Ill have 10 of them packed away and change figure once a year because im a perfectionist :D

Unfortunately, I don't think HT's aware of or concerned with this, since Wolverine's a year old and they seem to still be having this issue. There's really no official, certain precaution one can take to avoid this, can try tricks, but nothing in the HT instructions to say, do this and you won't have a problem, in general though, it's wise to adhere to the HT instructions with these rubber figures.

Unfortunately, I don't think HT's aware of or concerned with this, since Wolverine's a year old and they seem to still be having this issue. There's really no official, certain precaution one can take to avoid this, can try tricks, but nothing in the HT instructions to say, do this and you won't have a problem, in general though, it's wise to adhere to the HT instructions with these rubber figures.

Thrust me Maulfan..

I heard that from Toyworld and Toysdaily forums

I had problems with an spare Royce body and a black t shirt ( T800 T2)... I removed the black T-shirt yesterday and the body (rubber and PVC are all stained in black :gah:)
Royce and Barney Ross bodies are made of the same material... so BE CAREFUL!! :lecture

Basides... The stain Syndrome Is'nt new,for example: Jill Valentine's body had the same problem with the black shirt :monkey2

Here is the link of toyworld forum:

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29477&extra=page%3D1

It's in English-Chinese..but if you use some translator...

Last edited:
Thrust me Maulfan..

I heard that from Toyworld and Toysdaily forums

I had problems with an spare Royce body and a black t shirt ( T800 T2)... I removed the black T-shirt yesterday and the body (rubber and PVC are all stained in black :gah:)
Royce and Barney Ross bodies are made of the same material... so BE CAREFUL!! :lecture

Basides... this is not new,for example: Jill Valentine's body had the same problem with the black shirt :monkey2

Here is the link of toyworld forum:

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29477&extra=page%3D1

It's in English-Chinese..but if you use some translator...

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm aware of it, I've seen pics of Wolverine with it, I'm just saying, we don't know for sure why it happens so prevention is tricky, short of never leaving a shirt on it.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm aware of it, I've seen pics of Wolverine with it, I'm just saying, we don't know for sure why it happens so prevention is tricky, short of never leaving a shirt on it.

I believe this is the reason because Barney ross comes shirtless in the box and showing his tatoos..

I'am surprised that HT do'nt warn about this as precaution whereas Enterbay have been warning about this problem for years

Last edited:
Him coming boxed shirtless isn't going to cause staining with the shirt. There's something about HT's clothes and these new muscles bodies that can lead to staining, as it's not just Barney that's had the problem, and the other figures have come clothed in the box. Barney's shirtless just to show off the tat work in the event some collectors never took his shirt off when they got their figure, and I support that, they put the work in, everyone should see the quality, even if briefly before covering it up.

IMO HT know very well the stain problem with the new rubber bodies..

Could you imagine what would happen if the figure came with the shirt on??.. and then you took his shirt off at home and find the body stained in black?? :gah:

Probably with other figures you would'nt do.. but with Mr Ross you wanna see that Tat Work (as you said) or even change clothes..so, I think that this may have a Dual Purpose intended.

Last edited:
Bought a knife on eBay, decided I didn't want to stick it out with the Rambo knife.

KNIFE.jpg

Back