1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

This is very old news.

And was fixed with HT second batch of DX02's. And I dont see Superman having any problems like this.

Incorrect. First, there were 3 runs, not 2. Second, though not as common, the problem still occurs with the 3rd run of the DX02s. Not only was the bicep leaking never addressed in any of the runs, but there have been reports of the abdominal area still leaking despite the addition of hard plastic for the abs.

Incorrect. First, there were 3 runs, not 2. Second, though not as common, the problem still occurs with the 3rd run of the DX02s. Not only was the bicep leaking never addressed in any of the runs, but there have been reports of the abdominal area still leaking despite the addition of hard plastic for the abs.

Huh, I didnt know there were runs. I got mine through the DC Direct run, and mine has no leakage at all. So I had assumed they fixed the problem with the DC Direct batch. :dunno

Huh, I didnt know there were runs. I got mine through the DC Direct run, and mine has no leakage at all. So I had assumed they fixed the problem with the DC Direct batch. :dunno

Nope. Might want to check beneath the chest piece (make sure it's not melting), as well as the bicep area for oil. Leaking in the biceps has actually ruined the decal for the mesh in the shoulders.

Nope. Might want to check beneath the chest piece (make sure it's not melting), as well as the bicep area for oil. Leaking in the biceps has actually ruined the decal for the mesh in the shoulders.

Nope, mine has no melting/leakage. Guess Im one of the lucky ones?? :lol

Why is Batman being discussed here?

Let's talk Supes! Batman's got his own page! Sorry, hundred, thousands of pages! So let's not get hijacked!

Soo, to get back to Supes, even though it's really lacking, and I'm disappointed unless it's heavily modified, it's still a childhood dream come true.

Got two on pre orders from Onesixthbruce but was feeling bad not to get an exclusive, so I decided to buy one from Sideshow (even though I'd promised never to buy again from them since the closure of the European warehouse -but it's the last time, promised! :D) and with my myriad reward points, I got one for $99 (that's only €67!)! :D

Great deal I guess! :D

Too bad ____ing customs fee will likely double the price... :(

I put my foot down on my woman!

I told her that I bought 2 and that's that....end of story..final!

She said nope, only 1 was allowed.

I immediately cancelled the second one :monkey2

I actually had that conversation with my wife too.

I presented it as an investment. If I had bought two DX02's and sold one of them, the DX02 I have now would have been "free". :)

I actually had that conversation with my wife too.

I presented it as an investment. If I had bought two DX02's and sold one of them, the DX02 I have now would have been "free". :)

I might resemble The Punisher, but my wife IS the Punisher :lol

Why is Batman being discussed here?

Let's talk Supes! Batman's got his own page! Sorry, hundred, thousands of pages! So let's not get hijacked!

Soo, to get back to Supes, even though it's really lacking, and I'm disappointed unless it's heavily modified, it's still a childhood dream come true.

Got two on pre orders from Onesixthbruce but was feeling bad not to get an exclusive, so I decided to buy one from Sideshow (even though I'd promised never to buy again from them since the closure of the European warehouse -but it's the last time, promised! :D) and with my myriad reward points, I got one for $99 (that's only €67!)! :D

Great deal I guess! :D

Too bad ____ing customs fee will likely double the price... :(

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: ____ that! If all we have to look forward to is this same, repetitive bull____ you guys have been spewing ad nauseum, back to Batman. :monkey1

You know, when I look at the pics of this figure, I'm amazed at how awesome it is. I did a google image search for "reeve superman" and a few pics of this were littered in with the photos of Reeve in his suit. When you look at the two next to each other, yes, the headsculpt could be a bit more full, yes it could look more like him. I get where people are coming from. Hot Toys sets the bar so high, and puts out such amazing stuff, people like to push them for perfection. But, everyone's idea of a perfect sculpt is different. All that being said, if it comes out exactly as the pics show, I will not be disappointed. They rarely disappoint. Everyone knows this.

Wll, I'm bored to death with Batman being discussed in almost all the threads. And this Batman craze has been going on and on for years!

I don't like Nolan's Batman, so I don't visit the Batman threads. It's pointless!

Now that Supes fan finally have something to discuss, you come and pollute it? Man, if you want to talk Batman, you've got the whole world for you, but please, leave this little space of Superman freedom intact. If you don't like us ranting about Supes, go elsewhere!

Now that Supes fan finally have something to discuss, you come and pollute it? Man, if you want to talk Batman, you've got the whole world for you, but please, leave this little space of Superman freedom intact. If you don't like us ranting about Supes, go elsewhere!

It was a welcome topic change from the douchy photoshops and incessant crybaby posts about "accuracy." Likewise, if you wanna continually whine and troll about the minute inaccuracies of the likeness, go elsewhere so we can get back to talking about this great figure!

Oh, like I said earlier, it's far from bad. Actually, if I hadn't gotten Sosa's sculpt, this might have been the best Supes around, but HT isn't cheap and that's why I think we can ask for perfection.

Now, that said, CR is probably one of the most difficult likeness to nail. If only they could modify this cross-eye problem, that would already be a huge leap forward...

You know, when I look at the pics of this figure, I'm amazed at how awesome it is. I did a google image search for "reeve superman" and a few pics of this were littered in with the photos of Reeve in his suit. When you look at the two next to each other, yes, the headsculpt could be a bit more full, yes it could look more like him. I get where people are coming from. Hot Toys sets the bar so high, and puts out such amazing stuff, people like to push them for perfection. But, everyone's idea of a perfect sculpt is different. All that being said, if it comes out exactly as the pics show, I will not be disappointed. They rarely disappoint. Everyone knows this.

now, that's what I want to discuss with you!

Something related to Supes! We may not have the same opinion about the sculpt, but at least, it's topic related. Leaking Bat isn't and doesn't belong in that thread.

... as for my opinion, unless the USA has become a totalitarian country, well, I'm entitled to it, and what makes a discussion a discussion is when people exchange arguments.

If this thread is just to be a shrine to "OOOOH, how marvelous HT is!", then this is not a discussion, but just a useless thread.

I value people with an opinion, not sycophants!

Likewise, if you wanna continually whine and troll about the minute inaccuracies of the likeness, go elsewhere so we can get back to talking about this great figure!

now, that's what I want to discuss with you!

Something related to Supes! We may not have the same opinion about the sculpt, but at least, it's topic related. Leaking Bat isn't and doesn't belong in that thread.

... as for my opinion, unless the USA has become a totalitarian country, well, I'm entitled to it, and what makes a discussion a discussion is when people exchange arguments.

If this thread is just to be a shrine to "OOOOH, how marvelous HT is!", then this is not a discussion, but just a useless thread.

I value people with an opinion, not sycophants!

But you've already stated it... repeatedly. Do you think continually whining about it here is gonna change anything HT does to the figure? Do you think you're gonna sway anybody's opinion of the figure? That's a big NO to both. Additionally, the reason you're paying more has to do with the donation included in the purchase price. It was the cost of getting the Reeve likeness (whether you approve or not). So any _____ing about the price is pathetic as well.

Look, I'm sorry, that was easy and uncalled for...

So, back to zero?

Let's discuss Supes rather than fight!

So a question. Is it me or the kryptonite was completely transparent in the film? Like Matty did? This kryptonite reminds me more of Smallville.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back