1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

You won't be hearing any 'this only looks 25% like Christopher Reeve', or 'that yellow ain't right', or 'those boots aren't high enough', or 'the S is 5% too small' crap from a 6-year old :lol

Mentally or physically 6 years old?

If I remember correctly the cape had ties that went under Reeve's arms so that the weight of the cape wasn't actually at the neck.

was I the only child that cared what condition his toys were in?

CW-ChrisReeve-portrait-6.jpg

Wow. That's one of the best pics I've seen of Reeve as Superman. thanks for posting.

Do you like any Tim Burton films?

Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Edward Scissorhands
Beetlejuice
Ed Wood
Mars Attacks!
Sleepy Hollow

I haven't really seen anything since Sleepy Hollow. I think the best piece of work he was involved in was James & The Giant Peach.

Voorhees27 said:
I can't remember the est. release date/qtr.

4th quarter. Hopefully more like October than December.

Im hoping for a Nov or EARLY Dec release, to guarantee to be under the xmas tree for my daughter. Or Im gonna have to dig someone up and wheel him next to the tree. (hides from the rocks thrown at me :lol)

was I the only child that cared what condition his toys were in?

You're not alone man.

Just about all of my transformers are still in very good condition. I still have the instruction sheets to most of my Beast Wars as well.

Oh always had my figures on display. Though when I was younger, display was just the window seal :lol

Some of the nitpicks here regarding the suit details - and quite frankly, even the sculpt - are ridiculous. I think it looks great and I can't wait to get this figure.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Edward Scissorhands
Beetlejuice
Ed Wood
Mars Attacks!
Sleepy Hollow

I haven't really seen anything since Sleepy Hollow. I think the best piece of work he was involved in was James & The Giant Peach.

I can't remember what you're replying to, but did you like all these movies and NOT the Batman films?

Granted, I think Burton's had some misses here and there (stupid Alice in Wonderland... I felt like I was cheated into seeing that movie), but Batman and Batman Returns are classic Burton, imo.

What's holding me back (other than the price) in getting the Hot Toys figures is that it's not really "the" depiction of Batman for me, and neither are the Nolan films... but they're still great Burton films... and that darn image of a World's Finest '80s movie display is haunting me...

I'm not gonna say I see him when I don't!

It's a perfect Curt Swann Superman but unless the lighting is very wrong on those pics, I keep trying to see Reeve in it.

I just don't care whether the boots aren't the right length, or the S is wrong size or color, but man, the sculpt is what makes the figure!

Clearly I must not be looking at the Hot Toys Superman. 25% accuracy? Wow, just shocking!! :)

I'm not gonna say I see him when I don't!

It's a perfect Curt Swann Superman but unless the lighting is very wrong on those pics, I keep trying to see Reeve in it.

I just don't care whether the boots aren't the right length, or the S is wrong size or color, but man, the sculpt is what makes the figure!

I don't know, I feel like I've got pretty high standards when it comes to this sort of thing, but I don't agree. The sculpt is obviously Reeves.

Some of the press photos look - I don't know, photoshopped, or something? - but others looks spot on.

Examples:

How the head sculpt really looks at that angle
IMG_9450.JPG

I don't know, but I'm sure not. They made him with the eyes looking up so they would be looking pretty much forward in a flying pose, for what I can only imagine is that reason, Hot Toys has constantly been posing the figure with it's head slightly down. The official pic (and a lot of unofficial ones) that were taken head on show the face down at a slight angle, distorting it some. At Comic Con, I looked at this guy nose to nose, and he looks just like Christopher Reeve to me. IMO the headsculpt is at least as good as either T-800, Sweeney Todd, or the DX Jack Sparrow.
I'm not going to convert anybody with this photo, I'm sure. I'm not press, so I didn't bring a professional camera, and I couldn't get a close-up photo without the glass, but I still feel like this pic does a better job showing what how his face actually looks than Hot Toys' offical photos or most of the other photos going around the net.
DSC05286.jpg

I'm not going to hold it against anybody if they keep criticizing this thing because they don't see what I saw...again, I'll be the first to admit this pic could be a lot better.

These look like Reeve to me.

Last edited:

Now sure, when I said 25% ccuracy, I was exagerating, but it's off.

All this reminds me of the HT Blade. Some people said it was great, I was among those saying it was off. Bought it all the same because I like the movie.

The figure is great and I'm glad I have it, but I still try to see Snipes there.

So I guess I'll probably like the final Supes even though, like Blade, I will keep dreaming about what could have been.

But I like CR Supes to much to pass on this. Just wish I could find a way to paint as well as they do and replace the head with Eric Sosa's sculpt! That would be a figure. But no way I can ever match the paint job, so, off Reeve it will be and remain! :(

... unless the in hand fig proves me wrong that is! I didn't have the privilege to actually see it, and sure, it changes a lot of things!!!
I don't know, I feel like I've got pretty high standards when it comes to this sort of thing, but I don't agree. The sculpt is obviously Reeves.

Some of the press photos look - I don't know, photoshopped, or something? - but others looks spot on.

Back