1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Yah I dont know, maybe it was altered for the photo shoot for the display?

Didn't people's children meet Christopher Reeves back in those days in the suit? I remember tv shows about it... pretty sure Jim'll Fix It had it at one time. I remember it looking just like that big shot above.

I can't see movie magic like that back in those days on regular tv.

At the age of 7 - 10 wanting to meet Superman was like wanting to meet Santa Claus. It was such a magical time. Reminds me of that Youtube clip when someone was dressed up in The Dark Knight costume in New York? where 4 - 9 years olds hugged him. Their faces were ecstatic :D

That magic doesn't quite seem to exist the same nowadays in todays upcoming generations?... everything is questioned, revealed, spoiled and ruined.

I can't wait to get my Supes so I won't have the impulse to look in this thread ever again. :pray:

I can't wait to get my Supes so I won't have the impulse to look in this thread ever again. :pray:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjL-7uQijw4"]Frasier Analyzing The Laughter[/ame]

yep just waiting for OMG's pics of this bad boy then waiting to actually have it in hand.

Though the "fun" part will be when the first (very bad) in hand pics come and how many of the same whining folks will come in here with the "I told you so" or "it looks even worse than before". then we get OMG's and probably Watermelon's pics that show the real awesomeness of this figure and those former whiners will most likely say how their whining convinced HT to redo the sculpt if it even had changed.

I think those days will be even better than these :monkey1

Have these hit HK yet or is there still a ways to go? I can't remember the est. release date/qtr.

any1 knows what month this is be released?

yep just waiting for OMG's pics of this bad boy then waiting to actually have it in hand.

Though the "fun" part will be when the first (very bad) in hand pics come and how many of the same whining folks will come in here with the "I told you so" or "it looks even worse than before". then we get OMG's and probably Watermelon's pics that show the real awesomeness of this figure and those former whiners will most likely say how their whining convinced HT to redo the sculpt if it even had changed.

I think those days will be even better than these :monkey1

Some of them still won't shut up. Hell, I've already got somebody in mind.

Have these hit HK yet or is there still a ways to go? I can't remember the est. release date/qtr.
4th Qrt. I think HTC said December but that was awhile ago. Could be november.I know Cap is set for Nov. release and the Suckerpunch girls are set for October I believe

:lecture

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Is it me? :D

Lol

But yeah I agree the pattern is very predictable - initial pics will look crap, OMGs will look great, then more crap.. Then somewhat of a consensus view will begin to emerge ... Until a custom comes along then then rewind and rehash whole saga

Yes that's how life works in these parts love it or hate it

Is it me? :D

Lol

Yes and yes.

But yeah I agree the pattern is very predictable - initial pics will look crap, OMGs will look great, then more crap.. Then somewhat of a consensus view will begin to emerge ... Until a custom comes along then then rewind and rehash whole saga

You're no angel yourself.

Yes that's how life works in these parts love it or hate it

Brought to you by SSF.

Yeah not saying I'm not guilty of it in fact I know I'm amongst the chief offenders of the 'whining' but fact is I tell it how I see it - if it doesn't look good to me it doesn't look up to scratch to me then I'll say it and conversely if it looks amazing to me I'll praise it, simples

Can't wait till this figure is on the shelf. I'll be glad to have not only the greatest Reeve Superman figure but the greatest Superman collectible ever created.

Sad that others will only find the faults when looking at it on their shelf.

Can't wait till this figure is on the shelf. I'll be glad to have not only the greatest Reeve Superman figure but the greatest Superman collectible ever created.

Sad that others will only find the faults when ranting about ridiculous ebay prices and sniveling for "reasonably priced" figure in WTB thread.

Fixed for accuracy. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

i just know memories will come rushing back when this beauty gets here and is floating above my work table. i'll be 6 years old all over again.

i just know memories will come rushing back when this beauty gets here and is floating above my work table. i'll be 6 years old all over again.

Best give this figure a miss, the thought of this figure in the hands of a 6 year old!:panic:

Is that how the cape was held on?

How do you get away with no bumps... as well as stopping the cape pulling the blue towards the neck so tightly if it never had the strap. I remember trying this when I was 7. It did not go well. Safety pins below the red towel. :rotfl

CW-ChrisReeve-portrait-6.jpg

I believe it was snapped together from underneath.

Best give this figure a miss, the thought of this figure in the hands of a 6 year old!:panic:

You won't be hearing any 'this only looks 25% like Christopher Reeve', or 'that yellow ain't right', or 'those boots aren't high enough', or 'the S is 5% too small' crap from a 6-year old :lol

Back