1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

No, I'm just saying trying to apply real logic to Superman's powers, suit, etc., is overthinking it and not only unnecessary, but ridiculous. I think your last sentence sums it up best, to basically check your brain at the door and enjoy the ride.

Any good fiction should follow it's own internal logic, otherwise one cannot easily suspend disbelief. But to put real world logic on fantasy/sci-fi/superhero stories is pointless.

Any good fiction should follow it's own internal logic, otherwise one cannot easily suspend disbelief. But to put real world logic on fantasy/sci-fi/superhero stories is pointless.
In general, I agree. . .except that some works like Gaiman's Sandman or Grant Morrison's Invisibles, or some of the writing of T.S. Eliot, Samuel Beckett, or Virginia Woolf can sometimes follow a very loose, abstract form of logic or not follow anything approaching logic at all (apart from that imposed by the reader) and still be engrossing and allow you to be sucked into the story. Also, good "science fiction" is frequently based on actual "real world" logic. Hence the science part.

But apart from that, agree 100% :D

I can see that is more accurate blakus939 but then things could always be more accurate and this is still a rocking likeness.

IF they decided to tweak it then, I cannot see the neck or eye sisze changing as that would be too difficult to correct on the putty. But the cheek bones and mouth could be done I think.

But even so, I am still stoked by this figure so it's much of a muchness to me!

Oh totally, it's a sterling representation and the first HT figure I'll be buying all year, but I just saw the chop and was stoked enough to say that I wouldn't exactly hate it if they could do that :D :yess::exactly:
Even if not, it'll be a great base for customizers to modify on, who want as close as perfection as possible.

2432608693_8a6aa7a195.jpg

The tag said "Produced from genuine Kryptonian fabric" right under "Made in Vietnam" on the tag?

Maybe I should have used cold water and a different detergent?:dunno

GOD DAYMN !!! Have you seen the Hot Toys Harry Osborne sculpt from Spiderman 3 ? They got the likeness spot on with that one but they cant get Indy and Supes !? How the FOOK does that work !? I have not even one single nitpick about the Hob Goblin sculpt....its spot on James Franco !!! Hot Toys has no excuse in not getting the head sculpts 100% bang on right when they produce sculpts like Hob Gob !!!

GOD DAYMN !!! Have you seen the Hot Toys Harry Osborne sculpt from Spiderman 3 ? They got the likeness spot on with that one but they cant get Indy and Supes !? How the FOOK does that work !? I have not even one single nitpick about the Hob Goblin sculpt....its spot on James Franco !!! Hot Toys has no excuse in not getting the head sculpts 100% bang on right when they produce sculpts like Hob Gob !!!

Yeah the Franco sculpt is good, but it's far from perfect, especially when we go by the standards set by the critics of this sculpt.

I'm with you!!!!!

No excuses Hot Toys - FIX crossed-eyed Tom Cruise Superman and make him 100% Reeve or else I'll, I'll, I'll - only buy one.

Last edited:

He isn't cross-eyed, and he doesn't look like Tom Cruise. When did people become such dumbasses?

i think reeve looks awesome and i have a few ordered. its amazing to me that people can nitpick this beauty.

:goodpost:

So by that rational, you shouldn't have any issues with the Reeve suit then given it's Kryptonian, aka alien fabric. :dunno

Yeah, I said so... :monkey1
Still, the high-tech look looks better to me. :monkey3
It's no biggie though, as long as the dude wearing the suit can actually pull it off convincingly, which is just what Reeve did.
However, I still like the Routh costume better than the Reeve costume.

Back