MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark 1 has a full TT inside of it so that is 30+ articulation points... most are rendered non functioning or repeated with the exterior armour.

Preordered! :yess: I was expecting this to be $500+, ecstatic thats It's comin in at around $450. :blissy

I was thinking more like $350, to be honest. :monkey3

Looks incredible, though. I nearly shat myself when I saw the pictures on HT's Facebook last night. Thank goodness I'm not too big of an IM fan (that is, enough to buy HT figures). I'll admit it's amazing to finally see the official pics and specs.

meh rather buy him now than pay a grand for him in a few years...tumbler anyone???

meh rather buy him now than pay a grand for him in a few years...tumbler anyone???

EXACTLY! I'm not making the same mistake again. That's the reason I'm getting the Batmobile and possibly the ET T2. The way I see it, if I ever need to sell anything I can, at the VERY LEAST, get my money back!

ordered this at alter ego comics. I have time to save for him. I may cancel the Keaton Batman. Tired of Rubber figures anyway. This thing is awsome.

And where did HT ever state that a buisness-suited Stane figure will go with it and the head could pop off and get in the Monger? :lol

I understand that this is your pipe dream, but imo I wouldn't display a boring guy in a suit next to this monstah, and it would drive the price up even further. To each their own I guess.

It isn't stated anywhere, but it was just pure logic to me that no complete figure would be inside the Monger and therefor that no naked Obediah Stane would be in it either, so what outfit would you give him, IF you'd give him one?
Or what would your genius solution be when a convention picture is saying that a Stane figure would be included and otherwise you see part of Stane in the Monger?

This will cost me, including a monstrous amount on shipping, around three regular figures I'd say. I just can't seem to talk myself out of thinking that this is a reasonable trade.

Ironic is it not: That on the Day of HT's big announcement, the value of AUD dropped 5% against USD.... It'll be even more expensive for Aussies

i dont think this and the upcoming batmobile will worth the amount you guys are hoping for down the line, at best it will be breakeven.

back then hot toys wasnt as popular and there were far fewer people who bought the mk1/tumbler, not to mention they retailed at a lower price. Easy to confirm just look at all the newer ironman releases they are barely going above retail price. The only one that went up a bit in value is black widow because she wasnt a popular figure and not many bought her, then they found out she's in the avenger movie after soldout.

It isn't stated anywhere, but it was just pure logic to me that no complete figure would be inside the Monger and therefor that no naked Obediah Stane would be in it either, so what outfit would you give him, IF you'd give him one?
Or what would your genius solution be when a convention picture is saying that a Stane figure would be included and otherwise you see part of Stane in the Monger?

I guess 'Obediah figure' was just a mistranslation. ( lucky it was even spelled correctly) But they advertised Stane inside the Monger chest and thats exactly what they delivered. None of the other Ironman figures included extra body, only Tony sculpt. I think HT is trying to make this thing as cheap as possible (without just giving it away) so that means just the bare minimum.

Still it would have been nice if they had added a dress suit so we could build our own figure

EXACTLY! I'm not making the same mistake again. That's the reason I'm getting the Batmobile and possibly the ET T2. The way I see it, if I ever need to sell anything I can, at the VERY LEAST, get my money back!

Same thinking dude, I screwed up on passing the tumbler and batpod thinking they were too expensive back then. Now I hit myself everytime I see a batmobile auction end at 1g or higher...

Back