MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forbidden Planet lost several HT orders from me when I discovered how long they take to get stuff in stock and that I could get them cheaper elsewhere.

I only use them for Classic Doctor Who figures now which I don't have much choice with as they're exclusive to them.

I swapped the batteries on Monger's left arm today and breathed a sigh of relief when everything worked OK as after reading about faulty lights from a few people here I didn't want the hassle and expense of having to send mine back for a replacement.

Last edited:
I swapped the batteries on Monger's left arm today and breathed a sigh of relief when everything worked OK as after reading about faulty lights from a few people here I didn't want the hassle and expense of having to send mine back for a replacement.

Oh that's good. Shipping this sucker back is a killer.

Lookie what I got today. Sadly it's pink and not read so I may get the send a red one but for what I paid for it, I think it's pretty cool.

IMAG2478.jpg

Oh that's good. Shipping this sucker back is a killer.

Lookie what I got today. Sadly it's pink and not read so I may get the send a red one but for what I paid for it, I think it's pretty cool.

IMAG2478.jpg

Yeah, I saw what it cost you. I would have done it if necessary but it's £50 or so that can now be used towards paying off one of the pre-orders for the last couple of Avengers which I got on FlexPay type schemes.

Starting 2013 by recieving this has got me wondering if I've already peaked in terms of HT purchases but the various Avengers characters should also be great.

I got one today too. It's pretty pink-ish. It's due to the way they paint them. Looking inside the neck on mine you can see they start with a nice shiny metallic silver undercoat, then spray transparent red over the top. Not a thick enough coat of the red = pink.

I was planning to redetail/repaint mine anyway (proper scrapes, etc) so I'll just add a recoat with some Tamiya transparent red to the to-do list.

where do you guys order your HTs? my contact has gone missing and I don't like the people that deal in my area...plus the taxes kill

where do you guys order your HTs? my contact has gone missing and I don't like the people that deal in my area...plus the taxes kill

I love alter ego and bigbadtoystore, but bbts does an incredible packaging job...i too live in ca, so i just use those two unless I really want the exclusive, then its on ssc.

With monger, only bbts has him stock, so that benefited me. If it wasnt for the fact he will be a gift, I might have just flexed payed him myself...

I love alter ego and bigbadtoystore, but bbts does an incredible packaging job...i too live in ca, so i just use those two unless I really want the exclusive, then its on ssc.

With monger, only bbts has him stock, so that benefited me. If it wasnt for the fact he will be a gift, I might have just flexed payed him myself...

I second that.

AE and bbts will take the shipping box of your figure and place it into another outer brown shipper which helps by adding that additional protection to the art box. These people understand what it means to be a figure/statue collector.

Too bad I can't say the same for places like toyanxiety. :(
I told them I would gladly pay extra to have that extra outer brown shipper, but they questioned the need to do it and refused.

wtf guys, my monger's machine gun led doenst light up, the repulsor lights up but the machinegun doesntt, dont they have the same switch?

Back