MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the kind words on my video / Pics :hi5:

Spent some time last night putting together my display from the first Iron Man movie. I really wish I'd picked up a couple more of these display cases before they sold out :gah:

P1010796.jpg

P1010783.jpg

The Monger is a beast :)

Bob

Amazing setup! :clap

Spent some time last night putting together my display from the first Iron Man movie. I really wish I'd picked up a couple more of these display cases before they sold out :gah:

P1010796.jpg

P1010783.jpg

Bob

Awesome display Bob! :yess:

And awesome collection @ Cocoboloboy! :clap

i just pulled the trigger and POéd this through an Aussie Etailer.$95 deposit-$475 price!!!
too hard to resist.this will be the Dewback to the Iron Man collection for me ;)

P1010796.jpg

P1010783.jpg

Bob

Your lighted Lucite case fills me with a fulminating envy I find impossible to control!!!! Where do you get those things?!!!

But seriously, awesome display.

argh...my ht budget is already taken with po's but im seriously contemplating selling off my entire marvel universe collection for this guy

I'm selling this guy if anyone's interested...brand new from Sideshow with shipper. Never removed from wrapping or box, just briefly opened to inspect. PM me if you're interested. :)

P1010796.jpg

P1010783.jpg

Bob

Holy **** balzs that's a cool looking setup :horror :thud: :clap

Am I the only one still waiting to see someone turn Iron Monger into a Hulk Buster?
For me he already works as a pseudo Hulk Buster (like one could imagine someone repurposing the suit or Monger and Hulk crossing paths, so it'd still make for an epic display) but it's difficult to see anyone repainting him red and gold, if that's what you mean? I think the other problem, aside from the helmet being totally wrong, would be the gritty metal texture Monger has. Wouldn't work with the sleek finish I associate w/Iron Man (aside from Mark I). That said, anyone with the resources and talent to risk taking Monger apart and repainting it could make it look really good, I'm sure.

I got mine this morning and it was a real "Holy Crap!" moment when I removed him from the packaging for the first time and saw just how incredible the figure is.

The cliche about things never looking the same in pictures or video footage as they do in person is overused in this hobby but it's certainly applicable with IM.

The paintjob is out of this world, the engineering is fantastic and even if it's not quite true 1:6 the scale and bulk of the piece is jawdropping....I stood my Mark I & II in front of them and it really hit home just how impressive an achievement this is by HT.

The only slight niggle was that one of the hand repulsors was flickering straight away so I'm guessing it's a crappy battery so no big deal although I hate loosening those tiny screws on the battery covers.

The easiest 10/10 I've ever given any of my purchases.

EDIT
ironmantrio.jpg

Last edited:
Great set up Silent Bob :hi5:

FOTY...YES!!! Bob great display!

Amazing setup! :clap

Awesome display Bob! :yess:

Thanks guys !!!! :hi5:

Your lighted Lucite case fills me with a fulminating envy I find impossible to control!!!! Where do you get those things?!!!

But seriously, awesome display.

Many Thanks :)
Yeah, it's a medium Maybang case which were sold through Sideshow for a while. I caved and got one specifically for my Monger just before Christmas and on receiving it really wanted a large one too, but now they are sold out

They are pricey, shipping is a killer (esp to the UK) and they pick up fingerprints like CSI have been in your house, but look SO good when set up ! Hopefully with them selling so well they will get a re-stock

Holy **** balzs that's a cool looking setup :horror :thud: :clap

LMAO!!! Thanks buddy

I got mine this morning and it was a real "Holy Crap!" moment when I removed him from the packaging for the first time and saw just how incredible the figure is.

The cliche about things never looking the same in pictures or video footage as they do in person is overused in this hobby but it's certainly applicable with IM.

The paintjob is out of this world, the engineering is fantastic and even if it's not quite true 1:6 the scale and bulk of the piece is jawdropping....I stood my Mark I & II in front of them and it really hit home just how impressive an achievement this is by HT.

The only slight niggle was that one of the hand repulsors was flickering straight away so I'm guessing it's a crappy battery so no big deal although I hate loosening those tiny screws on the battery covers.

The easiest 10/10 I've ever given any of my purchases.

EDIT
ironmantrio.jpg

You got him today mate,that's excellent news !!! :yess: He is a fantastic figure that really needs to be seen to be fully appreciated.

Many congrats my friend !!

Bob

Silent Bob,
Thanks man, I slightly questioned my sanity just after ordering it but now it's here I have no regrets at all. Not having to pay a customs charge was a nice bonus so loontentoys will be getting top feedback :)

Would I have liked to have got it from the same seller when the pre-order first happened and it was £320 as opposed to paying £380? Absolutely.

But it wasn't financially possible for me to do so back then so all things considered I think I did the right thing making it my top priority for collectibles in 2013 as the price will only get higher.

Centurion,
Glad you like my display, like a lot of people I'm hoping for a 2.0 of the Mark III to complete the armors from the first Iron Man movie as I don't want to buy one of the older ones as the chance of getting one without the fading issue isn't great.

Back