MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow_glass_gif.gif

The Kid's in rare form tonight.

One of the factors I decided to go with Cornerstore on this one is the ability to pick it up. One: NO chance of the figure or the box getting dinged by the carrier. Two: I'll be able to inspect everything before pickup and exchange immediately if anything goes wrong. For this price I certainly want it to be perfect.

Waiting for Toys 2 price. I'm sure (or at least I hope) it will be lower than SSC with the plus side of local pickup.

it's $395 here in south eash asia. while i think the price is fair, i still cant pull the triger. have to remind myself these:

- is iron monger really such a great villain? no, joker this ain't.
- so, is the design all that great? not really, no. seen more impressive robots.
- what else is coming out next year? avengers(easily 6-7 ht figs there) & dark knight rises(bat, catwoman, bane, ra's, gordon)

while it is impressive in size, to me personally... character > size anyday. if it has to be huge and be a centerpiece in the collection, it better be an iconic badass character. for $400 i'd rather take a 1/4 joker or a 1/4 man in plain suit like godfather or something. that's just me.

Last edited:
- so, is the design all that great? not really, no. seen more impressive robots.

What other 1/6 robots have boasted 60 points of articulation or more, light up, and feature a cockpit that opens to reveal a sculpt?

- what else is coming out next year?... dark knight rises(bat, catwoman, bane, ra's, gordon)

Iron Monger is infinitely better than Catwoman, Bane, Ra's or Gordon.

Last edited:
it's $395 here in south eash asia. while i think the price is fair, i still cant pull the triger. have to remind myself these:

- what else is coming out next year? avengers(easily 6-7 ht figs there) & dark knight rises(bat, catwoman, bane, ra's, gordon)

while it is impressive in size, to me personally... character > size anyday. if it has to be huge and be a centerpiece in the collection, it better be an iconic badass character. for $400 i'd rather take a 1/4 joker or a 1/4 man in plain suit like godfather or something. that's just me.

Nah, it's not just you, I'm having the same problem with Iron Monger. It is undoubtedly an impressive figure. But unless you're a real IM fan, or you're awestruck by the design, why would you buy it but for bragging rights on a toy forum? If I knew that 2012 was going to be a lean year for new releases I'd bite on this for sure. But people thought 2011 was going to be pretty lean before SDCC and all the Q3/Q4 announcements and then look what happened. Last thing I want is to be saddled with a figure that makes it harder to grab ones I really want in 2012. I still haven't talked myself out of this one altogether, but I'm trying :)

What other 1/6 robots have boasted 60 points of articulation or more, light up, and feature a cockpit that opens to reveal a sculpt?

https://mechashock.com/price/super-armored-fighting-suit-s-a-f-s-awesomeness/

...and it's all yours for only $1172! (plus shipping :lol)

Last edited:
Nah, it's not just you, I'm having the same problem with Iron Monger. It is undoubtedly an impressive figure. But unless you're a real IM fan, or you're awestruck by the design, why would you buy it but for bragging rights on a toy forum? If I knew that 2012 was going to be a lean year for new releases I'd bite on this for sure. But people thought 2011 was going to be pretty lean before SDCC and all the Q3/Q4 announcements and then look what happened. Last thing I want is to be saddled with a figure that makes it harder to grab ones I really want in 2012. I still haven't talked myself out of this one altogether, but I'm trying :)

That actually looks very impressive, and dare I say it, better designed and executed in 1/6 figure than the Monger:monkey1:lol

Psh Obi is way better. What other villain rides to work on a segway and looks bad ass doing it?

The answer is no one :lecture

You bring up some good points. I still love the way this guy looks, and the awe and spectale of it,but I figure there are alot of figuress coming out next year, and I would rather get more figures that mean more to me rather than a villain, who was soso. Which doesnt takea way from the spectacle of it, but at 400, you can get an 89 batman fig and someone else. Or a tron lightcycle and someone else. Iono.

I agree w/ some of your points, however to me, I still have my original Iron Man comics and have the one where Stark battled Stane as the Monger. I love Iron Man and this is a must have for me - provided I can save some funds!

It's ironic how the economy is in the crapper right now w/ people getting laid off and saving money and what not, and we are here ordering $500 pieces of plastic as collectibles! Weird huh?

Iron Monger is infinitely better than Catwoman, Bane, Ra's or Gordon.
you're saying you've never seen a more impressive robot than iron monger, which is essentially a clunkier bulkier copy of the ironman mark design? boasting over articulations mean little to me, since i dont need to play with my toys.

as for monger better than the cast of tdkr... if you mean visually, then yes.. a large shiny robot is going to look more impressive to any geek's eyes than a bunch of regular looking humans. but these humans are characters from a nolan bat film, while iron monger is mediocre villain. n like i said, to me... character > size, anyday.

that's just my own reasoning, since i cant afford all and have to pick and choose. but if you prefer monger, fine. congrats to all who are getting this.

thx for the link. seen that one, but seen better designed armor suits/robots than iron monger in many anime. whether they're made into exiting toys or not, i dont know.

HT The Dude in a Suit > all HT figures ever made:lecture
let me correct this: the real dude from lebowski > bald dude in suit or dude in white jedi robe.

let me put it another way: for $400, i'd sooner get a 1/4 dude, with carpet and bowling ball, over a bald head of the dude surrounded by huge tin can.

Back