MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tracker is $110USD now, HT is really cheap here. As more HT fans are getting out of the hobby due to HT remaking figures.:monkey1
poed my tracker for $165. who would have thought it would happen that buying late > pre-ordering, when it comes to ht pred? feels like i'm in a bizarro world.

Cr those anime robots you referred to, have any of them been produced as 1/6 collectibles?
i'm sure some have toys & models made out of them. but i think they're mostly in smaller scale than 1/6 though, i cant be sure since i dont follow japanese toys much. or how about the mech suit from d9? it's anime inspired(director is huge fan of patlabor) and look cooler than monger. imo, of course.

i meant the prawn exo-suit, of course:

d9toy_04.jpg

director did a short film that features another robot looking a lot like this robo-cop from patlabor:
patlaborIngramCMswallpaper3.jpg

that's the 1/1 mech suit of ingram.

Never heard of the prawn exo-suit before but imo it's a bit frail and I prefer the bulked look for my ass kicking robots :lecture

The second picture is pretty cool though :D

dont want this thread to be a pissing contest about which mech suit is cooler. but you asked, so i thought i'd share a bit.

but what r u talking you've never heard of the prawn exo??? go. see. district 9. NOW. :mad:

you'll thank me later. :)

The prawn exo suit is so sweet! Love that grav gun!

Though you did say asian robots and that sir is alien. :nana:

dont want this thread to be a pissing contest about which mech suit is cooler. but you asked, so i thought i'd share a bit.

but what r u talking you've never heard of the prawn exo??? go. see. district 9. NOW. :mad:

you'll thank me later. :)
:lol

I've seen that film but it was awhile ago & I forgot all about this mech. I know a lot of people are crazy for that film but it was so so for me. :monkey3

The prawn exo suit is so sweet! Love that grav gun!

freeze frame in 1:53, and zoom in to upper left thigh of the exo. it clearly says 'made in china'.

I've seen that film but it was awhile ago & I forgot all about this mech. I know a lot of people are crazy for that film but it was so so for me. :monkey3
that's cool. i happen to be one of those crazies. :)

for $400, i'd sooner get a 1/4 dude, with carpet and bowling ball, over a bald head of the dude surrounded by huge tin can.

Yes, but I'd sooner get a 1/4 dude than just about anything.

it's funny how some people who is not buying a figure has so many opinions on that said figure and wants you to buy their opinions about why they are not buying said figure.

just post 'pass' and move on.

Why not just call out Cr' for what you see as invalid commentary? This passive-aggressive bent to your post is unnecessary. I don't agree with the sentiment either; personally, I think these threads are better off if there's broad discussion about a figure. Do you really want each and every thread to be a fanboy love-in where everyone forms a circle of mutual tug-o'love over a given figure? We need some balance to the hype IMO. As someone who's undecided about whether to pick this up, I value the different opinions.

that's still too many words. kajobaldisimo won't have it. just say one word: 'pass'. or 'bought' if you like it.

undecided, which kind of proves my point, above :lol

...but what r u talking you've never heard of the prawn exo??? go. see. district 9. NOW. :mad: you'll thank me later. :)

I am ashamed to say I have not yet seen District 9. I will now watch it this weekend and I'm pretty sure I'll be thanking you later :)

The Monger will generate $24 in awards points savings if my math is correct,
towards future purchases.
So, it's really $456 + shipping from Sideshow.
*use the FLEX, Luke*

not a bad way of looking at it. except 456 is still more than cornerstore and alter ego... so... why?

I may miss out on this but I want to see more in hand pictures. The SDCC pictures it looks like plastic to me. I think they could've picked a better paint application.

Just for fun I measured 17 inches to see tall this thing would be. And you figure it's probably as wide as the folder in the picture. This thing really will require a re-analysis of display space.

IMG_20110924_100447.jpg

I've actually never bought from either of those sources; Do they have a 'flexpay' type option?

no they dont. but i love CSC. if i ever receive anything not up to par they replace it immediatly and they also somtimes ship even before sideshow, they get their stock from them, but while ss is busy shipping to stores, rather than customers, csc gets their stock, and gets it out the door to you,

the design is not poor, it's just 'meh'. not lousy, but nothing special imo. it's essentially just a bulkier version of the sleek and lean mark II.

Nope. Time to rewatch "Iron Man", cr. Iron Monger is the Mark I on steroids. The Mark I was the template that Stain had to work with to create his mech, and since the Mark I was fashioned by an imprisoned Tony Stark in a cave in Afghanistan, there's a reason it looks crude and unrefined (it is also a direct nod to the original Iron man suit from the comics). The Iron Monger suit is meant to emphasize the brutality and lack of creativity of Obidiah; he lives in the shadow of Stark's genius. Iron Monger has the subtlety of a car crushing monster truck - and that's done intentionally by the movie makers. It is not sleek or elegant, nor is it meant to be. It is the embodiment of brute force, and as such is a great counterpoint to the wisecracking brilliance of Stark's super-sleek Iron Man. it is a WONDERFUL figure.

Oh, and I loved District 9 as well! :wink1:

Back