MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's $395 here in south eash asia. while i think the price is fair, i still cant pull the triger. have to remind myself these:

which part of south east asia are you referring to? in singapore, the price is about US$440. and in malaysia, it's about US$460.

^ it's in the same neighborhood. bigger in land mass but practically a dunkhole. cant tell you more for enemies are spying on me even as we speak.

Psh Obi is way better. What other villain rides to work on a segway and looks bad ass doing it?
yeah, backstabbing segway-riding stark-envying bald guy is a real badass, sure. so it's not because of the huge robot that he climbed into, then?

joker only need a white make-up and a purple coat, and he gets soooo much things done. :)

Last edited:
The Iron Monger piece is very impressive or at least I thought so seeing it in person. After seeing it I have no problem dropping that kind of coin on something that will be an eye catcher in person. Also I'm a big Iron Man fan and love the first movie so not getting this would be kind of dumb as a fan.

The Iron Monger piece is very impressive or at least I thought so seeing it in person. After seeing it I have no problem dropping that kind of coin on something that will be an eye catcher in person. Also I'm a big Iron Man fan and love the first movie so not getting this would be kind of dumb as a fan.

:exactly:

I've wanted an Iron Monger statue/fig ever since seeing the film so this will be mine! :yess:

My only issue with it will be where to put it...but I'll worry about that later.

Worse comes to worst, I'll just move into a bigger place.

you're saying you've never seen a more impressive robot than iron monger, which is essentially a clunkier bulkier copy of the ironman mark design? boasting over articulations mean little to me, since i dont need to play with my toys.

You said the "design is not all that great" and you've seen "more impressive robots" so I asked which 1/6 robots are designed better and are more impressive - and you haven't mentioned any. I'm seriously interested in what other robots in 1/6 you feel are so much better.

Having 60+ articulations takes an incredible amount of design from an engineering stand point, idk how you could think otherwise but since you feel that this design is so poor than what 1/6 robots are designed so much better in your opinion?

as for monger better than the cast of tdkr... if you mean visually, then yes.. a large shiny robot is going to look more impressive to any geek's eyes than a bunch of regular looking humans. but these humans are characters from a nolan bat film, while iron monger is mediocre villain. n like i said, to me... character > size, anyday.

You say "Nolan Bat film" like it's the Godfather :lol

The Monger displays better than those 4 human TDK characters put together imo. But then again if you want to display commissioner Gordon or other humans that's your right, visualizing that display is just boring for me.

that's just my own reasoning, since i cant afford all and have to pick and choose. but if you prefer monger, fine. congrats to all who are getting this.

I'm with you here, the price of almost every HT line is going up while they pump out figures at an exponential rate, forcing most collector's to choose characters or lines very carefully. I'll get a break when the Avenger line starts pumping b/c I could care less, but for others I can see why they'd pass on this and be preparing for that onslaught in the very near future.

Segway riding > anything joker ever did. :lecture
using that rationale, then this guy is cooler than the joker:

WozSegway.jpeg

I've wanted an Iron Monger statue/fig ever since seeing the film so this will be mine! :yess:

Yeah, can't believe it took this long for someone to make something of this character.

My only issue with it will be where to put it...but I'll worry about that later.

Worse comes to worst, I'll just move into a bigger place.

Yeah, he's a space hog. So you might need the bigger place. :lol

You said the "design is not all that great" and you've seen "more impressive robots" so I asked which 1/6 robots are designed better and are more impressive - and you haven't mentioned any. I'm seriously interested in what other robots in 1/6 you feel are so much better.

Having 60+ articulations takes an incredible amount of design from an engineering stand point, idk how you could think otherwise but since you feel that this design is so poor than what 1/6 robots are designed so much better in your opinion?
the design is not poor, it's just 'meh'. not lousy, but nothing special imo. it's essentially just a bulkier version of the sleek and lean mark II. i've seen better designs. whether that have been made into a 1/6 toy or not is besides the point. better designs are out there. check out the mech suits in patlabor, ghost in the shell STC, or any other sci-fi anime. when it comes to designing robots & mech suits, i'm sorry to say, the japanese's aesthetic is superior to american's aesthetic.

You say "Nolan Bat film" like it's the Godfather :lol

The Monger displays better than those 4 human TDK characters put together imo. But then again if you want to display commissioner Gordon or other humans that's your right, visualizing that display is just boring for me.
ok, i jumped too soon. we have yet to see ht's figs of all those characters. for all we know, they could be ht's worst. but in the event that they turn out great, then yeah, i'd sooner get any of them than a monger.

I'm with you here, the price of almost every HT line is going up while they pump out figures at an exponential rate, forcing most collector's to choose characters or lines very carefully. I'll get a break when the Avenger line starts pumping b/c I could care less, but for others I can see why they'd pass on this and be preparing for that onslaught in the very near future.
you "could care less"... now, you mean. by the time the full hype is in effect next year, with promo pics coming out every other week, it'd be hard to resist. :lol

not really an Iron Man fan, but will say the Iron Monger looks freaking cool... having seen in at SDCC was one thing, but to see it posed on the ST site takes it to a whole other level. as i am not a fan, i am doing everything i can to clear my head of it... but it has me tempted.

Thank you for helping my case :yess:

You may go now.
ah, i see.. no love for the joker here, eh. maybe if the writer give him a segway next time to counter the bat's batmobile then... :huh

the design is not poor, it's just 'meh'. not lousy, but nothing special imo. it's essentially just a bulkier version of the sleek and lean mark II. i've seen better designs. whether that have been made into a 1/6 toy or not is besides the point. better designs are out there. check out the mech suits in patlabor, ghost in the shell STC, or any other sci-fi anime. when it comes to designing robots & mech suits, i'm sorry to say, the japanese's aesthetic is superior to american's aesthetic.

First you compared Monger to the Mark1, which I kinda got but now you're comparing him to the Mark 2 which I don't see at all.

I don't follow those anime so I cannot comment on them, but what one finds aesthetically pleasing is really up to an individual - to say one is better than another is a bit biased imo.

you "could care less"... now, you mean. by the time the full hype is in effect next year, with promo pics coming out every other week, it'd be hard to resist. :lol
Honestly, I'll be fine. Can't have it all :lol

Last edited:
First you compared Monger to the Mark1, which I kinda got but now you're comparing him to the Mark 2 which I don't see at all.
never said mark 1. but mark 1 and monger are both earlier drafts of mark 2 (and 3), obviously. the mark 2 aesthetics are evident in monger.
I don't follow those anime so I cannot comment on them, but what 1 finds aesthetically pleasing is really up to an individual - to say one is better than another is a bit biased imo.
of course it's biased and subjective. taste is. :)

Honestly, I'll be fine. Can't have it all :lol
exactly.

Couldn't hurt :lecture
hahaha... i forgot i'm in marvel section here.

it's funny how some people who is not buying a figure has so many opinions on that said figure and wants you to buy their opinions about why they are not buying said figure.

just post 'pass' and move on.

I want to pick this one up so bad, but being that I just decide not to commit to the IM license I'll be passing on Monger. Too much on order in the coming months, so another costly item will have to go.

which part of south east asia are you referring to? in singapore, the price is about US$440. and in malaysia, it's about US$460.

should be in Indonesia then.

Its $385USD if you can pay upfront btw.

Tracker is $110USD now, HT is really cheap here. As more HT fans are getting out of the hobby due to HT remaking figures.:monkey1

Wow, the dealers in Singapore and Malaysia are raking in big money :lol

I want to pick this one up so bad, but being that I just decide not to commit to the IM license I'll be passing on Monger. Too much on order in the coming months, so another costly item will have to go.
that's still too many words. kajobaldisimo won't have it. just say one word: 'pass'. or 'bought' if you like it.

Back