1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. I'm not a big fan of the General Chompers sculpt, just like I'm not a fan of the Wolverine Chompers sculpt.

I'm in for this regardless b/c the armor looks incredibly done as does the helmet.

Really hoping HT does a Jor El armored version :pray: :drool

I will be curious how the Zod armor works out. I had no idea the armor was CG in the movie haha. I guess they decided it would be too cumbersome, so I imagine figure articulation will be difficult

I will be curious how the Zod armor works out. I had no idea the armor was CG in the movie haha. I guess they decided it would be too cumbersome, so I imagine figure articulation will be difficult

It was CG? Holy s*** I had no idea either! :rotfl

As for articulation you may be right, but that won't bother me much since I think they look awesome in neutral poses.

It was CG? Holy s*** I had no idea either! :rotfl

As for articulation you may be right, but that won't bother me much since I think they look awesome in neutral poses.

Totally CG! All armored men, even Jor-El are total CG. Faora's armor however was totally real! I tried to find pics online with not many out there. They show it extensively on the Man of Steel Blu ray. Michael Shannon looks downright silly in the motion tracking getup.

Man-of-Steel-BTS-Superman-Faora-Set-Pic-2.jpg

I was dithering on this.
I don't like the Jack Black face but i reckon Headplay or someone else will have an alternate sculpt done that actually looks like Shannon.
Just scored one for $180 shipped, so i am happy enough.
Here's hoping it will be out fairly soon.

Totally CG! All armored men, even Jor-El are total CG. Faora's armor however was totally real! I tried to find pics online with not many out there. They show it extensively on the Man of Steel Blu ray. Michael Shannon looks downright silly in the motion tracking getup.

Man-of-Steel-BTS-Superman-Faora-Set-Pic-2.jpg

:horror That's pretty crazy. Faora's was completely real though? Cool!

Understandable why Fiora's was real and Zod's wasn't. Fiora's armor is much less than Zod's, especially in the upper and lower torso. It would have made Shannon almost completely stiff in his movements.

As far as the figure goes, I'd imagine he will definitely have limited articulation, the poses they show the prototype in are pretty good though. I am not trying to have my Zod do yoga moves or anything LOL

so with the trend Hot Toys is on with early releases, I wonder if we could possible get Zod in March or possibly even February!!! It may be a bit of long shot with the complexity of the armor, but who know's maybe!!!

What's the odds the shipping delay is because HT is adding a third head sculpt. Like most, I pre ordered to complete the MoS collection (and the armor is pretty awesome)but that head sculpt really is ehh. If not, hope someone does a custom sculpt.

For the 157th time, there is no shipping delay. This is scheduled to be released Q2-Q3 2014.

The crow has been released and same as the Comedian the teeths are a bit weird.
Its too late and Zod will come with this HS but i hope some customizer will do a more regular sculpt.

where exactly did people start getting the notion that Zod was being delayed? If memory serves me this was originally estimated April and hasn't changed. If anything it's quite possible it will be bumped up just because so many other lines have been.

Once they are done with Celtic and MOS, next is MK 42 and then I think Zod is next in the batch of due outs!

Back