1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Almost want one of these to display with just the helmet head. Though I am a big fan of Shannon, this sculpt is really weird and hurting my desire to PO.

I see what they are trying to do, and it looks like what's in the film, in the sense that if you squint you'd think it's the same person.

but it also just looks forced and crappy. It doesn't look natural. It doesn't look alive like the Superman Sculpt, or the Reeves sculpt.

I'm in the same boat, the sculpt just isn't doing it for me. They should've just kept going with the neutral head sculpts for consistency's sake. Jor-el and Superman are close to perfect, this one kind of misses the mark. Maybe they'll release a "final battle" Zod with a neutral expression.

My vision must be going bad as I age.....I do not like Crowe / Jor El sculpt but love the Shannon / Zod sculpt and think Cavill / Supes is amazing :cuckoo:

I don't see how anyone could have an issue with the Jor-El sculpt. This looks like an actual photo.

1499503_10202025661895969_214621344_n.jpg

Pic courtesy of Gipetto.

I do want this figure just to complete my Man of Steel set but I do agree it's not exactly perfect. I feel like I'd be more inclined to buy it if it wasn't for the $244 price tag. For pretty much a bare bones figure it's a bit spendy, although the price isn't that surprising considering the research and development costs that probably went into the armor.

I love the Jor -El headsculpt. I think it's spot on. The General Zod "Shannon" sculpt is a bit off. From the side views it looks better, but straight on his face looks abit too round. Expressions like this I would imagine would be very difficult to emulate perfectly. I agree they should have stuck with a neutral expression or a somewhat less aggressive expression that wouldn't distort the facial features so much.

it is an actual photo......:lol

but it does look very good to me as well.

Just can't bring myself to order Zod, Even with the $20 coupon code. The moment I pre-order him they'll release the "final battle" version. :lol

They can and will probably be like evil supes. Black suit same head sculpt lol. Not that I would mind :lol

Hopefully the delay is for the headsculpt.

There is no delay, this is scheduled to be released in Q2-Q3 of 2014. But since Jor-el and Superman were both released early, I'm hoping the same happens with Zod.

Hopefully the delay is for the headsculpt.

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of the General Chompers sculpt, just like I'm not a fan of the Wolverine Chompers sculpt.

I'm in for this regardless b/c the armor looks incredibly done as does the helmet.

Really hoping HT does a Jor El armored version :pray: :drool

Back