1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snake Plissken is by Sideshow not HT. Ppl have been wanting an Alfred for YEARS. It's been like what 6-7years since TDK came out and they're barely getting arounf to Alfred :slap I'll buy Faora if and whenever she comes out but I'm definitely not holding my breath. if it happens, it happens

I know that Plissken is by Sideshow. I was using him as an example of a character that was a surprise announcement as Alfred was. I agree with you that Batman fans have been wanting an Alfred for years, just like Superman fans have been waiting years for a Terence Stamp Zod--or even a black robe version of Brando's Jor-El (another figure on my wishlist). If you doubt the dedication collectors have for Superman figures then look at what people are paying for the Brando Jor-El released in the Superman Returns line. The Reeve Superman movies are much older than Nolan's Batman trilogy so the priority obviously doesn't go by how long it's been since the movies were released. "If it happens, it happens" is a safe attitude to have when collecting these figures because it stops people from getting their hopes up only to be disappointed year after year when their favorite character isn't announced. However, with figures like Snake and Alfred being released at all I do have hope that my favorites will eventually get made.

I know that Plissken is by Sideshow. I was using him as an example of a character that was a surprise announcement as Alfred was. I agree with you that Batman fans have been wanting an Alfred for years, just like Superman fans have been waiting years for a Terence Stamp Zod--or even a black robe version of Brando's Jor-El (another figure on my wishlist). If you doubt the dedication collectors have for Superman figures then look at what people are paying for the Brando Jor-El released in the Superman Returns line. The Reeve Superman movies are much older than Nolan's Batman trilogy so the priority obviously doesn't go by how long it's been since the movies were released. "If it happens, it happens" is a safe attitude to have when collecting these figures because it stops people from getting their hopes up only to be disappointed year after year when their favorite character isn't announced. However, with figures like Snake and Alfred being released at all I do have hope that my favorites will eventually get made.

I know priority doesn't come from how old a movie is. It's usually the newer movies that get priority. All I was trying to say that it took them a long time to finally make Alfred and while I'd love the next figure HT reveals to be Faora, if it's going to happen I don't think it will be any time soon unfortunately. I see more iron man/marvel characters being produced before we see Faora especially with Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy being the next runners in the MCU. And not everyone is shelling out the $$$ to pay the asking price of Brando's Jor El anymore. You still see the $500-$800 buy it how's on eBay that no one is snatching. I do think ppl will buy him if HT made another (myself included) but so much else going on these characters I don't see happening in the near future that's all I'm saying. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

If figures like Snake Plissken and Alfred can get made I've gotta have a little hope that Superman villains can too. Nothing against these figures--and maybe it's just my opinion--but I think a Terence Stamp Zod or Faora would sell at least as many figures as either of those two.
Snake is from two popular films and was the star of both films. Not to mention it's an action figure with Kurt Russell's likeness who is popular on his own. Alfred from The Dark Knight Trilogy is only coming as an exclusive to the armory set but he had a bunch of screen time over the three films he was in. Faora maybe has a chance but I was mostly referring to the other characters (Ursa, Non, and Nam-Ek) who have no chance of being made. I doubt half the people who watched the film would even know their names without looking them up. Even Faora to me seems like a long shot, she had a couple of cool scenes in Man of Steel but she was hardly a main character. Plus honestly I think if Hot Toys were to do a Faora she would have been announced with the other Man of Steel figures from the line while the hype was still hot. She's a character who I would bet only gets released if for some reason there was a two pack with her and Zod.

I agree the Superman villains aren't household names, especially to younger collectors. However, I'm not sure those young collectors were dying for a Kurt Russell figure either. A lot of older collectors were blown away to finally see a Snake figure and with good reason. I remember watching the Snake films growing up and now they are considered cult classics but he would not have been in my top 40 list of characters I'd expect to see released. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope I can get a Stamp Zod or Faora at some point. Maybe with a little luck and patience someone will eventually do custom figures of the ones I want. I finally had to break down and start piecing together a Reeve Clark Kent because there is no guarantee I'll see an official one anytime soon.

I agree the Superman villains aren't household names, especially to younger collectors. However, I'm not sure those young collectors were dying for a Kurt Russell figure either. A lot of older collectors were blown away to finally see a Snake figure and with good reason. I remember watching the Snake films growing up and now they are considered cult classics but he would not have been in my top 40 list of characters I'd expect to see released. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope I can get a Stamp Zod or Faora at some point. Maybe with a little luck and patience someone will eventually do custom figures of the ones I want. I finally had to break down and start piecing together a Reeve Clark Kent because there is no guarantee I'll see an official one anytime soon.

I think anything is possible. Especially if you think about the Reeve's Evil Superman they did not too long ago, I can see them revisiting those lines. Though I think the MOS Faora would probably come first, I don't know if they'd do the Nam-Ek or Nom guy. He wasn't really in the film too much. As much ranting and salivating that's been done about HT doing a Faora, I'd be shocked if they didn't do one sometime this year. I know I've read before that HT does look at forums like these to see what the fan base is wanting, loves/hates etc to make their products better and make products that will be hot sellers. Also, as others have said the IM figures keep coming cause they sell and HT already has the license for that line. Why not milk it for all it's worth. So based off that same line of thinking, they already have the license for MOS, so I would almost all but guarantee a Faora, possible even a Louis Lane, passed that I am not sure as that would be all the main characters from the movie.

I can't really remember but doesn't nam-ek armor look like general Zod? Maybe they can double dip on that design?

Yeah I know how it feels to want certain characters and to only hope they'll happen. My list included Lucius Fox, Alfred, and John Blake. Alfred is finally happening and I can only cross my fingers on the other two. Like I said too, I don't think Faora is completely out of the realm of possibility I was mainly referring to the other three you mentioned.

I can't really remember but doesn't nam-ek armor look like general Zod? Maybe they can double dip on that design?

He's about 4 feet taller than Zod. And the armour is not exactly the same.

man-of-steel-faora-namek.jpg

Height wise he's much taller than Zod but I meant the armor. I just figured if the armor was identical to general Zod they could double dip on it and call it Nam-ek lol. Is Nam-ek he as talk as the Hulk lol? I wouldn't mind having Zod, Faora and Nam-ek.

Height wise he's much taller than Zod but I meant the armor. I just figured if the armor was identical to general Zod they could double dip on it and call it Nam-ek lol. Is Nam-ek he as talk as the Hulk lol? I wouldn't mind having Zod, Faora and Nam-ek.

I'd say he's Hulk sized.
Definitely Jake Sully/Iron Monger sized.
I wonder what Nam-Ek was born to do?
Obviously he's a soldier, but i wonder what role in kryptonian soldiery a 10 foot giant was meant to fulfil?

ManofSteel2013BlurayXvid720p-aTLasavi_snapshot_001609_20140111_195332.jpg

ManofSteel2013BlurayXvid720p-aTLasavi_snapshot_001606_20140111_195311.jpg

ManofSteel2013BlurayXvid720p-aTLasavi_snapshot_001609_20140111_195408.jpg

I didn't think there was anything special about Nam-Ek in MOS. They didn't draw any attention to his bigger size or try to build him up as some sort of hulking beast. He was just there.

I'd say he's Hulk sized.
Definitely Jake Sully/Iron Monger sized.
I wonder what Nam-Ek was born to do?
Obviously he's a soldier, but i wonder what role in kryptonian soldiery a 10 foot giant was meant to fulfil?

ManofSteel2013BlurayXvid720p-aTLasavi_snapshot_001609_20140111_195332.jpg

ManofSteel2013BlurayXvid720p-aTLasavi_snapshot_001606_20140111_195311.jpg

ManofSteel2013BlurayXvid720p-aTLasavi_snapshot_001609_20140111_195408.jpg

Just like in the infantry fire teams, they usually have a scout, radio operator etc. There is always one guy who's the one toting the m60 or nowadays the saw they are the big guns. I'd say that's what he is, he's the big guns.

Just like in the infantry fire teams, they usually have a scout, radio operator etc. There is always one guy who's the one toting the m60 or nowadays the saw they are the big guns. I'd say that's what he is, he's the big guns.

That makes sense.
And there is that one scene where he pops a guy into a mist of blood between his hands like we would pop a paper bag.

Especially because he would be really expensive for a minor character. I can't believe they didn't announce Faora yet though. She had the best parts of the movie

Faora is a definite want for me, but imo Jor El carried the movie.

Especially because he would be really expensive for a minor character. I can't believe they didn't announce Faora yet though. She had the best parts of the movie

Yeah he would be pretty expensive. But Faora is a must buy for me. I would like her to have clear oxygen mask. It looked great.

The armor isn't the same at all really.
194_max.jpg

I didn't think there was anything special about Nam-Ek in MOS. They didn't draw any attention to his bigger size or try to build him up as some sort of hulking beast. He was just there.

While I'd probably buy him, I would wait for either Rewards points to use on him or a coupon. But yea Faora is a must have :rock

Back