NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As MauFan pointed out.

Would it really hurt to read the previous posts? Not really asking for help here, just showing out the pose as asked.
The neck is "modded", took the plug out completely when I first got it. Didn't bother anyone back then...

neck-1.jpg

There's no way to get it shorter, other than chopping the whole neck off with a machete... (now that's a mod :rock) but I think I'll let someone else do that.
+ it's kinda funny. The odds are that if you have done the mod yourself, it might be because I was one of the pioneers of it :)

Thanks Skiman!

That's so weird. It looks perfect here and in the previous pics the neck looks so much longer. Maybe it's just the angle of the pic. My bad.

My Two Month Old Dutch is broken.

I'm pretty annoyed here as I do not pose my Hot Toy a lot and I am super precious with them.
I only got Dutch 2 months ago and look at this!!

Can anyone tell what they would do in my shoes? Is this a productiom error? A 150 quid figure should not be doing this!! :(

P1010889.jpg

Re: My Two Month Old Dutch is broken.

I'm pretty annoyed here as I do not pose my Hot Toy a lot and I am super precious with them.
I only got Dutch 2 months ago and look at this!!

Can anyone tell what they would do in my shoes? Is this a productiom error? A 150 quid figure should not be doing this!! :(

P1010889.jpg

That sux bro:(:(:(

That does suck. But these are plastic toys, and can break. I haven't seen that this is a systematic problem with Dutch like it frequently is with Medicom figures, but it is very possible that a few isolated cases will have QC issues.

Since you got it two months ago, I'm guessing you didn't buy it from Sideshow, meaning you probably won't get help from the retailer. And Hot Toys doesn't seem very keen on helping people with these issues, either. Still, couldn't hurt to contact both and see if you can get helped out. That body is not cheap to buy.

Re: My Two Month Old Dutch is broken.

Like some have said, try contacting HT to see what they will do. Other wise you can just superglue the leg back on. If you keep gently moving the joint while its setting then the poseability will remain. Did it with my Dark Knight Batman and still works fine. You could then also just order a replacement body, whether its a standard one, dutch one, or wait and see what the arnie terminator body will be like and maybe try that (especially since T-800 seems pretty tall and would look weird having dutch and T-800 near each other with a height difference since its the same actor).

Once the replacement body comes you could just keep it boxed or whatever until the joint either breaks again, you decide to sell it, or just want to pose it more and not fear of it breaking again. Only reason I would keep it boxed until absoloutly necessary to open is incase it broke once again for whatever reason. Atleas that way you'll have one mint body for when ever you choose to use it.

This type of break seems pretty common on Hot Toys. When my Dark knight broke I was just gently moving the leg and it broke. Entity didnt even touch the leg on his BR joker and it broke

:dunno

Well I've emailed HT with my receipt and the photo above which I hope is good enough?

If this is a regular problem, then they really need to fix this. These figurers are 150 quid like!
A lot of us have to make sacrifices in some shape or form to be able to but these.

I do hope HT can sort this out as I am a new HT collector and d not want to be having issues when I've only been collecting for 4 months.

Can just the leg not be replaced?

It pretty much will be the whole body, especially Dutch being a muscle body, I would say that I haven't seen these breaks happen very often though.

Eamon you might be the first for a break like this on Dutch in this thread.

Well I've emailed HT with my receipt and the photo above which I hope is good enough?

If this is a regular problem, then they really need to fix this. These figurers are 150 quid like!
A lot of us have to make sacrifices in some shape or form to be able to but these.

I do hope HT can sort this out as I am a new HT collector and d not want to be having issues when I've only been collecting for 4 months.

Can just the leg not be replaced?

Don't worry...pretty common issue. You can buy another TT and use it for spare parts, because all the knees are the same- no left or right, or you can do what you did and HT will send you a replacement knee in about 3-4 weeks.

Same thing happened to me and my bro's Hellboy fig. Sent HT the pic and reciept and got a new one...simple and painless. Got the new knee, popped the old one off and put the new shiny red one on. :D

Yeah I had a problem with my T-600's minigun and they had no problems sending me a replacement gun, fairly quick about it too I was impressed with the service.

You should be fine

Back