NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may want to pass on both and spend the money on vision correction instead.
lasik-main_Full.jpg

Thought at least one person would agree, hmm. I'm surprised actually, I know prototypes often look better but you guys honestly all think that this figure looks as good as their proto pics? the head looks small and of poor quality (that being the washed out, mushy soft plastic look to it) The paint job is iffy, coloration looks weird, the seam in his hair is pretty apparent, his hair is painted not nearly as realistically as it could be, his outfit seems to be a bit of a bulky material and fit strange, not as nice as the prototype picture made it out to look.

Anyways these are the reasons as to why It's clear, at least to me this figure is not as good as I had hoped.

I have no brand loyalty but If I had to pick one I' go with Hot Toys by a mile. But I have enterbay's Bruce Lee's and to me those figures look a lot better than this final Godfather, I will wait to see which is the better and buy it then.

I thought upon the proto pics that this was the best figure I've ever seen, and while it is very good all in all the final product looks a little like a cheap knock off of a Hot Toy to me. Maybe it's just that all the pics so far are poor but a lot of them seem pretty good to me so it must be the figure itself.

I respect your opinion, Ray. And there does seem to be some EB dealer poachers around here, sorry for that. But I am basing my opinion on the reactions of those who have this in hand.

The pics do seem to vary as to paint apps, but based on these pics, it seems to me that this may be one of the best Human Sculpts HT has ever made, if not their finest.

I sent a pic to one of Brando's Kids and she was very impressed. (Brando's Trust approves all this stuff so it wasn't a big surprise).

Last edited:
Yeah plus Raymond you have to understand that our "Average Joe" pictures never do any item true justice. I have no doubt this piece will look amazing in person. EB's Lee's are in a whole league of their own but their recent 24 figure were good examples of different paint apps on final products. Their Sutherland proto looked like an actual human being whereas the final product (although it still looked amazing) lost some detail with paint.

I guess you guys are right about the average joe photos and the in-hand always looking better plus the natural fact tat the hand painted would no doubt always look better than the mass produced.

I was just so looking forward to this and when I clicked on the thread i guess it was just not what I was expecting :( nevertheless I'll be owning one of the two and whatever one it ends up being it will still be better than the Sideshow offerings hot toys no doubt has the best likeness, i just hope it does look better in hand.

I honestly think the problem is just that hot toys has built up such unfairly high standards over the last year and a bit that Ive been disapointed with almost everything theyve released lately (godfather, dutch, predator, mark ii iron man.) But then i think harder, and realize, that these figures are all not only the greatest versions of the characters ever produced, but are also just damn fine figures by any standards. this brando is definitely thier best likeness ever IMO, and I personally think the figure looks pretty darn good. as good as the protos? absolutely not, but come on. I think we all need to have realisitc expectations of 1/6 scale figures

One thing to remember is that the proto photography is done by experts, and those photos really feature a lot of shadow work which makes the figure look very much like a scene from the movie....and that may cause undue expectations. I will say that as one of the very few people with the figure in hand, I'm astounded with the likeness and thrilled with the overall product from box to extras. All the feedback I've gotten from this & another board is overwhelmingly positive.

I think expectations are so high that it could walk, talk and send Sasheeme Littlefeather to the Oscars and some people would be disappointed.

I ordered this from a shop on ebay a couple of days ago. It was to be shipped via express delivery, however the guy informs me that his prices are wrong and because it is a big box it will cost more. He offers me a refund of the price difference of normal and express delivery or a refund and cancellation. I have seen this as a sign that I should wait and see how enterbays turns out. I am not liking the obvious seem across the middle of the head and I have a feeling enterbays could look just as good, if not better.

I have seen this as a sign that I should wait and see how enterbays turns out. I am not liking the obvious seem across the middle of the head and I have a feeling enterbays could look just as good, if not better.

Exactly. I knew I wasn't te only one who thinks HT dropped the ball, if even a little on this, sure expectations are high from HT but they have delivered a better looking product in the past so anything less is hard to accept for that kind of money.

Back