NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obvious seam? I dunno... sure on an image that is 4x the normal size of the figure its obvious... but even then only where the hair pieces don't seem to match up.

Obvious seam? I dunno... sure on an image that is 4x the normal size of the figure its obvious... but even then only where the hair pieces don't seem to match up.

Yeah judging this piece based on the few photos we've seen (Especially the zoomed up close ones) isn't really fair, besides this thing has had about a 99% positive supporting. You can't please everyone so there is no point arguing an opinion anymore either.

If 99% of people are calling this "one of the most amazing figures ever made" then it simply is just that. Thats how our society works and deems things legendary ............ its based on the majority.

Still an opinion can't be wrong.

I'm also eager to see the obvious seem in the hair? The pics are DAMNED close, and poor quality in the scheme of things, believe me, the figure is everything and more, to what the proto's promised. And another thing to remember is it's (or mine was) RIGHT out of box. And i do mean right!........not left :p But seriously, i opened the box, took him out, plonked him down and took photos. Didn't touch a thing, let alone dare to futz any parts. All i know is, i've only been collecting 1/6th for just over a year and a half-2 years now, and only started with TDK, and this thing impresses me more than ANY of those, or any other 1/6th figures i've ever seen first hand. In hand, i'm sure reactions would change ;) The enterbay Godfather has just never done it for me period
It totally swings and missed/lacks the Marlon Brando likeness imvho, quality seems fantastic though, and their cat is better :p

Still an opinion can't be wrong.
I agree.
The enterbay Godfather has just never done it for me period
It totally swings and missed/lacks the Marlon Brando likeness imvho, quality seems fantastic though, and their cat is better :p

Well, it looks like we've both been proven wrong TT. How can someone have an opinion, on a figure that hasn't been shown, and be right?

Enterbay will be releasing their pics in a couple of weeks. Maybe it's not an opinion if it's an unjustified statement. Add to that the owners of one will be spouting words from their ^^^^^^s, unless they happen to own both, and can make a quality judgement based on actually having the knowledge.

Where the heck are you guys seeing a seem in the middle of the head? Are my eyes that bad? I don't see it.

Yep, EB is still an unknown... but I don't think their figure will dissapoint. Especially after holding back images for so long, they do have an advantage over seeing the final product from HT.

So I think whichever pony you go with, or if you go with both collectors will win.

Where the heck are you guys seeing a seem in the middle of the head? Are my eyes that bad? I don't see it.

In this shot you can see a seam just behind the temple... again this shot is huge compared to in hand and even at this level of magnification its a pretty minimal:

gf12.jpg

The Enterbay one will be great, no doubt. This really is a win/win situation. Whichever you choose, you're going to have a fantastic Godfather figure.

In this shot you can see a seam just behind the temple... again this shot is huge compared to in hand and even at this level of magnification its a pretty minimal:

Oh.. right there. I was looking at this forehead or through his nose or something. I looked at that picture a lot and never even noticed it... so thanks for pointing it out so that's ALL I'll ever notice now. :)

Don't most if not all factory produced head sculpts have seam lines? The Tony Stark head has a seam running through the top of his head. Barely noticeable though.

I'm pretty sure most of my figures have seams running down the head, but you're never going to see them unless you're standing right on top of them looking for it.

The only time these don't happen is if the hair is maybe a separate piece... but yes seam lines are fairly common. And the HT one is about as minimal in appearance as I've seen.

I agree.

Well, it looks like we've both been proven wrong TT. How can someone have an opinion, on a figure that hasn't been shown, and be right?

Enterbay will be releasing their pics in a couple of weeks. Maybe it's not an opinion if it's an unjustified statement. Add to that the owners of one will be spouting words from their ^^^^^^s, unless they happen to own both, and can make a quality judgement based on actually having the knowledge.

At this point creech the only thing (EB) that can be commented on is EB's first attempt. Assuming EB's WILL be better is also not a fair assumption either. So again I would assume peoples opinions on HT's being better than EB's comes down to what people have to go off of and that is EB's first attempt. It will be interesting to see what EB has done.

Absolutely. So it is best to hold off from commenting on the EB's version. For now. It's only a couple of weeks and then the barney can begin again. :lol So let's just enjoy what is out and on offer, which is the remarkable Hot Toys Vito.

I can still barely make it out lol. There is literally nothing in hand here, seam wise. Creecher, yeah i'm going on the figure that they have already done atm, but don't see how much they could improve, short of starting from scratch

That seam is seemingly seamy. As seamy as any seam should be. Well, it seems to me.

I understand Blakus, what else is anyone to go on. Hot Toys does business it's way, pulling pics they put up in the first place. EB by putting up final pics just before release, in many cases. Some companies put up great pics and don't bother changing them when their production piece fails etc etc. It's all we have to go on. It can make it hard to take when many of us put up our money and pre-order. Which makes statements like 'don't like it don't buy it' moronic in tone, from those peoples perspective. Hindsight and all that. Too little too late. We don't all have the opportunities, that exist in the United States for collectors. Many times if you don't pre-order you risk missing out. Fear of the unknown. We may not have been able to see how they could improve sculpts, paint, costuming, articulation, in the past, but surprised we have been and it may happen again soon.

Back