Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally hope it's the ANH version. That one, for me, was a lot more fearsome and menacing than the later ESB, ROTJ and ROTS suits.

I'm not collecting Star Wars stuff anymore, but I would surely buy this Vader if it's the ANH version.

I hope they can match the quality of the marmit prototype.

Billy

Didn't realize Marmit had ever prototyped a Vader.... Does anyone have any pictures?

vadercomparisonmarmitvskz3.jpg

If it is anything like Marmits, I'll be happy. THAT is how big Vader needs to be. Adding leg extenders does nothing for Medicoms size or presence.

While the medicom may be smaller the marmit lacks in detail. The medicom has awesome attention to detail. If SS can give us medicom or better quality(i don't see why not since it's been 3-4 years since medicom made theirs) And a good height it should be damn near perfect.

i just hope no sounds... or if it does have electronics, then no reduction in articulation, or he's going directly onto a new body.

While the medicom may be smaller the marmit lacks in detail. The medicom has awesome attention to detail. If SS can give us medicom or better quality(i don't see why not since it's been 3-4 years since medicom made theirs) And a good height it should be damn near perfect.

There is no excuse for Sideshow not to give us a version that combines both strong points on those figures into one.

I always wondered what happened to that Marmit prototype -- who has it? I always thought that was the best Vader 1/6th I'd ever seen. I hope SS comes close.

Not getting the Marmit Vader was always a shock to me, as their other ones were great. I really hope the SS gives the Marmit one a run for its money.

Yep, Marmit had it pretty bang on. It annoys me to see the Face mask / Helmet and chest armour out of proportion with each other on most of the figures out there.

Hurricane should have been an advisor on this figure !

Damn, that Marmit ANH Vader blows the Medicom Vader away (and I own and like the Medicom Vader, despite its serious undersize). :google

Like EVILFACE, I'm now hoping/expecting the Sideshow Vader will look like the Marmit prototype (just with added detail and such that should come from today's production standards).

I think what we will see from SS is a marriage between the Medicom and the Marmit plus some added goodness (???). I really can't wait to hear/see more of the SS Vader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back