Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What looks Hasbroish about the SS one? You can't throw out that kind of comparision and not offer what you find lacking.

No crappy helmet, oversized oven mitt hands, unlined cape, oversized cape chain, oversized suit like on the Hasbro one. Not to mention the SS one will have superior fabrics, accessories and articulation.

It just looks funny to me. It looks like he's got stubby legs, rubbery arms that are bent funny, and an oversized dome. I'm not saying the quality won't be vastly superior, it just makes me think of Hasbro from these pics. That doesn't mean I think it looks like a Hasbro figure all around, just that it makes me think of one. I'm sure it'll look better when a capable person poses it and futz around with it.

edit: and wonky feet

Totally agree with Brent. If you think this looks hasbroish I think you may suffer from the Hyperbole dementia which inflicts so many these days. :lol

Re: regular darth vader up for preorder

Ordered one to be on the safe side - odd way to do a pre-order, no? I haven't seen them elease the regular version without the exclusive version first.

I'll be there on the 1st to snag my exclusive and then this one will be canceled.

You can order one of each right? I don't want to run into any snags for the exclusive on PPO day besides high traffic.

Ordered one to be on the safe side - odd way to do a pre-order, no? I haven't seen them elease the regular version without the exclusive version first.

I'll be there on the 1st to snag my exclusive and then this one will be canceled.

You can order one of each right? I don't want to run into any snags for the exclusive on PPO day besides high traffic.

you can order two regulars but only one exclusive. the regular storm troopers have a limit of six! build your army! :D

Mine will be holding the saber anyway, so if I don't get the exclusive I'll still be very happy.

I know it's not the ROTJ version, but I'll have it dueling with my Jedi Luke :)

Or maybe I'm the only one not looking at it through their Dath Vader helmets:chase

Nice try, but you're not the only one with a critical eye. As I said before I've been very critical of SS in the past, but this is one figure, that from the SDCC pics I've seen, looks damn good(and for reference I have a Hurricane Vader which is the absolute pinnacle of 1/6 Vaders). There's NOTHING Hasbro-ish about this figure at all.

you can order two regulars but only one exclusive. the regular storm troopers have a limit of six! build your army! :D

Not only build your army... built your credit card debt!

Nice try, but you're not the only one with a critical eye. As I said before I've been very critical of SS in the past, but this is one figure, that from the SDCC pics I've seen, looks damn good(and for reference I have a Hurricane Vader which is the absolute pinnacle of 1/6 Vaders). There's NOTHING Hasbro-ish about this figure at all.

When did I say I was? Apparently yours is the only opinion?

Ah....bickering in a Star Wars thread.....who would have thought?

for sure, an expensive hobby.

no doubt, i already had a lot of preorders with sideshow before the con & still several to go during................:google.

Ordered. Better safe than sorry.

I will see if I get near the Force choke hand at all...here's hoping!

I ordered Vader and Stormtrooper regular as well. Can't miss out in case things go badly
on PPO day. Also order the Fleet Commander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back