Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to get this Vader and of course the others when they come. The same goes for all the troopers

I don't get it...why is everyone getting so excited with this new Vader when the Medicoms versions were the lick. Am i missing something here? I love the new Stormtrooper which is a good cheaper alternative to the Medi one but seriously the Medi version was and still is sick. Just seems that this one is unnecessary?..
Correct me if i'm wrong though!

Its all about the scale. This is the first true 1/6 Vader, that's why there is so much excitement. Cant wait to pose this with Obi-Wan and Luke.

(lets just hope it's poseable:monkey3)

I am not sure if you are referring to the post I made about this proto having a vynil mannequin or not. But if so, I was under the impression that it was just to display the figure. There has been mention of a staffer saying they did a mannequin specifically for Vader and the product page on the website touts it as fully articulated and as being with 30+ points of articulation.

If you are talking about how the costume may or may not hinder the effectiveness of that articulation, it is anybody's guess until Q209.

There was also a question about ankle articulation in the armor (I think it was actually in the Stormtrooper thread, but I checked both anyway), Vader's boots are not jointed. So it will have the standard loss of the ankle articulation to the boots. But in my head, that is actually in keeping with the limited mobility that Vader had in the movies as a result of the armor, anyway.

Couple pics from Comic-Con...

I have to say it look pretty impressive in person. Troopers look great, too. Hope they can keep the sheen on the troopers because it looks just right in person.

P1000206.jpg

P1000207.jpg

P1000205.jpg

All this Vader anticipation inspired me to make my Korriban display base yesterday. I used the images from the video games in the tomb areas as a standard. It's also modular so I can add a couple more platforms for Vader and Dooku.
DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0654.jpg

One thing I hope they improve upon are the distracting stitch lines. Even at this scale, they could have stitched the fabric inside out, so when you turn the fabric, the lines are hidden like with the PF Vader. https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_031006a.htm

I also hope the cape is large enough to be posed naturally over the shoulder bells.

All this Vader anticipation inspired me to make my Korriban display base yesterday. I used the images from the video games in the tomb areas as a standard. It's also modular so I can add a couple more platforms for Vader and Dooku.
DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0654.jpg

Very Cool.

I'm tired of clicking on podium's -- which podium is the Vader display?

Sideshow: next year, please add a map that lists what is where.

Podium 21, and I agree, keep the Flash version for fun, but have a static, list only page with each item at each podium for quick reference. I have fast net and the booth map can be a ^^^^^ to work with for quick info.

Podium 21, and I agree, keep the Flash version for fun, but have a static, list only page with each item at each podium for quick reference. I have fast net and the booth map can be a ^^^^^ to work with for quick info.

Thank you!

Yeah, every year I have to click on all the podiums if I can't remember where something is, and with the added video it takes forever to load just to see you got the wrong one.

:tap

The most interesting thing (besides the awesome views) of the booth video is mentioning the developed body that's thinner to allow the armour to look more natural and not bulky...

Hmmmm--- I wonder what other character could use that thinner 14" Vader body?... Maybe a character currently in development... Hmmmmm....

I wonder....

:naughty:chew:naughty

I have, unsurprisingly ordered this one. But I'm gonna keep my Medi troopers with him to really 'sell' the height (and I like them better than the SS ones...)

The most interesting thing (besides the awesome views) of the booth video is mentioning the developed body that's thinner to allow the armour to look more natural and not bulky...

Hmmmm--- I wonder what other character could use that thinner 14" Vader body?... Maybe a character currently in development... Hmmmmm....

I wonder....

:naughty:chew:naughty

I think D.Martin asked them about it and they said they wouldnt be using this body for Chewie. You can find it in his article over at Rebelscum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back