Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reward points are a web based system so they can't be used on call in orders. Only non web based orders that get points are those from SDCC.

This certainly is not the best picture on earth. But it's only purpose is to shed some light on some earlier speculation that Darth Vaders height compared to the Stormtroopers might be the result of his being set higher in the case.

DSC04806.jpg

doesn't really look that way to me.

Also, I asked for some changes to the poses to show some more dynamics of the articulation and I was told that these prototypes were not good for that purpose. And the Darth Vader prototype in the showcase has a vinyl mannequin at this time and has no articulation.

Last edited:
yea..........hmmm...............no new body underneath????...............it would be interesting if they (ssc) would show the armored fig & prometheous body next to whatever figure it was used on . (if they actually have it in hand)

Just put in my pre-order for the regular edition in case I miss out on the exclusive edition during the PPO.

Just put in my pre-order for the regular edition in case I miss out on the exclusive edition during the PPO.

thats a safe bet that i think most of us are laying down.......good call.

wow. With each picture this figure just looks better and better. All of my fears about this not turning out well are slowly dissolving. I still have one issue with the figure though...the bodysut could use some tighter tailoring. I think that the loseness of the bodysuit is what is contributing to the chubby and stumpy look in some pictures. I sure hope they fix this so we can have the perfect ANH Vader.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING.....................:banghead

If this is not already a perfect ANH Vader well we may aswell stop collecting... What do you want The Real actor David Prowse in the suite for godsake......:banghead:banghead:banghead

This certainly is not the best picture on earth. But it's only purpose is to shed some light on some earlier speculation that Darth Vaders height compared to the Stormtroopers might be the result of his being set higher in the case.

DSC04806.jpg

doesn't really look that way to me.

Also, I asked for some changes to the poses to show some more dynamics of the articulation and I was told that these prototypes were not good for that purpose. And the Darth Vader prototype in the showcase has a vinyl mannequin at this time and has no articulation.

Sorry, I have not been following this issue. So is Vader going to be taller than the troopers?

How do you better PERFECTION...........................:bow:bow:bow:vader

SSVader-1.jpg

SSVader.jpg

2129_press05-001.jpg

2129_press03-001.jpg

2129_press02-001.jpg

Even the light Saber is accurate with the fine tip.. Medicom vaders are fantastic and I own the ROTS version he is awesome..............But they can never get the Sabers correct from the hilt up.. they are always the same thickness From base of hilt to the top of Saber when ignited...:mad:

Sorry, I have not been following this issue. So is Vader going to be taller than the troopers?

Not a big issue. There was just mention that the height difference might be because Vader was displayed on a higher stand than the others and it made me wonder. So I made a point to check on it. And Vader towers over the troopers.

Edit - I just remembered that I have been saving up rewards points for a long time in anticipation of an eventual Vader. I could have gotten him for free. But in anticipation of the PPO madness to come, I ordered him at CC. So now I still have all of those points.

Last edited:
Well, considering that Accesories are usualy where sideshow shines, and his armor, chestbox and etc are all technicly accessories, i think he'll look more or less like he does there.

I just got back from my excursion...

What did I miss now?

$125!!!!!

That's outrageous...I guess shipping won't be as expensive as a double pack, but still...

This picture instills complete faith in this figure and SSC's ability to make figures just as good as Medicom or Hot Toys.

Only if the final piece turns out as good and with Sideshows track record of not delivering on great looking protos that's by no means certain to happen.
I won't deny Sideshow can make figures as good as HT or Medicom because ANH Obi-Wan and the Jabba setup are proof that they can,the real issue is their consistency.
Right now they are doing well if they manage 2 or 3 consecutive figures without any issues which pales into insignificance when you look at HT's last 18 months-2 years and IMO it'll take much more than a couple of great armored figures before Sideshow can even be considered competition to HT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back