Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not outrageous to me--they pretty much shrunk the PF without an appreciable loss of quality. Pretty amazing at this scale, and I can see where the money went. And without paint job worries, I think that Vader and the Stormtroopers are pretty much going to look this good out of the box.

attachment.php

It suuure does look like that faceplate is removable....
Youcan see the seams. By the way, check the grill!! That's a separate piece in there!! Amazing!!

that pic is freaking awesome...............im gonna buy one..............scratch that buy 2...................:cool:....................damn..........how long now 6-8 more months.....:banghead......these pics arent helping the time go by faster at all. before we had nothing so the wait was somewhat bareable. now???...........long time coming.

You know the more I look at pictures of all the new 12" figures coming out. They almost look just as good as some of the P.F.'s coming out.

Vader looks excellent.

Nice job SS, and Congrats to all the SW 12" collectors for finally getting Vader. This one looks like a homerun.

I just pre-ordered my vader I dont care if I miss out on the exclusive I know im going to be just as happy with the regular vader as I would the exclusive.

Billy

Definitely not the be all end all of 1:6 Vaders, but it's certainly a nice piece, at a reasonable price.

this sucks i just found out i will be at work for the ppo on the 1st
guess i will be getting the regular

Okay, time to weigh in on this figure. Overall it looks good, but I'm seeing a few things that aren't quite there. What really jump out at me are the shoulder bells and the cape. The bells are just the wrong shape; no getting around it. As to the cape, it doesn't look full enough.I'm also not sure about the arm length, but it's a hard call based on the pix I've seen. Finally, from some angles the helmet doesn't look quite full enough; the NH helmet has an enormous(and wildly assymetrical) dome, with a very wide flair, much more so than any other version. Of course, these could all be due to A) it's the prototype, and still under work, and B) Sideshow's notoriously crappy photography(they really need to hire someone who knows which end of the camera is which).There also ought to be pleats on the front of the robe, but this is an arrangement problem more than anything else, I think. Mask looks very nice, as does the armor and saber. I think I'll be VERY interested to see the actual figure...PS

It suuure does look like that faceplate is removable....
Youcan see the seams. By the way, check the grill!! That's a separate piece in there!! Amazing!!

Great spot there Mikey. Les and I were discussing this the other night and I think you may be onto something. Les through out the idea that without the widow's peak, Sideshow could reuses this helmet with alternate paint schemes for the other films. Perhaps they approached it to be a ROTJ reveal helmet from day one of it's design so they could work on that one with the 3 piece helmet aspect out of the way ahead of time. That'd be promising for seeing a reveal Vader sooner than I originally thought.

I'm intrigued by that notion. Probably not too far off the mark. The entire head looks like several pieces. Even the lenses look like they were molded separately. It's not unthinkable that they might re-use the shell of the mask and switch out parts where needed.

I'm intrigued by that notion. Probably not too far off the mark. The entire head looks like several pieces. Even the lenses look like they were molded separately. It's not unthinkable that they might re-use the shell of the mask and switch out parts where needed.

It would definitely be wise on their part, if they ever wanted to do ESB and show the back of the head, or ROTJ with full reveal, and you're spending so much R&D time on Vader, why not just spend all your time figuring out all the most complicated logistics about a figure of him at once, even if you only release one figure a year or whatever, at least the heavy R&D is done, so if they want, they could do one Vader a year, or if they only want to do ROTJ reveal and have 2 Vaders in the line only, then release him whenever, either way, put the worst behind you and move forward.

I do wonder if the head on this Vader will be somewhat hollow, if all the pieces are put in like you've suspected, I wonder how that would all get filled in for a solid head. Of course this is a proto, so maybe they'll just cast it solid and the production figure won't be separate pieces together.

My god.. Can you guys like either get a room or get a job with a toy company were y'all belong. :naughty ;)

Really excited about this figure even though I already have the Medicom Vaders. Is this SS most expensive 1/6th figure?

I don't get it...why is everyone getting so excited with this new Vader when the Medicoms versions were the lick. Am i missing something here? I love the new Stormtrooper which is a good cheaper alternative to the Medi one but seriously the Medi version was and still is sick. Just seems that this one is unnecessary?..
Correct me if i'm wrong though!

SSVader-1.jpg

I think your wrong...but it's all subjective, while the Medi is awesome I think this one just simply carries the proportions better :monkey1 when you buy your new troopers & find out they are taller then your Medi Vader then you will know why there is such a buzz around this figure. (lets just hope it's poseable:monkey3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back