Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_9374.jpg

IMG_9371.jpg

IMG_9370.jpg

IMG_9369.jpg

IMG_9368.jpg

IMG_9376.jpg

IMG_9375.jpg

I've heard nothing of the sort, I've heard Vader's on a modified armor body.

I read somewhere that SS told somebody when asked if they could repose it that this Darth example wasn't on the proper body and that this example wasn't very poseable, though I can't varify that :monkey1

Well, if that's true, they should have held off showing him off until he's on the body he's going to have when we get him. I understand proto to production changes, but this could be significant, and plus why show him off in his limited state when if you wait a bit longer, you can really make him shine.

I did read somewhere (can't say if it was true) that the SDCC displayed Vader was on a rigid non-poseable mannequin as they are still developing certain aspects of how the final will work.

EDIT-

You beat me to it Shocktrooper!

Well, if that's true, they should have held off showing him off until he's on the body he's going to have when we get him. I understand proto to production changes, but this could be significant, and plus why show him off in his limited state when if you wait a bit longer, you can really make him shine.

SS is well known for doing ^^^^ like this.They better hope it doesn't bite them in the ass later on.They must know and realize that it's really emabarrasing when someone asks them about the new body Vader is on,and they have to tell them that the proto there showing at a huge event like Comic Con doesn't have it?? Why the hell is soooo hard for SS to make one singular rpototype figure that will be identical to the production piece?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.Sideshow! Stop showing product that's not ready for production.

Sideshow have such a history of not delivering after great looking protos that it's nigh on impossible to make a proper judgment until in hand pics of the production pieces show up yet many here are already treating Vader and the Stormtrooper like they are the Second Coming of 1/6 figures.
They've had 3 years AND help from Hot Toys to get new bodies developed yet they can't get a couple ready for displaying at a convention :rolleyes:
Given that Sideshow have mislead collectors about items in the past (PF Boba for example) it's also not out of the question that the excuse about the bodies could be to cover the fact that the new bodies aren't as good as people have been trumpeting and are actually little more than new versions of the Buck.
If they do deliver and the figures turn out great I'll give Sideshow all due credit but I don't see why people are getting so excited over something that may not be a true indicator of the final product.

Sideshow have such a history of not delivering after great looking protos that it's nigh on impossible to make a proper judgment until in hand pics of the production pieces show up yet many here are already treating Vader and the Stormtrooper like they are the Second Coming of 1/6 figures.
They've had 3 years AND help from Hot Toys to get new bodies developed yet they can't get a couple ready for displaying at a convention :rolleyes:
Given that Sideshow have mislead collectors about items in the past (PF Boba for example) it's also not out of the question that the excuse about the bodies could be to cover the fact that the new bodies aren't as good as people have been trumpeting and are actually little more than new versions of the Buck.
If they do deliver and the figures turn out great I'll give Sideshow all due credit but I don't see why people are getting so excited over something that may not be a true indicator of the final product.

Unlike human or alien head sculpts when paint work can make world of a difference, with Vader's helmet, I think we pretty much will get what we see.

not IMHO, from my POV it's more like SSC just caught up to where things were 3-5 years ago. (that is, if the final product is good)

Sorry to somewhat change the topic, but anyone know if Sideshow said at the Con what the exclusive edition size will be on Friday? I've been trying to find this out all weekend. I sure hope it's more than 1977 and I pray that their site doesn't crash.

I did read somewhere (can't say if it was true) that the SDCC displayed Vader was on a rigid non-poseable mannequin as they are still developing certain aspects of how the final will work.

EDIT-

You beat me to it Shocktrooper!

Why, yes. That was stated. By me. Sideshow's people at the con told me, when I asked them if they would change the pose, that they can not because this particular prototype was being displayed on a vinyl or pvc body. That is not how the production figure will end up. But that is how this prototype is.

Why, yes. That was stated. By me. Sideshow's people at the con told me, when I asked them if they would change the pose, that they can not because this particular prototype was being displayed on a vinyl or pvc body. That is not how the production figure will end up. But that is how this prototype is.

That really stinks. Eventually we'll be ordering SS figures based on napkin sketches.:rolleyes:

Unlike human or alien head sculpts when paint work can make world of a difference, with Vader's helmet, I think we pretty much will get what we see.

Paint isn't always the issue and in Vaders case I think the cape and bodysuit need improving as both look to be made of poor quality materials and the bodysuit also looks a bit baggy which I admit may be an issue related to the figure not being on it's proper body but again I have to wonder whether it's just SSC's dodgy tailoring again.

That seems so strange, I'd think it would complicate things to build the costuming and all around a body it's not going on, now they have to either change all that or ensure the real body matches the proportions of the stand in.

Paint isn't always the issue and in Vaders case I think the cape and bodysuit need improving as both look to be made of poor quality materials and the bodysuit also looks a bit baggy which I admit may be an issue related to the figure not being on it's proper body but again I have to wonder whether it's just SSC's dodgy tailoring again.

I do feel SSC's tailoring needs improvement. A recent example would be - Aayla Secura, her top seems too loose.
Other cases that instantly come to mind are - Darth Maul's robe being too long, Bib Fortuna's sleeve being too short.

That seems so strange, I'd think it would complicate things to build the costuming and all around a body it's not going on, now they have to either change all that or ensure the real body matches the proportions of the stand in.

Or maybe they made the mannequin to fit the intended costume (that is my hope).

Or maybe they made the mannequin to fit the intended costume (that is my hope).

Thing is, the body's not ready or they'd have used it at SDCC, so the question is, if it isn't done, how can they know exactly what size to make the costuming to, which could be why his jumpsuit's a bit baggy. And also, if the base body's still a WIP, how do you know the exact size to make the manakin. I'm sure the final figure will look fine, it's just a bit perplexing to hear of how this is going down at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back