Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, yes. That was stated. By me. Sideshow's people at the con told me, when I asked them if they would change the pose, that they can not because this particular prototype was being displayed on a vinyl or pvc body. That is not how the production figure will end up. But that is how this prototype is.

Didn't he appear in more than one pose at the comics con?

I do feel SSC's tailoring needs improvement. A recent example would be - Aayla Secura, her top seems too loose.
Other cases that instantly come to mind are - Darth Maul's robe being too long, Bib Fortuna's sleeve being too short.

Not to mention Bespin Han's jacket,Shaun Of The Dead's shirt,and things like the fraying edges that occur on some of the Jedi robes.
If they live up to the hype the new bodies will help matters but it's not the complete solution.
For starters they need to use better quality materials that actually has some proper weight to it and make sure that whatever material is used for the proto can be used for the final piece.
And after that they had better make damn sure that each piece of attire fits the base body correctly.
Say what you like about Hot Toys or Medicom but how many of their figures need extensive "futzing" such as soaking the figure in water to get the clothes to look right?
I see a lot of potential in the ANH Vader but right now that's all it is and after such a long wait SSC cannot afford to take any of the shortcuts that they have appeared to with other releases.

Thing is, the body's not ready or they'd have used it at SDCC, so the question is, if it isn't done, how can they know exactly what size to make the costuming to, which could be why his jumpsuit's a bit baggy. And also, if the base body's still a WIP, how do you know the exact size to make the manakin. I'm sure the final figure will look fine, it's just a bit perplexing to hear of how this is going down at the moment.

Good point.

Didn't he appear in more than one pose at the comics con?

Not much of a pose change, though. The poses I was asking for were ones that would really show off the range of motion on the mannequins.

I am also concern about the choice of material for Vader's suit. We wouldn't want that peeling off like what happened to the Hasbro Vader.

Actually the same happened to the Medicom Mask Rider figures.

I am also concern about the choice of material for Vader's suit. We wouldn't want that peeling off like what happened to the Hasbro Vader.

Definitely not!
One of the strongest points of the Medicom Vaders is the quality of the bodysuits,both the material used and how they fit the base body and so far the SSC bodysuit doesn't look as good.

Actually the same happened to the Medicom Mask Rider figures.

I don't think there's any reason to fear that with Sideshow. Hasbro made a $30 figure because his pleather was just like cotton with a micro layer of pleather painted on. SSC's used real vinyls and things on their figures, I'm sure Vader's costume is similar to Anakin's tabbards.

Yeah it is... But there is a guy names hurricane (perhaps you have heard of him ;)) who makes a better Vader than even Marmit.

Sideshow have such a history of not delivering after great looking protos that it's nigh on impossible to make a proper judgment until in hand pics of the production pieces show up yet many here are already treating Vader and the Stormtrooper like they are the Second Coming of 1/6 figures.

Everyone has issues with figures not living up. I don't care what company it is they've had it happen. Also these figures are pretty god damn impressive and from what SS has told us at the Con will look like this coming out.

Given that Sideshow have mislead collectors about items in the past (PF Boba for example) it's also not out of the question that the excuse about the bodies could be to cover the fact that the new bodies aren't as good as people have been trumpeting and are actually little more than new versions of the Buck.

Dude this statement here is just pure garbage. Not surprising at all but still. SS could do everything right and you among your playmates would still be trashing. No wonder you're not taken seriously. :lol I can guarantee the body is gonna be just fine and is not on a modified buck.

If they do deliver and the figures turn out great I'll give Sideshow all due credit but I don't see why people are getting so excited over something that may not be a true indicator of the final product.

No you won't. I'm seriously gonna call BS on that.

Why, yes. That was stated. By me. Sideshow's people at the con told me, when I asked them if they would change the pose, that they can not because this particular prototype was being displayed on a vinyl or pvc body. That is not how the production figure will end up. But that is how this prototype is.

Who did you ask? It was not mentioned at the Con that the body was anything other than the new one.

Thing is, the body's not ready or they'd have used it at SDCC, so the question is, if it isn't done, how can they know exactly what size to make the costuming to, which could be why his jumpsuit's a bit baggy. And also, if the base body's still a WIP, how do you know the exact size to make the manakin. I'm sure the final figure will look fine, it's just a bit perplexing to hear of how this is going down at the moment.

Paint isn't always the issue and in Vaders case I think the cape and bodysuit need improving as both look to be made of poor quality materials and the bodysuit also looks a bit baggy which I admit may be an issue related to the figure not being on it's proper body but again I have to wonder whether it's just SSC's dodgy tailoring again.

Suit and cape look to be of poor quality? The material looks fine. Baggy cause it's not on a production body.

You are just biching at SS as usual. You might as well cut n paste your comments to every thread, cause they are always the same.

The Sideshow haters are just so disappointed that it looks like they're gonna knock Vader out of the park and have completely punked Medicom with their Stormtrooper (which is better with the hard ABS, more accurate, in-scale, and $50 cheaper).

Suit and cape look to be of poor quality? The material looks fine. Baggy cause it's not on a production body.

You are just biching at SS as usual. You might as well cut n paste your comments to every thread, cause they are always the same.

Yours aren't exactly known for their variety so you've no room to talk.

Why does anyone who criticises Sideshow have to be obsessed with Medicom?
I personally couldn't give two craps about most of their Star Wars line either so I don't get why you have to bring that up. .
Did he quote you? NO
Do you always assume everyone talks about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back