Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with ya Tom, Sideshow is pretty good about these. But I could see if the edition is set for 1977 that a good chunk would already be gone. Either way I'll be there on Friday and I'll hop on the waitlist as con orders seem to cancel even more than PPOs :lol

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that more than that number got ordered at the con. Mna! I would hate to be those guys that had to sit there all day and hand-write ordeers...

especially if any number of them were as big as mine.

The question is--how many of those who preordered at the show would have definitely placed an order at the PPO (like myself) anyway. If the majority of the show orders came from people who would have been involved in the PPO, then the total demand/number of sales won't be dramatically impacted, just the pressure on the server since many of us have already reserved one.

It's hard to say how many people went up to a CS rep at the show and requested a floor order who didn't already know about the online ordering system, and how many of those specifically requested the exclusive (I had to specifically ask for it). I think that a healthy amount of people were drawn in who wouldn't have been waiting for the PPO, but not quite enough to drastically inflate the ES.

But then again, it's Vader--so anything goes...

The question is--how many of those who preordered at the show would have definitely placed an order at the PPO (like myself) anyway. If the majority of the show orders came from people who would have been involved in the PPO, then the total demand/number of sales won't be dramatically impacted, just the pressure on the server since many of us have already reserved one.

It's hard to say how many people went up to a CS rep at the show and requested a floor order who didn't already know about the online ordering system, and how many of those specifically requested the exclusive (I had to specifically ask for it). I think that a healthy amount of people were drawn in who wouldn't have been waiting for the PPO, but not quite enough to drastically inflate the ES.

But then again, it's Vader--so anything goes...

I am one who would have been on the PPO if I had not ordered at trhe con.

Good point, I assumed at the show they would heavily adverstise the pre-order option.

I think that the newsletter and website are pushed far more heavily than the attendee ordering option. Depending upon the size of the crowd, they pretty much stay behind the counter and you go up and ask to place an order, in the same area where you pick up your preordered exclusives (another thing that only relative insiders know about).

The employees roaming around the booth are the ones giving you a gift card and telling you to go online to redeem it, and there are contests that involve signing up for the newsletter. It makes more sense for Sideshow to draw newbies into the website and newsletter than to take care of all their preordering needs in one swoop and then wave goodbye until next year. Repeat business comes from the newsletter and web, so that it what they focus on.

There is also more of a focus on show specials and selling through available stock, with big posters listing things like the Thing PF, etc. They get on the microphone and announce a discount on the Chucky doll, rather than telling everybody to come on over and preorder the EX Vader.

A dialogue between Sideshow and Non-Attendees.

NA: I can't do it Sideshow.

SSC: You cannot escape your destiny, you must face intense PPO again.

NA: I can't kill another server.

SSC: Then the Attendess have already won, you were the only hope.

NA: Medicom spoke of another.

SSC: The other they spoke of is his undersized twin.

NA: But he has no twin.

SSC: To protect collectors from the horror, it was hidden from them when it was made. Medicom knew as we did. If collectors, were to see how small it is, they would be a threat to us. That is why it remains safely on eBay.

Not trying to flame any Medi-SSC stuff, just feeling the humor this afternoon :lol

Man, its about accurate :lol I'm pretty well getting out of the Medicom figures... I really like their new Anime stuff, but aside from that HT and Sideshow will be my masters :rock

SSC: To protect collectors from the horror, it was hidden from them when it was made. Medicom knew as we did. If collectors, were to see how small it is, they would be a threat to us. That is why it remains safely on eBay.

Not trying to flame any Medi-SSC stuff, just feeling the humor this afternoon :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
Very good, MF! Very good indeed!

Totally Awesome ! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

SSC: Give in to less expensive figures of comparable quality and greater height. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

Medi Fan: No!

SSC: It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.

Medi-Vader Owner: Your base body has made you powerful. Now fulfill your destiny and take your place at Sideshow figures' side.

Medi-Vader: Never. I'll never be big enough to stand with them, you've failed.

Medi-Vader Owner: So be it, tiny.....If you will not fit in, you will be replaced.

Medi Vader: That face you make... look I so short to young eyes?

Medi Fan: No. Of course not.

Medi Vader: I do. Yes, I do. Short have I become, old and weak...

I'll be taller than the Maul box. This figure is HUGE.

Interesting. I wish SSC would photograph him with Old Ben or Leia for those that couldn't go to the con, give us an idea of how he compares in size to figures we have.

Interesting. I wish SSC would photograph him with Old Ben or Leia for those that couldn't go to the con, give us an idea of how he compares in size to figures we have.

Ditto. I would like to see some shots like they did of Quigon and Maul when they were still in the production phase.

Ditto. I would like to see some shots like they did of Quigon and Maul when they were still in the production phase.

That'd be even better, but I'd settler for something like Old Ben and Vader standing next to each other, just something to put him in a context we can understand, same with Stormies for that matter.

I'd say he's at least 1/2" taller than any other SSC 1:6 figure I can think of. The armor and suit isn't the only reason why they had to create an all-new body just for Vader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back