Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the ES is 1977 but honestly I don't know how many people ordered the Ex. I know I did but Dusty took my order and knew exactly what I wanted before I started. :lol

Everything :lol, sorry Josh, had to break balls a little.

I'm wondering. Since only the Exclusives are going up tomorrow and the estimated edition size is 1977 obviously slightly depleted from SDCC orders anyone really think that this will make it past only a couple of minutes Friday?

Presuming it's 1977, even if there are still 1700 unordered, I can see this selling out in a few minutes, faster than Clone Obi-Wan.

Its all good. There where several freaks around when I ordered my stuff and they all said the same thing in unison.

You just need to throw a curve ball once in a while, I bet Dusty would be funny if you caught her in a deer in headlights moment with a response from you haha.

You just need to throw a curve ball once in a while, I bet Dusty would be funny if you caught her in a deer in headlights moment with a response from you haha.

I thought about ordering like all the medicom stuff and nothing else. :lol

it would be cool if SS went with an edition size of 1977... obviously, this is only the first of many Vaders, a commemorative edition size for the first one will set a nice tone.

it would be cool if SS went with an edition size of 1977... obviously, this is only the first of many Vaders, a commemorative edition size for the first one will set a nice tone.

Ya, but for some collectors, this is THE Vader, having an ESB at 1980 or ROTJ at 1983 wouldn't be an issue, but depending, 1977 for this Vader could be trouble.

Ya, but for some collectors, this is THE Vader, having an ESB at 1980 or ROTJ at 1983 wouldn't be an issue, but depending, 1977 for this Vader could be trouble.

Thats why I expect the es to be more than 1977 but it would be cool if it was 1977.

Thats why I expect the es to be more than 1977 but it would be cool if it was 1977.

Part of me finds the release year ES neat, but at the same time, since the figures have no ES number on them, it's sort of mute. One day, SSC's site won't have these things on there anymore and the only ones who'll know the ES will be owners that remember and I can vouch I might forget in 10 years :lol

kinda scared i wont be able to get him in time. i remember CW obi sold out in under 10 minutes and i just barely got him. hopefully im first on the WL if im not quick enough.

Part of me finds the release year ES neat, but at the same time, since the figures have no ES number on them, it's sort of mute. One day, SSC's site won't have these things on there anymore and the only ones who'll know the ES will be owners that remember and I can vouch I might forget in 10 years :lol

I'm the same. ES is cool just because the year but they're not numbered so it doesn't really matter. Hell, I might forget next week. Its hell getting old.

Doesn't it feel weird being young and feeling like you're getting old already :lol

As for the year ES, what really is cool in my book is if the ES is the year and you get they year numbered one, like whoever ended up with Maul PF 1999.

Doesn't it feel weird being young and feeling like you're getting old already :lol

As for the year ES, what really is cool in my book is if the ES is the year and you get they year numbered one, like whoever ended up with Maul PF 1999.

Yes, it does. :lol

Its especially cool when you get pieces like Maul that they do put the numbers on.

I was able to order one exclusive Vader and two exclusive Stormtroopers on Saturday. I had heard of some people being told to wait for the PPO on the exclusives, but for myself and some others it didn't seem to be a problem. I even asked first to clarify and was told it was OK. Hopefully anybody that was denied on preview night tried again later, or will have good luck on Friday.

I was told on Wednesday to wait for the PPO. But on Friday I was told they were ordering and I was able to get my order in then.

Someone asked about the body and I may have posted this already - but it's 14" tall. It is a modified armor body, but they had to expand the torso area, so it's not just extensions on the arms and legs.

Let's try to keep this thread civil - anyone who has seen it in person knows that this Vader is awesome.

Let's try to keep this thread civil - anyone who has seen it in person knows that this Vader is awesome.

Surprisingly enough, so far this thread has actually been pretty civil. Aside from a very small number of detractors, I think everyone is pretty excited about this figure. I'm a very tough critic when it comes to Vader and this offering looks fantastic to me. :cool:

I'm surprised he made that comment, I haven't seen it get uncivil in here, certainly not the past few days.

Same here. I thought Anzik was just joking around (but I didn't see the deleted posts, so there ya go) :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back